Sponsored

Ford customer service still not much better…My story..

Deb68nc

Outer Banks
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Long story short, my vehicle went in production officially on January 10. I was told initially that it had a chip hold. Ok no problem. Then i called again a few days later (Jan 15th) and customer service said they don’t see a chip hold anymore and that my vehicle is awaiting carrier pickup. I said, but my tracker doesn’t show “built”. She said oh it’s built, no chip holds your good to go. Fast forward a few more days, no “built” tracker updates, no new notifications, no eta. I call again and they tell me it’s in flat rock Michigan on ramp 51 awaiting pickup. At this point I’m getting a bit frustrated to what’s true or not. Last Sunday night i get pinged on my home screen my ford pass notifications that my Alexa is up, gps, Ford streaming etc. on the app. I can see my mileage, how much fuel i have and where my vehicle is sitting near the tracks at the flat rock plant where they build Mustangs!!! So i call customer service on Monday and tell them what happened with my FordPass activation and i ask if she sees any updates. She tells me oh i see you have a chip hold. At this point I’m ready to drop dead with frustration. I said “ how can i be on a chip hold if they tell me it’s awaiting carrier pickup? The vehicle is in the rail yard parking lot and they’re gonna install the chip there?” They tell you the usual “contact your dealer with more information for they can tell you more detail than what we have”. Which is b.s.. So this morning i wake up to an email saying my vehicle has been built and shipped. Built 2/2 and shipped 2/3. Sooooo I’m saying really? They built my vehicle in the parking lot by the train rail overnight ?? I hope most y’all have a better experience than me. 🙏🏼
Ford Bronco Ford customer service still not much better…My story.. B1C55EE1-0456-4FC3-A40B-9662C6236500
Ford Bronco Ford customer service still not much better…My story.. ABA3CB81-AB87-4701-8EC9-CF1A330D8D8F
Sponsored

Last edited:

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This has been pretty common since the beginning. For fun you should start it just in case there's anyone standing around it.

OP
OP
Deb68nc

Deb68nc

Outer Banks
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This has been pretty common since the beginning. For fun you should start it just in case there's anyone standing around it.
Omg can you imagine !!! But don’t you have to have the key nearby to start from your phone?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Ford customer service still not much better…My story.. 1675470831511

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Long story short, my vehicle went in production officially on January 10. I was told initially that it had a chip hold. Ok no problem. Then i called again a few days later (Jan 15th) and customer service said they don’t see a chip hold anymore and that my vehicle is awaiting carrier pickup. I said, but my tracker doesn’t show “built”. She said oh it’s built, no chip holds your good to go. Fast forward a few more days, no “built” tracker updates, no new notifications, no eta. I call again and they tell me it’s in flat rock Michigan on ramp 51 awaiting pickup. At this point I’m getting a bit frustrated to what’s true or not. Last Sunday night i get pinged on my home screen my ford pass notifications that my Alexa is up, gps, Ford streaming etc. on the app. I can see my mileage, how much fuel i have and where my vehicle is sitting near the tracks at the flat rock plant where they build Mustangs!!! So i call customer service on Monday and tell them what happened with my FordPass activation and i ask if she sees any updates. She tells me oh i see you have a chip hold. At this point I’m ready to drop dead with frustration. I said “ how can i be on a chip hold if they tell me it’s awaiting carrier pickup?” They tell you the usual contact your dealer with more information for they can tell you more detail than what we have. Which by the way is b.s. The dealers have no more info than customer service. So this morning i wake up to an email saying my vehicle has been built and shipped. Built 2/2 and shipped 2/3. Sooooo I’m saying really? They built my vehicle in the parking lot by the train rail overnight ?? I hope most have a better experience than me.
B1C55EE1-0456-4FC3-A40B-9662C6236500.png
ABA3CB81-AB87-4701-8EC9-CF1A330D8D8F.png
No, i'm pretty sure your experience is pretty common. We got the "were sorry, but your Bronco is going to be pushed to a 22 model" email in September. Then in October we get the scheduled for production email. We got our Bronco Dec 8th. The left hand doesn't even know the right hand exists.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Deb68nc

Deb68nc

Outer Banks
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, i'm pretty sure your experience is pretty common. We got the "were sorry, but your Bronco is going to be pushed to a 22 model" in September. Then in October I get the scheduled for production email. We got our Bronco Dec 8th. The left hand doesn't even know the right hand exists.
I think the thing that floored me the most was seeing my FordPass activated in the rail yard parking lot Sunday at 11:30 pm. I was like wtf is going on here???

