First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Now that we know Ford has decided to hold already built MIC top Broncos until at least October it’s clear customer satisfaction is not the true driver but instead cost savings. Otherwise, they’d deliver at least customer orders and have the dealers replace the top at a later date like for orders that have already shipped. Clearly Ford is trying to save on shipping and dealer tech labor time. It’s time we put whatever pressure we can on the Ford executives via social media and through our respective dealers.

It’s clear Ford Quality is no longer Job 1, the customer definitely isn’t #1, just protecting as much of the bottom line because of their colossal mistake is.
Sponsored

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Now that we know Ford has decided to hold already built MIC top Broncos until at least October it’s clear customer satisfaction is not the true driver but instead cost savings. Otherwise, they’d deliver at least customer orders and have the dealers replace the top at a later date like for orders that have already shipped. Clearly Ford is trying to save on shipping and dealer tech labor time. It’s time we put whatever pressure we can on the Ford executives via social media and through our respective dealers.

It’s clear Ford Quality is no longer Job 1, the customer definitely isn’t #1, just protecting as much of the bottom line because of their colossal mistake is.
Ok.. so am I understanding this correctly.. my 2 dr BB had a blend date of 7/20 I was told it was completed 7/21.. so they are going to hold it there until new roof is installed and I'm looking at October?

Sponsored

Mikesmallcrawler21

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So they are gonna replace all hard tops that were built through August....,parked, shipped or delivered, but they don't care about QUALITY????

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In addition to cost savings, I'm thinking that Ford doesn't want a bunch more defective tops out in the wild for owners and prospective buyers or competition to find problems with. Looks bad for them to have brand new vehicles on the road with these types of problems.

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In addition to cost savings, I'm thinking that Ford doesn't want a bunch more defective tops out in the wild for owners and prospective buyers or competition to find problems with. Looks bad for them to have brand new vehicles on the road with these types of problems.
The shipping on 2K plus MIC tops would be enormous.

OP
OP
LIKEABOSS

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There are already MIC top Broncos that have shipped so that Bronco concern has already left the barn.

Sponsored

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Totally agree.

They'd rather our badbatchbroncos sit on site for 3-6 more months to have a top replaced rather than have to pay for shipping on the new top delivered to customers in a few months.

Meanwhile thousands of us sit Bronco-less for those months.

Hell, at this point I'd PAY for the extra shipping for the new roof when available. Just send me my Bronco NOW.

OP
OP
LIKEABOSS

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So they are gonna replace all hard tops that were built through August....,parked, shipped or delivered, but they don't care about QUALITY????
Ford is continuing to struggle on initial quality with new vehicle launches. It’s like they’ve learned nothing from the Explorer and Aviator launch…

Liability if released
They indicated the MIC top issue is cosmetic not structural so there should be no liability issue.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Liability if released…can you even phantom all the lawsuits? “My blinker fluid was low so i crashed due to a defective MIC top”
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.