First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
FordPass was working for 30 days since I took delivery and activated. It stopped working yesterday...spent 30 min with tech support chat (modem still not online). They want me to wait 3 days (and if not working still) then go to dealer. I like remote lock/unlock among other features.
They told me that over a week ago, and still nothing. As suggested above, I’m going to disconnect the negative terminal tomorrow for 10 minutes and see if that helps.
Sponsored

bwilly68

Raptor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, Land Rover Defender
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So after I went through fordpass customer service; hard reset, pulling battery terminal on jan 6th the app lasted two weeks and stopped seeing my vehicle yesterday am. I had spent all morning downloading the app shortcuts for siri control of the fordpass from another thread only to have them not work. Then I discovered the app didn't work either - again.
I pulled the negative battery terminal for the second time this month. 10 minutes later I'm up and running again. I'm wondering if this is a software problem that I just need to be patient for a fix or if it's a hardware problem with the modem in my bronco. My sons bronco sport has worked without fail on fordpass since september...

Anyone get any feedback from ford yet on software vs hardware source of this issue?

samdogg87

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i chatted with ford about this and believe ive seen other ppl post about it as well but ford said this is a known software issue and the fix is coming in OTA update in february so until then all 23 broncos wont work with fordpass

bwilly68

Raptor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, Land Rover Defender
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
i chatted with ford about this and believe ive seen other ppl post about it as well but ford said this is a known software issue and the fix is coming in OTA update in february so until then all 23 broncos wont work with fordpass
thanks for the answer. I'll keep my fingers crossed for an OTA fix. These functions aren't strictly necessary but the on again off again issues are frustrating.

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the information…probably saved me a few hours of troubleshooting as well. Can’t get FordPass to do any of the functions to Lock/Unlock/Start or show current Status…apparently this might be the reason. Ford loves to test the patience of it’s customers…before and after you get your vehicle.

Sponsored

Alvis007

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2023
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi,
I was told the same. Probably bs.
In the meantime, when this happens, I find it less work to just pull out the modem fuse #20 for a couple of minutes and put it back in. You’ll need fuse tweezer because they are tight. No need to disconnect the battery every time.

tblock

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have an open recall for Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM) will not update ota. Took to dealer had for 2 days to find out there is a service bulletin that the "fix" from dealer does not work!

Engineers are working on a fix... hopefully when i take in on the 20th for windshield recall they will have a fix !
Sponsored