First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So for those of us that have our Bronco and to those that are soon to be Bronco owners......

The hard Sell on downloading the FordPass app and now Ford being linked forever to my VIN/activity has me annoyed. Ideas on how to disable?
Unless you like Big Brother, I'd push back. They will most likely make you download it before you are "allowed," to drive off the lot.

I wish I would have said ,"No".
Sponsored

KenRobertson

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just picked up my Bronco last week and I agree that the dealer was pushy about signing up for the Ford Pass. They must get a decent kickback or something.

I told them no. I said that I'm not allowed to install apps on my company phone for security reasons. The dealer was still pushy about it so I told them I would install Ford Pass on a tablet when I got home (which I did) and gave them the member number. But in my Bronco, I did not approve the modem activation, so as far as I know, I'm not sending my data to Ford.

I know I am on the paranoid side when it comes to security and privacy - I'm the type of person who locks down the permissions in my smartphone to the point that it is almost unusable. When I read about all of the data that Ford collects (it's in the user agreement that no one reads), I wasn't about to set it up.

Is there any great benefit of Ford Pass that I am missing out on? I don't think so. Ford will give you some Ford points to use on services, but it is not that much. Especially compared to the data that they want you to give away.

I would like to hear what others think.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lxatoledo

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just picked up my Bronco last week and I agree that the dealer was pushy about signing up for the Ford Pass. They must get a decent kickback or something.

I told them no. I said that I'm not allowed to install apps on my company phone for security reasons. The dealer was still pushy about it so I told them I would install Ford Pass on a tablet when I got home (which I did) and gave them the member number. But in my Bronco, I did not approve the modem activation, so as far as I know, I'm not sending my data to Ford.

I know I am on the paranoid side when it comes to security and privacy - I'm the type of person who locks down the permissions in my smartphone to the point that it is almost unusable. When I read about all of the data that Ford collects (it's in the user agreement that no one reads), I wasn't about to set it up.

Is there any great benefit of Ford Pass that I am missing out on? I don't think so. Ford will give you some Ford points to use on services, but it is not that much. Especially compared to the data that they want you to give away.

I absolutely agree. I went to a F150. Forum to see if they had any knowledge on FordPass deactivation. Just ridicule and "tin hat" responses

It is obvious no one reads pages 406-411. All upside for Ford. IMHO keep your dumb points.
Do u know how to deactivate?

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I use it to start my Bronco from my 3rd floor apartment. Otherwise, I could care less about having it. But, with temps in the 20s each morning, I want it warm before I get to it.

blsbikes2

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I plan on saying the exact same thing, its a work phone so hands off!!
On my Android cell I have the option to disable or uninstall App's. Go to Settings and then under Phone hit Apps and then Application Manager. Then hit the app you want to remove and the options show to disable and or uninstall.

KenRobertson

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I use it to start my Bronco from my 3rd floor apartment. Otherwise, I could care less about having it. But, with temps in the 20s each morning, I want it warm before I get to it.
That is a good benefit for cold mornings. I have a manual transmission, so I can't take advantage of the remote start.

KenRobertson

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I absolutely agree. I went to a F150. Forum to see if they had any knowledge on FordPass deactivation. Just ridicule and "tin hat" responses

It is obvious no one reads pages 406-411. All upside for Ford. IMHO keep your dumb points.
Do u know how to deactivate?
It looks like you can completely disable the modem that sends the data or you can selectively turn off some of the data in the privacy settings.

On the touchscreen, select "Settings", then "Connectivity", then "Connected Vehicle Features".
Then you have the options to turn off "Share Vehicle Data", "Share Vehicle Analytics" or completely shut off "Vehicle Connectivity". It warns you that you will lose real-time updates if you shut it off.

Sponsored

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sas Mid Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can someone clue me into why its such a big deal? I'm not following.

KenRobertson

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can someone clue me into why its such a big deal? I'm not following.
It might not be that big of a deal, but for me, I didn't want the Ford App on my phone and the dealer was pushing it. It seemed like they did not want to deliver the vehicle unless I installed the app and signed up for the Ford pass. They really wanted my Ford pass ID.

In addition, I don't see why I should give Ford permission to all of the data they want from my vehicle. I wouldn't mind if they were just collecting maintenance data for troubleshooting and repairs, but they collect a whole lot more.

Here is some of the data that Ford collects:
Vehicle location - based on GPS, including speed, direction
Driving Data - speed, use of accelerator, brakes, steering, seat belts, etc.
Vehicle Data - components, status, diagnostics ( I think I'm okay with this)
Audio/Visual - Voice commands and other utterances captured when the vehicle’s voice recognition system is in “active listen”
(Source - https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...rdpass-account/fordpass-terms-and-conditions/ )

I wanted to know if anyone else had the same dealer experience (seems like a few people have) and if I was missing out on some huge benefit of Ford pass by being stubborn about giving away my data.

OP
OP
Lxatoledo

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It looks like you can completely disable the modem that sends the data or you can selectively turn off some of the data in the privacy settings.

On the touchscreen, select "Settings", then "Connectivity", then "Connected Vehicle Features".
Then you have the options to turn off "Share Vehicle Data", "Share Vehicle Analytics" or completely shut off "Vehicle Connectivity". It warns you that you will lose real-time updates if you shut it off.
Thank you!!! will try that tomorrow!!!!!
Sponsored