First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It also doesn't help that Ford has raised the price what? $10k? Started with a Base for under $30k, to now the Base is a Big Bend selling for $39k?
When you account for sales tax, the price increase is just shy of $14k. Ford also upped the BS delivery fee by $400 or so.

Base was $28,500. Out the door, with TTL, mine was $32 or so. No way would I have paid $46k for this truck.
Sponsored

burgerking

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No manual transmission models within 100 miles of here. I ordered a 2 door big bend. I think they said to expect it in May, possibly late April.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
It also doesn't help that Ford has raised the price what? $10k? Started with a Base for under $30k, to now the Base is a Big Bend selling for $39k? Seems as though Ford is doing a great job of pricing themselves out. And what dealers order low end Big Bends? Very few out by me, they are typically Outer Banks, loaded up. For whatever reason Ford thought we'll Jeep is raising prices we should too.

Guess what Ford, people like to buy off lots, but when your typical Bronco is at or over $50k, we'll I'm guessing there are way more options for people who were on the fence of getting a Bronco. Ford didn't think the hype would wear off this quick.
Then to add to it, the hard-top jumps from $800 to $1800, the Sas package from $5800 to $8660, and the 2.7 has a $500(?) increase, Mod bumper $200 increase. Closest trim/options to my MY22 Base Sas/2.7/HT, is the BD Sas at a $17K price increase.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not arguing that market is adjusting…which BTW is a good thing, but your low value has more to do with the nearly 100,000 miles on your rig.
Well, I still have 60k miles and 3 years left on my warranty - that's better than the new warranty. ;) lol. Ya, the 90k miles is the primary driver of the "market" value - there is no way I would part with it anywhere south of $35k and then only if I was desperate.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

When you account for sales tax, the price increase is just shy of $14k. Ford also upped the BS delivery fee by $400 or so.

Base was $28,500. Out the door, with TTL, mine was $32 or so. No way would I have paid $46k for this truck.
No kidding. I just looked up my 2Dr Big Bend with only 10-speed auto. I recall the original 2021 price was $34K or something and today it is $43K. Yeah there's 12" screen and vinyl seats but everything else is the same (base audio, 2.3L, no lockers, etc). Absolutely not worth $43K.

No manual transmission models within 100 miles of here. I ordered a 2 door big bend. I think they said to expect it in May, possibly late April.
2Dr is already super rare (former 2Dr owner here) and then you have MT which is also rare and then add the Big Bend trim which Ford doesn't seem to care much about producing in large numbers due to margins.

Sponsored

Gregus73

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Silverado 2500 HC, 2023 Bronco Heritage, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
No kidding. I just looked up my 2Dr Big Bend with only 10-speed auto. I recall the original 2021 price was $34K or something and today it is $43K. Yeah there's 12" screen and vinyl seats but everything else is the same (base audio, 2.3L, no lockers, etc). Absolutely not worth $43K.

2Dr is already super rare (former 2Dr owner here) and then you have MT which is also rare and then add the Big Bend trim which Ford doesn't seem to care much about producing in large numbers due to margins.
$43K seems a bit steep, whereas the lowest trim Wrangler Sport at the dealer closest to me sells for $42,496.
I guess inflation plays a role in this...
The again, I am curious of the profit margin on these. My guess would be 4-10%.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I were to bring another car home, pretty sure I'd be sleeping outside in too until my wife calms down...
It's called "Overlanding" ;)

But seriously, is anyone surprised that dealers are starting to have inventory? The Bronco is not a limited run vehicle, or anything special, really, but rather just another mass produced SUV. This happens all the time when a new vehicle comes out - The 2010 Camaro was super hot but by February of '11 I was able to by a 1SS under MSRP. The 4 door Wrangler in '07 was super hot but I bought one under MSRP off the lot memorial day weekend of 2007. Every time a new corvette comes out, its hot and hard to get for a year or 2, then they are everywhere.

The Bronco took a little longer because of supply chain constraints, coupled with mismanagement of the roll out, but I'm not surprised that they are catching up and getting to the point that anyone who wants one should be able to find one after looking around a bit ;)

C-Note

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Courtesy Ford outside ATL on I20 had about 10 lined up on the frontage road today as I zoomed past to see customers. I’ve never seen so many anywhere before.

soylent_green

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Bronco, 14 Raptor, 23 Big Bend, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
crazy marked up bronco raptor , a marked up bronco black diamond, and a marked up used base at my dealer. Didn't seem to crazy with inventory IMO.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

$43K seems a bit steep, whereas the lowest trim Wrangler Sport at the dealer closest to me sells for $42,496.
I guess inflation plays a role in this...
The again, I am curious of the profit margin on these. My guess would be 4-10%.
The difference is there are numerous auto brokers that can you get 10-12% off MSRP plus incentives. Real world prices are closer to mid-high 30s.

I briefly looked at ordering a new 24 Wrangler at 10+ % off but held out for a Bronco in the trim I wanted.

Sponsored

EasternSierra

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And interest rates will not even begin to change until end of this year.
Why do you say that? Interest rates are set by the Federal Reserve ("the Fed"), not by the President or Congress. The board of the Federal Reserve has seven members with overlapping terms, two of which are appointed each presidential term.

The Fed opened the spigots on the money supply when the pandemic hit, then tightened up when inflation hit. The global supply-chain-related inflation is now abating in the major developed economies so interest rates should come down somewhat. The long period of extremely low rates after the housing crash was a historical anomaly and we shouldn't expect it to return.

Interest rates are important for vehicle buyers so I think a brief off-topic explanation here is justified.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why do you say that? Interest rates are set by the Federal Reserve ("the Fed"), not by the President or Congress. The board of the Federal Reserve has seven members with overlapping terms, two of which are appointed each presidential term.

The Fed opened the spigots on the money supply when the pandemic hit, then tightened up when inflation hit. The global supply-chain-related inflation is now abating in the major developed economies so interest rates should come down somewhat. The long period of extremely low rates after the housing crash was a historical anomaly and we shouldn't expect it to return.

Interest rates are important for vehicle buyers so I think a brief off-topic explanation here is justified.
Yeah I know that...

The Fed in January said they won't look at lowering rates until the back half of the year. If they lower rates.

Most economists are calling for the end of April, but that won't be a massive cut, maybe 50 bps.

EasternSierra

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I know that...

The Fed in January said they won't look at lowering rates until the back half of the year. If they lower rates.

Most economists are calling for the end of April, but that won't be a massive cut, maybe 50 bps.
Sorry about that and thanks for replying. I guess I was thinking of other people I've seen here who didn't know that.

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just checked kbb for grins and from about 3 weeks ago, it's now about $3500 less...

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope. I paid $2k ADM last May on an early MY23 MSRP... which in total was a few hundred bucks lower than the late MY23 MSRP and even lower than the 24 MY MSRP. And I have had my vehicle to enjoy for nearly a year, taken it on many back country trips, have slept in it for at least 2 weeks.

I never take out loans on vehicles and hold them for at least 10 years. That works out to less than $200/year because of the ADM. Some spend 3x that on coffee alone. It is important to a) only spend money you have and b) on things that matter to you.
sorry, I just don't believe in paying MSRP let alone adm...$6k below MSRP here loaded Badlands with Sasquatch.
Sponsored