First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm also having an issue with FordPass activation. I apparently don't have the FordPass icon on my radio? Is that a thing? Car radio is connected to WiFi at my house. Just can't get the FordPass app to play nicely.
The ford pass app only shows up for me when I allow Sync to connect through car play, but that doesn't really help because I still can't actually activate the vehicle. I went through everything with FordPass customer service, and they said I have a modem issue because even though I did master reset 4 times yesterday on their end the modem was not showing any activity since my build date.
Sponsored

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine had issues at the dealer when I set up the activation. The cell service there sucked. When I got home I connected sync to my home wifi and then everything approved.

First Name
Broncosaurus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was having this problem on multiple phones. Connecting it via the USB cable worked the first try. Worth a shot if you're experiencing this frustration.

tunaboy91

First Edition
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 - Edge
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m having the same issue. I was told by FordPass that “There was an SSM issued on a October 13 related to unable to authorize the FordPass. Service should be able to fix. “

I don’t know what the time is to fix this is yet, but will be heading back to the dealership shortly.

Sponsored

jdrouin

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.techsolutionsmaine.com
Vehicle(s)
F150 Raptor Clone, 2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm having the same issue. Was told told to bring back to my service dept and reference som SSM number, which i neglected to write down.

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Try these things one at a time, if the first one doesn't work try the second etc...:
1. Delete truck from app + Master reset your Sync 4 (Settings>Reset>Master Reset) Then try again.
2. Same as 1, but after resetting, disconnect the negative battery terminal for 2 minutes, then try again.
3. Same as 1, but after resetting, pull the fuse for the gateway module for 2 minutes, then put it back and try again. (Fuse is #12 in the BCM fusebox, passenger side under glove box. Pg. 315 in the owners manual)

If that all fails, bring it to your service department to check the gateway module
Number 3 is the only thing that worked for me. Side note, the BCM fuse box is on the driver side under the closeout panel below the steering column.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same here. My account will only change on the phone to activation pending but no pop up ever appears in the vehicle. Tried most all suggestions. May be more of a connectivity issue because the car also never sees a WiFi network where as my explorer has no problem in the same location.
I'm having this same issue. I worked with Ford support chat and the first guy told me he was escalating to an engineer and a week later the second person told me to take it back to the dealer. Dealer laughs and says there's nothing he can do. The prompt just never comes up on the screen.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Number 3 is the only thing that worked for me. Side note, the BCM fuse box is on the driver side under the closeout panel below the steering column.
I'm having this same issue. I worked with Ford support chat and the first guy told me he was escalating to an engineer and a week later the second person told me to take it back to the dealer. Dealer laughs and says there's nothing he can do. The prompt just never comes up on the screen.
See the above quote, usually just needs a hard reset

Edit: Correction, the Telematics Control Unit is fuse 20. Pg. 316 in the owners manual. The gateway module is a different module.

The TCU is the modem for Ford Pass Connect

Last edited:

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same. On Bronco and SD. Tried all troubleshooting items here. Strikeout. Shouldn’t be this hard.

In order to get points credited we have to activate right??

Sponsored

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had same problems, would not activate, then one day it just activated for about a week then it stopped responding to the vehicle. dove back into getting it to reactivate , ended up the simplest solution , disconnected the negative battery terminal for 10 minutes then it just activated again. See how long it last now.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My Ford Pass App has worked great, very useful. Way better than my GMC app.

charlieecho

Outer Banks
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey just something I haven’t seen addressed here that may help others who are having issues connecting their FordPass app. I was connecting via the wireless app projection and that apparently is what was holding me back. I went into settings in my bronco and turned it off and then it connected just fine.

bwilly68

Raptor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, Land Rover Defender
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They're a result of the same issue, yes. Basically the "Gateway Module" is a cellphone. Sometimes these modules get "stuck" for lack of a better term. The old saying turn it off and on applies here. Usually it only happens once then it works no issue from then on.

I would yes, start as fresh as possible.
I've been lurking this thread for a few days because ford pass stopped working for me jan 3rd after having my bronco for 2 weeks. No status updates on the app, connectivity absent. I tried a factory reset - no effect. Called ford pass customer service, they had me reset the system again, via touchscreen - no effect. They had me hold the audio power off and right seek buttons for 5 seconds which reset the head unit a different way - also no effect. Then they told me they still weren't seeing my truck in their system and I needed to take it in to the dealer so they could do a hard reset on the modem. I asked if there was a way to do it myself and was told no because "the dealer has to hook it up to a diagnostic device and erase the settings on the modem"

I instead used the advice on this thread and disconnected the negative battery terminal for about 10 minutes, pulled and replaced fuse #20 under the steering column. Once I fired everything back up it connected to Ford immediately and ford pass is up and running again. I got the 42000 points in my account within 15 min that I had also been waiting for since dec 21. Thanks to all on b6g that contributed to this discussion! You all saved me many hours of time and irritation had I gone and sat at the dealer to fix this problem.

JT01

Big Bend
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
FordPass was working for 30 days since I took delivery and activated. It stopped working yesterday...spent 30 min with tech support chat (modem still not online). They want me to wait 3 days (and if not working still) then go to dealer. I like remote lock/unlock among other features.
Sponsored