Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
For those who have purchased the Ford Proscan factory tune from Lethal Performance and others please be aware that it will not work on 2023 models. The tune is not CARB approved and FORd can give no timeline as to when it will become CARB approved other than several months. The VIN file in the until does not match anything from FORD so it will not load on your vehicle. I have a $600 tune from Ford that may be garbage.
Sponsored

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For those who have purchased the Ford Proscan factory tune from Lethal Performance and others please be aware that it will not work on 2023 models. The tune is not CARB approved and FORd can give no timeline as to when it will become CARB approved other than several months. The VIN file in the until does not match anything from FORD so it will not load on your vehicle. I have a $600 tune from Ford that may be garbage.
2022 is not CARB approved and still worked. That seems odd - who mentioned this?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's not garbage, the tune just isn't available yet. Wait until Ford releases the tune for 2023 and it will work perfectly fine.

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's not garbage, the tune just isn't available yet. Wait until for releases the tune for 2023 and it will work perfectly fine.
This was my thought too - if 2023 isn't fully released yet, then that's why it wouldn't work but i never looked into..

Fred

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went to Gaudin Ford on Tuesday to ask about the tune for my 2.7. Was told they would order it in, expect a week. Next morning I received this from them:
“Good morning. So my parts team called ford performance this morning and they said the calibrations are not available for the 2023 models yet. Said could still be between 2-6 months so we cannot place the order just yet for it.”

Sponsored

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was my thought too - if 2023 isn't fully released yet, then that's why it wouldn't work but i never looked into..
You have a MY '22 and FPP tune worked? I thought even that was not yet approved?

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes I do. I had it first week out pre-ordered and installed flawlessly once they had out the initial firmware fix. It's not as if our cars know where we're located... 😉

OP
OP

BT!

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
The Ford performance software engineer

2022 is not CARB approved and still worked. That seems odd - who mentioned this?
T

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Ford performance software engineer

T
Hmm - given they released 2022 without CARB approval, that does seem odd they would wait here, unless there's a regulation/stipulation that is new for this year.

Was that feedback given through Lethal Performance? they seem to have a good contact there for updates.

OP
OP

BT!

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Proscan tuning box has a list of saved enabeled VIN numbers. If a VIN number is missing the executable on the Proscan box will not execute. The person who is repsonsible for updating the units at Ford told me directly that no 2023 VIN's have been enabeled on the proscan devices. Make sense ?

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I know lethal performance has put out multiple times that it wouldn't work for '23s yet. It'll happen, hopefully by mid year when I should finally be in mine.

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Proscan tuning box has a list of saved enabeled VIN numbers. If a VIN number is missing the executable on the Proscan box will not execute. The person who is repsonsible for updating the units at Ford told me directly that no 2023 VIN's have been enabeled on the proscan devices. Make sense ?
Of course that makes sense, however not releasing due for ALL 2023 vehicles due to CARB would not which is what you stated. It sounds like overall the tunes are not ready for 2023 and are noted on the Lethal Performance website as such.

Were you given different information that 2023 tunes were available?

OP
OP

BT!

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yea, its the government and apprently APR does not even offer a stage 2 tune any longer. My understnading from SEMA is there is ageneral crackdown on go fast parts. I'm not holding my breath.

OP
OP

BT!

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
okay I mean I would not put it past Ford to lie directly to a customer but what they told me was "No 2023 VINS have been added to any Proscan devices becasue we do not have approval from CARB yet. The tunes have been submitted to CARB for approval but we are unaware as to when that approval may occur" Does that clarify ?

Of course that makes sense, however not releasing due for ALL 2023 vehicles due to CARB would not which is what you stated. It sounds like overall the tunes are not ready for 2023 and are noted on the Lethal Performance website as such.

Were you given different information that 2023 tunes were available?

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yea, its the government and apprently APR does not even offer a stage 2 tune any longer. My understnading from SEMA is there is ageneral crackdown on go fast parts. I'm not holding my breath.
Hopefully the tune is sorted and released soon for you. given it is OEM, much better chance to happen anyway. I'm sure it is still being tested before release which is the hold up.
Sponsored