Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune-How will a Ford Tech Know?

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had the Ford Performance upgrade installed on my 2.3 22OBX 3 months ago by a Ford Dealer. Not my dealer because the tune had to be installed by an ASE certified tech and my dealer wasn’t approved for this. So I take my Bronco in for an oil change and tire rotation. About 45 minutes later the service advisor says I am good to go and oh by the way the tech saw that I need a PCM update and so he did it as well. Dummy me gets in the vehicle and I realize as soon as I leave the dealer that my performance tune is gone. It’s that obvious. I turn around and have a long conversation with the service manager. Bottom line is they made it right. But my question is especially for those who did the tune themselves how will any service tech know you have the tune ?? Obviously plugging into the port didn’t tell the tech and it wasn’t in the Ford system tied to my VIN. Is there a sticker that should be put near the port indicating a tune ? So how would anyone know? I’m open for constructive suggestions. Ford Motor Company are you reading this ??
Sponsored

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I revert to stock every time I go to the dealer for service or recalls.

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I had the Ford Performance upgrade installed on my 2.3 22OBX 3 months ago by a Ford Dealer. Not my dealer because the tune had to be installed by an ASE certified tech and my dealer wasn’t approved for this. So I take my Bronco in for an oil change and tire rotation. About 45 minutes later the service advisor says I am good to go and oh by the way the tech saw that I need a PCM update and so he did it as well. Dummy me gets in the vehicle and I realize as soon as I leave the dealer that my performance tune is gone. It’s that obvious. I turn around and have a long conversation with the service manager. Bottom line is they made it right. But my question is especially for those who did the tune themselves how will any service tech know you have the tune ?? Obviously plugging into the port didn’t tell the tech and it wasn’t in the Ford system tied to my VIN. Is there a sticker that should be put near the port indicating a tune ? So how would anyone know? I’m open for constructive suggestions. Ford Motor Company are you reading this ??
Dealer that installed mine put a Ford Performance tune label under the hood so obvious to see.

Sponsored

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Easy. Just turn off ASS then restart vehicle. Does it stay off. Its an easy indicator you have the ford calibration.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dealer that installed mine put a Ford Performance tune label under the hood so obvious to see.
Yep - same here. You can also note that the tune is installed when you bring the car in…

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's easy enough to re-install the tune over any reflash the dealer may have done. I have had to do that a couple times now (not because of the dealership, but because I wanted to know how to do it, and reflashed myself w/FDRS)

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I revert to stock every time I go to the dealer for service or recalls.
Not I said the fly. They dont care, never heard either dealer I go to say anything, sadly not even nice mods xD
Sponsored