Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello all
I been using the ford navigation system for couple months but I notice that traffic is not accurate, sometimes it shows no traffic where is a lot of traffic it causes incorrect routes during setup

I checked same routes at same time with google and Apple map and they show accurate traffic

Any ideas on how to upgrade ford nav system or any thoughts
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s (probably) a limitation of Ford’s navigation provider, which I believe is a company called Telenav (but don’t quote me on that).

I suspect those limitations is one of the many reasons why Ford is abandoning Sync in favor an Android-based solution in the future.

Last edited:

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@RagnarKon will ford do an OTA update for us all or would we have gto go to the dealership to have it updated. Once it comes out of course.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@RagnarKon will ford do an OTA update for us all or would we have gto go to the dealership to have it updated. Once it comes out of course.
I would absolutely not expect an upgrade path for existing Bronco owners.

So far only two Ford vehicles have the new Android-based system: the new 2025 Explorer and the new Lincoln Nautilus. And there is no upgrade path for existing Explorer/Nautilus owners.

The Bronco will probably keep the Sync-based system until the 7th generation. Which should be released around 2028-2030 (ish). There is a chance they switch over during a mid-generation refresh rather than waiting for the 7th gen, but I would be surprised if they did that.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sponsored

Maximilian

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would absolutely not expect an upgrade path for existing Bronco owners.

So far only two Ford vehicles have the new Android-based system: the new 2025 Explorer and the new Lincoln Nautilus. And there is no upgrade path for existing Explorer/Nautilus owners.

The Bronco will probably keep the Sync-based system until the 7th generation. Which should be released around 2028-2030 (ish). There is a chance they switch over during a mid-generation refresh rather than waiting for the 7th gen, but I would be surprised if they did that.
Thank you for the information
Sponsored