Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Things are starting to get crazy.
Ford Store with (21) total Broncos lined up out front including 2 Raptors.
Most of these Broncos have been sitting on the lot for months.

All listed at $2,000 to $3,000 off MSRP (Minus Raptors, $500 off).
They have a Shelter Green 2024 Raptor in transit. Sticker shows it’s just shy of $100,000.

The market has most definitely corrected itself. No more ADM.
How Long are these Broncos going to sit on the lot?
Do you think they will ever sell these at current prices?
You really can't take a reading on the whole market based on one dealer. As others have said, of course supply and demand are equalizing. Interest rates have changed the amount of car (and house, etc.) that people can afford. But just because a dealer has inventory doesn't mean there's a problem. We've been in a market where it was hard to find a Bronco so people forget that dealers are supposed to have inventory! A typical "healthy" supply is 60-days of inventory. So, 20 vehicles is normal if they are selling at 10 per month. If they aren't selling that fast at your dealer, they may be out-of-balance. But a quick check of my local dealer shows 9 Broncos in stock out of 250 total new vehicles in stock. That seems normal. Some dealers and even some regions may have over-supply while others may be fine.

If the total nationwide supply or a regional supply of Broncos gets too high, Ford will offer incentives. This cycle and way of doing business has been around for generations. Those predicting doom forgot about the Covid slump? The Great Recession? The Dot Com bust? Here's a quote from an NYT article: "Ford said its rebate, which begins Feb. 19 and runs through March 21, amounts to 10 percent of the list price of most of its mid-size and large models..." One little additional point: that article was dated February 18...1981. Zero percent financing has been around for 40 years. These are tools the automakers use to prop up sales during slow periods. Customers respond to incentives and they work better than trying to change MSRP, which isn't possible on vehicles already produced, nor is it practical from a business perspective. Imagine being a dealer and having almost no idea what the MSRP of a vehicle will be because the manufacturer keeps changing it based on recent sales or interest rates.
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think everyone that has a near-by dealer with 5 or more Bronco's should walk in and offer them $10k below MSRP and work from there. It was good enough for them when the market was thin that they deserve a little payback!

Anyrate, I got mine at the tail end of the craziness but with all my private and Granger offers intact so I'm very happy with my deal but did a Carvana quote just to see what they'd offer .... $37k on a vehicle that stickered for $50k and that I paid $41k on 5 months ago. I can't fathom those out there that paid an ADM on a high level trim with current interest rates. I'm sure those same Ford dealers would be nice enough to roll all that negative equity into another loan for those that need something new and shiney!
5 Broncos is not even a normal supply. Two months' inventory is normal.

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
In regard to other Fords... I went down to the local dealer (Folsom, CA) and there were a bunch of MachEs by the front door. Don't know what was in the back, but I got a feeling the MachE are also at saturation. I see on Yahoo Finance the headline about Ford cutting the MachE price by up to $8100.

I guess all that money everyone saved during the Pandemic is now gone... along with the car shortages... and of course that increased interest rate doesn't help!

coryfg

Wildtrak
First Name
Corrado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Things are starting to get crazy.
Ford Store with (21) total Broncos lined up out front including 2 Raptors.
Most of these Broncos have been sitting on the lot for months.

All listed at $2,000 to $3,000 off MSRP (Minus Raptors, $500 off).
They have a Shelter Green 2024 Raptor in transit. Sticker shows it’s just shy of $100,000.

The market has most definitely corrected itself. No more ADM.
How Long are these Broncos going to sit on the lot?
Do you think they will ever sell these at current prices?

View attachment 612920
View attachment 612923

coryfg

Wildtrak
First Name
Corrado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford reported in their last quarterly earnings that Bronco sales were down 27% which I was surprised to hear.

Sponsored

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I commented about this a couple of months back about a local dealer having several Broncos on their lot and was basically called a liar. Go figure. I was there last weekend and they have Broncos, some marked $2000 off (under sticker), some from last summer, most 2023 models.

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford seems to be reacting slow to current market conditions. Bronco should have been at 1.9% for 60 month terms and Lightning EV pickups should have been 0% 60 month term starting at beginning of this month but I doubt even in Mar they will offer any lower apr rates. Digging a bigger hole for their dealer network.
With households averaging $750-1000/month less due to inflationary costs, high interest rates and high priced "fun" vehicles are not on the 'have to buy' list. Those Broncos are going to sit and sit.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Disposable income is squeezed to hell and its now catching up from 2020 accelerated inflation. Housing market is a train wreck for buyers.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A few weeks ago the wife was interested in getting an Outer Banks 4dr but even with her 860 credit score they wanted 8.9% interest. She ended up a few blocks down the street and drove home a 2024 Mazda CX-50 Premium Plus Turbo for 0%. It's a pretty nice little vehicle and actually suits her more. The 9% interest the Ford dealer wanted was insane. There's no reason Ford could not offer incentives of at least 1.9% on the Bronco. Similar to the EV crisis , I think most everyone that really had to have a Bronco has already gotten one.
Shop your local credit union...my god Ford has always had horrid rates. When I bought mine Ford said the best the were even going to be able to get was 5.5, Navy Federal gave me 2.04! And I was at like 806 at the time, when the finance guy said he knew he wouldn't be able to get below 5.5 I laughed and said "I'll have a check from NFCU on Monday"

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford reported in their last quarterly earnings that Bronco sales were down 27% which I was surprised to hear.
I seen that too. I think some of it can attributed to the strike and Broncos not moving out of MAP.

Sponsored

ADK23

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like 2023 was Broncos best sales year ..

IMG_0853.png

Reactions: LCW

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shop your local credit union...my god Ford has always had horrid rates. When I bought mine Ford said the best the were even going to be able to get was 5.5, Navy Federal gave me 2.04! And I was at like 806 at the time, when the finance guy said he knew he wouldn't be able to get below 5.5 I laughed and said "I'll have a check from NFCU on Monday"
Both credit unions were 6.8% at the time. The one good thing about waiting 3 years to get my Bronco is that I was continually putting back money each month so it ended up paid for. If the wife had not found something at 0% we would never have bought something at these current rates.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Both credit unions were 6.8% at the time. The one good thing about waiting 3 years to get my Bronco is that I was continually putting back money each month so it ended up paid for. If the wife had not found something at 0% we would never have bought something at these current rates.
between my trade in and the cash I'd saved, I was able to put down quite a bit myself. But 2.04% is damned hard to beat.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like 2023 was Broncos best sales year ..

Ford Bronco Ford Dealer Lots OVERFLOWING!  Bronco Lot Rot IMG_0853
While I agree that MY23 was the best sales year, there is no way that data is accurate. No Broncos were sold in 2020 and only 54.5k were produced in 2021. I didn't keep track of sales numbers, but below are production numbers:

Ford Bronco Ford Dealer Lots OVERFLOWING!  Bronco Lot Rot 1708454621174
Sponsored