Sponsored

Ford Performance bead lock ring - Real World review?

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not my intent, just saying
you're saying something you cannot back up.
that would require looking into the laws of (at least) every state. looking for prior cases (in each state) for precedence. interpreting the law and arguments and guessing how a judge would rule (in each jurisdiction).

the argument has been rehashed on the internet a lot. I won't continue here past this post.
Sponsored

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep in mind that the BL wheels are 8” wide (Sas 8.5”) and offset is also different. BL is 55mm offset, Sas is 30mm.
Good point. FYI, the optional BL wheels were only offered a short time, I think through 22. I know my 23 didn’t have that choice.

I have a non-SAS BL and plan to pick up some SAS takeoffs, sell my non-SAS wheels, buy the functional locks and sell the beauty rings. If things go my way I will have $500 or less in them once I’m done. My company pays for the rubber so $0 on that side. 😎

$1100+ for a set of 5 from FP is ridiculous.
Check Lethal or CJ’s. Both around the $800 mark and CJ’s has an 8% off email offer making them slightly lower after discount.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...ng-kit-set-of-5-bronco-2021-2023/p/M1021KBL5/

https://www.lethalperformance.com/f...2021-2024-bronco-2022-2024-bronco-raptor.html

Ford Bronco Ford Performance bead lock ring - Real World review? IMG_0453

Reactions: LCW

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I decided to go with the ICON Recon Pro 17”, only beadlocks approved for full time use, look great with K03’s on them.
I don’t care for the aesthetics of the Recon wheel myself. I do like their Rebound Pro though and have considered them. Many of the guys running them have good things to say about their innerlock system

The Recons do give you the removable and replaceable rings and so far is the only ICON wheel that does. Granted they’re plastic/HDPE.

Also both wheels can be had with 25mm offset and 95.1 bores. Which strikes me odd as our Broncos have 93.1 bore hubs.

While there are some things I still like about the Rebound Pros, I think the SAS is the direction I’m leaning. Obviously YMMV.

Last edited:

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition