Sponsored

Ford engineers should just stop and ask why? It’s not hard.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The global up/down power windows have been an issue for a while, but there is Forscan. The amount of stuff the F150 / Mustang community changed or can change is pretty awesome. Ok thats my helpful one post for today.
Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why have an analog and a digital speedo next to each other on the dash?
A tribute to the original Bronco...personally, I love it!

Why have ECO mode REALLY when your driving a brick? Give me Sport mode.
Really, why not just go Baja and switch to 2H or 4A?

Why did they let the left handed intern design the steering wheel button placement. All the Fords I own the volume/source buttons are on the right. Menu buttons on the left. Not the Bronco.
Because having the volume on the left makes more sense, I can turn the volume with my right! lol

Why does the auto AC at 69 degrees blow twice as hard as 70 degrees regardless of heat load.
1 degree makes a huge difference, look at the ocean levels!

Why does the auto AC decide from time to time to give you frost bite on your feet when the heat load is from the windows Why? Cold air sinks, Dah.
Because the footwell area does not have good air circulation, use the dash vents then...

Why did Ford put a cabin air filter in? THE ROOF COMES OFF, Hello.
For those who will use AC and Heat?

Why doesn't the owner manual tell you that if you unlock from remote and hold for three seconds the windows open? Page 78 owners manual
Huh?

Why not allow the lock and hold remote feature close the windows?
ForSCAN!

Last edited:

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Because having the volume on the left make more sense, I can turn the volume with my right! lol
Honestly I disagree with this one. I think left hand controls for the dash and right hand controls for the radio should be the standard for all left hand drive cars. My last car was built primarily for the korean market, and you can tell the second you get in it's a RHD designed steering wheel put in a LHD car.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why did I waste my time reading this rant????
because you are still waiting on your Bronco and are forced to vicariously experience what it might be like to be a Bronco owner? I must be in the same boat since I got this far in the thread. I expect my first 1200 miles to be a much happier experience (or not after waiting extra months and there are still quality issues) but may need to print out the list on what to be aware of and is already addressed. I can hardly wait to be disappointed while having a blast!

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why did they let the left handed intern design the steering wheel button placement. All the Fords I own the volume/source buttons are on the right. Menu buttons on the left. Not the Bronco.
STOP RIGHT THERE. My Jeep has the volume buttons on the right. Horribly pointless. I don’t need volume buttons 3 inches from the dashboard volume knob. Most people drive one handed. Left hand hanging on the door and wheel. Right hand relaxed. I can’t stand having to move around just to change the volume. If you ever want to know prefect placement for buttons look at a BMW. They have an entire team of doctors that research ergonomics. Volume buttons are on the left.

Sponsored

Maxer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 4-door 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sometimes I ask myself why? And after only 1200 miles here’s the list

Why the triangle at corner of the rear window? Is it to annoy the rear passenger resting their arm on the window sill.

Why have an analog and a digital speedo next to each other on the dash? DUMB

Why have ECO mode REALLY when your driving a brick? Give me Sport mode.

Why does the auto AC at 69 degrees blow twice as hard as 70 degrees regardless of heat load.

Why does the auto AC decide from time to time to give you frost bite on your feet when the heat load is from the windows Why? Cold air sinks, Dah.

Why did Ford put a cabin air filter in? THE ROOF COMES OFF, Hello.

Why doesn't the owner manual tell you that if you unlock from remote and hold for three seconds the windows open? Page 78 owners manual

Why not allow the lock and hold remote feature close the windows?

Why does the dash panel auto dim but the Sync touchscreen stays bright?

Why when switching to a G.O.A.T mode then back to 2WD normal does the menu not revert back to My View, instead you have to toggle through the menu.

Why touching the brake pedal lightly doesn't deactivate the cruise like my F150 (brake lights) you actually have the apply some brake force to deactivate.

Why does adaptive cruise control continue if you open the door and lift your body weight off the seat and unbuckle the seat belt, shouldn't it shut off?

Why are the window switches mounted on the console, just because Jeep does? The 1st generation window cracks were on the door.

Why is it OK to have condensation inside the lens as long as it doesn't puddle or collect. Mine has fogging already and didn't even wash it yet. Page 95 owners manual

Why is the owners manual in the radio? What if I had a dead battery in the middle of an area with no cell service. "Hey Hun what fuse is the headlights? Let's check the Sync"

Why are phone notifications so loud? You can turn them off but not quite them.

Why does Ford think the fix for a poor windshield washer filler design is a tywrap to hold it in place. Mine was missing and filler neck fell off. Check yours out you have a clear or black tywrap?

Why didn't Ford put an engine cover over the motor? Your embarrassed to open the hood just looks like shit. Plastic intercooler piping.

Overall I’m happy with my Bronco I just need to stop asking why.
I agree and I will add another point:

Why didn't Ford put in something to block the stones from hitting the lower portion of door panels, the rear fender flares and the door handles? Only 2 weeks of driving ruined all the paint.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Honestly I disagree with this one. I think left hand controls for the dash and right hand controls for the radio should be the standard for all left hand drive cars. My last car was built primarily for the korean market, and you can tell the second you get in it's a RHD designed steering wheel put in a LHD car.
Never had a manual trans or what? Right handed audio controls suck. You use the audio controls the most, and if you have a manual you probably drive left handed. So every time you want to change the music, you have to move your right hand from wherever it's resting, rather than clicking a button on the wheel with your left hand that's already there. Any LHD vehicle with a manual option should have the audio controls on the left. My last two Fords have had this backwards and it's one of the many things I miss about my VW.

DieselSmack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why does adaptive cruise control continue if you open the door and lift your body weight off the seat and unbuckle the seat belt, shouldn't it shut off?
I don't know if I've every tried this on my ACC equipped cars, but damn its funny picturing someone doing this

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
and so we don't hear; I paid $50,000+ and I don't get a cabin filter?
This has to be the first time in history someone has complained about HAVING a cabin air filter. Why would anyone expressly NOT want one? 😂

Gourik31

Badlands
First Name
Gourik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reading things like that does not make me feel any better about the vehicle i really want. Everything in my brain tells me to stay away, not order for now or go for JLU.
I do appreciate everyone's review tho.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know if I've every tried this on my ACC equipped cars, but damn its funny picturing someone doing this
and good reason for the digital manual. This will be an easy addendum on what not to do. Hope is it not just a description but includes illustrations or since it is digital a nice video clip would help.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This!

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Never had a manual trans or what? Right handed audio controls suck. You use the audio controls the most, and if you have a manual you probably drive left handed. So every time you want to change the music, you have to move your right hand from wherever it's resting, rather than clicking a button on the wheel with your left hand that's already there. Any LHD vehicle with a manual option should have the audio controls on the left. My last two Fords have had this backwards and it's one of the many things I miss about my VW.
I've owned manuals for about 9 years and automatics for about 11. I drive with both hands on the wheel regardless of the transmission choice and have since my late 20s when I realized control beats "cool points". It's also around the age I started wearing bicycle helmets again.

Now granted I realize I'm in the minority, as it's extremely rare for me to see a single other person with both hands on the wheel during my daily commute. But all you cool kids can keep one-strapping your backpacks, sitting on chairs backwards, not wearing motorcycle or bicycle helmets, wearing your visors upside-down and sideways, and steering with your knees while you eat a McRib with one hand and text your bros about that hot chick from the bar you wish you banged last night with the other.

I'll just be over here 10 and 2ing with my thumbs unhooked like every driving course suggests. Having easy access to my steering wheel controls.
Sponsored