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the thing that floored me the most was seeing my FordPass activated in the rail yard parking lot Sunday at 11:30 pm. I was like wtf is going on here???
I know. Your like, who's f%*$^!g with my Bronco! 🤔 :mad:

OP
OP
Deb68nc

Deb68nc

Outer Banks
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know. Your like, who's f%*$^!g with my Bronco! 🤔 :mad:
And they drove it 43 miles from map to the flat rock assembly plant . I was really fearing it was slipping through the cracks and never to be seen again.

Riverjeep

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Crazy that your Ford Pass is already activated, I had to have possession of mine before that worked!

OP
OP
Deb68nc

Deb68nc

Outer Banks
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Crazy that your Ford Pass is already activated, I had to have possession of mine before that worked!
I know. That wasn’t supposed to happen there at the plant..🤦🏻‍♀️

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Long story short, my vehicle went in production officially on January 10. I was told initially that it had a chip hold. Ok no problem. Then i called again a few days later (Jan 15th) and customer service said they don’t see a chip hold anymore and that my vehicle is awaiting carrier pickup. I said, but my tracker doesn’t show “built”. She said oh it’s built, no chip holds your good to go. Fast forward a few more days, no “built” tracker updates, no new notifications, no eta. I call again and they tell me it’s in flat rock Michigan on ramp 51 awaiting pickup. At this point I’m getting a bit frustrated to what’s true or not. Last Sunday night i get pinged on my home screen my ford pass notifications that my Alexa is up, gps, Ford streaming etc. on the app. I can see my mileage, how much fuel i have and where my vehicle is sitting near the tracks at the flat rock plant where they build Mustangs!!! So i call customer service on Monday and tell them what happened with my FordPass activation and i ask if she sees any updates. She tells me oh i see you have a chip hold. At this point I’m ready to drop dead with frustration. I said “ how can i be on a chip hold if they tell me it’s awaiting carrier pickup? The vehicle is in the rail yard parking lot and they’re gonna install the chip there?” They tell you the usual “contact your dealer with more information for they can tell you more detail than what we have”. Which is b.s.. So this morning i wake up to an email saying my vehicle has been built and shipped. Built 2/2 and shipped 2/3. Sooooo I’m saying really? They built my vehicle in the parking lot by the train rail overnight ?? I hope most y’all have a better experience than me. 🙏🏼
Ford Bronco Ford customer service still not much better…My story.. 1675470831511
Yes, as I think we discussed before, its the Built and Shipped status on the tracker that you can usually believe, along with an official email. The rest is usually midleading info leading to false hopes, and rabbit holes.

Last edited:

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hahaha haha. I wish my dilemma wasn't dragged out for nine months in built/awaiting shipping status and receiving the standard answers back from customer service. Consider yourself one of the lucky folk.

DIVIOSDI

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm having the same issue.
Built on 1/23/23
Status updated to shipped on 1/24/23
ETA is 2/5/23 thru 2/18/23 (already past).

I just called my dealer and he said it was in Flat Rock AP sitting in a parking lot with thousands of other vehicles. Dealer has no information why it wasn't loaded, reason for the delay. He did give me their phone number to raise hell. Any advice on getting through the expected choose your own adventure automated phone messaging game, to actually talk to someone who knows? Planning on calling tomorrow.

OP
OP
Deb68nc

Deb68nc

Outer Banks
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm having the same issue.
Built on 1/23/23
Status updated to shipped on 1/24/23
ETA is 2/5/23 thru 2/18/23 (already past).

I just called my dealer and he said it was in Flat Rock AP sitting in a parking lot with thousands of other vehicles. Dealer has no information why it wasn't loaded, reason for the delay. He did give me their phone number to raise hell. Any advice on getting through the expected choose your own adventure automated phone messaging game, to actually talk to someone who knows? Planning on calling tomorrow.
What is the number of you don’t mind. I’ll try calling too. Mines been there since 1/10 with no update of loaded onto the train. I’m so tired of this i feel like being in flat rock isn’t a good sign of anything coming out of there. My eta ends 2/21. Have you gotten a new eta?
Sponsored