First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '20 Trail Boss, '18 Triumph Tiger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A lot of you have probably seen on the blog where someone starts a thread about a mechanical issue they are having and a response pops up from Ford Social Media Team stating "send us your VIN and contact info and we'll look into to it for you". You instantly think oh wow they're going to help me! After replying to a post regarding the A/C performance fading drastically after driving the Bronc for a while (which seems to be a pretty common issue) I received one of these Ford "Support" messages. After providing the VIN # and personal info regarding the vehicle owner and my "relationship" to the vehicle owner I'm thinking they are going to contact my dealer and get me some help. Instead after a few days this is what I receive:

"We recommend that your vehicle be inspected by a Ford/Lincoln dealership to determine the cause of any symptoms your vehicle may be experiencing. Your local Ford/Lincoln dealership has factory-trained technicians, the most current engineering service information, and the specialized equipment required to resolve your vehicle concerns. If there is no coverage under applicable warranties, recalls, or ESPs, repairs and services would be your responsibility. Your next step is to make an appointment with Southwest Ford to have your vehicle diagnosed.

Julia
Ford Social Media Team "

No S#!t Sherlock! Why didn't I think of that. Problem is like most have noted, the dealerships want you to bring the vehicle in and let it sit on their dang lot for an undetermined amount of time before they even look at it, and there are no loaner cars available even though I paid for an extended warranty with LOANER CAR protection. Don't waste your time replying to one of these messages.
Go Ford!
Sponsored

The_Viking

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I took mine in for that very same issue....after driving about an hour there is no air coming out of the vents with the fan on 7.....they did drive the car for 32 miles after letting it run for an hour at the dealer to warm it up but couldn't recreate the issue...It only occurs after about an hour or so...so they told me to bring it back in while its acting up and they will look at it immediately. They had the car for two days, and yes...no loaners available, but Ford called me and told me I can get a rental and they would pay under the BB protection and to let them know if the dealer didn't facilitate this going forward

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But, but, they care.... lol. **sarcasm**

Oh another thing I hear, "At least there's a factory presence here!" It's a bot guys, just like all the dealership instant messaging services. They are all named Alexis or Jennifer and ask for your name after you've given it 3 times. :LOL:

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The same or similar issue happens on our Rubicon and has been reported on the Jeep forums as well. For us if we stop, kill the engine. Do the Indian fire drill and then AC starts working again. (at least for another 100 miles).

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Great post. Screw the bots. I haven't had a direct reply or interaction with one, but regardless this sucks. No one wants to read posts from a bot. No one wants fake personalized help. Total feel good BS and it's back firing. Let's all down vote every dumb post and report them to the admins. Maybe the admins will implement a no bots policy. I'll ping them by reporting this post. Thanks for drawing our attention to this OP.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It's a vetted account and not a bot. If you don't find their communications helpful, then simply ignore and move on.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.