First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think that is what most people are leery of, that insurance companies might get involved. If you read through the agreement information, you will see that it states that your driving habits can be given to government entities without your knowledge. I don't really know what that means unless it is a reference to prosecution in the event of an automobile accident.
Right? Like how fast I might’ve been going, if I was swerving in and out of lanes
 Etc. not that I do that but I do have a tendency for a heavy foot when I can break it open on the interstate lol (not like the people who go by you and you’re 100% sure you’re going to see him up the road with a cop behind him pulled over but just going fast every once in a while!) and that’s none of ford’s business. I don’t remote start my car because of safety concerns, and I don’t like unlock all my doors when I click the button on my remote. Basically I throw my remote in my purse and go so I never use it anyways So I’m just not sure why I need FordPass. I don’t really care about the points either
 Obviously since I never actually used it on any of my previous vehicles. So if anyone knows a true benefit as to why I should have it, please let me know!
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think that is what most people are leery of, that insurance companies might get involved. If you read through the agreement information, you will see that it states that your driving habits can be given to government entities without your knowledge. I don't really know what that means unless it is a reference to prosecution in the event of an automobile accident.
not too worried I basically live on a public race track, my driving habits if shared would ban me from ever getting insurance. There are some cool stories when your car calls 911 when on a race track lol

OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Right? Like how fast I might’ve been going, if I was swerving in and out of lanes
 Etc. not that I do that but I do have a tendency for a heavy foot when I can break it open on the interstate lol (not like the people who go by you and you’re 100% sure you’re going to see him up the road with a cop behind him pulled over but just going fast every once in a while!) and that’s none of ford’s business. I don’t remote start my car because of safety concerns, and I don’t like unlock all my doors when I click the button on my remote. Basically I throw my remote in my purse and go so I never use it anyways So I’m just not sure why I need FordPass. I don’t really care about the points either
 Obviously since I never actually used it on any of my previous vehicles. So if anyone knows a true benefit as to why I should have it, please let me know!
All great points. I guess I'm looking at this from the other angle. I enjoy using Fordpass and find it helpful, so, I'm looking for someone to tell why I shouldn't use it (beyond marketing purposes). Is there an inherent danger or nefarious reason not to click on the agreement?

fpGT350

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Viper RT/10; 09 AMG C63; 18 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is nothing to hide about how we drive our bronco. Ford might become pissed that we never take it off road. I wouldn’t have this in a sports car however 😎

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The amount of paranoia is astounding. If you have a cellphone, ‘big brother’ knows where you are, who you’re near and anything else.

Sponsored

Notmattwong

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s 100% only if you got into an accident where speed may have been a factor. Nobody is getting paid to call the cops on you or ding your insurance for crappy driving. Think of the Henry Ruggs car accident recently. They knew how fast he was going at the moment of impact because of data collection. Doubt anybody at Chevy was notified he was speeding to report him to the authorities.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Phones record everything. Check your maps. I always see random r
not too worried I basically live on a public race track, my driving habits if shared would ban me from ever getting insurance. There are some cool stories when your car calls 911 when on a race track lol
Same here. Wouldn’t make it til noon with one of those readers in my cars. Not to worried about the bronco. Barley fast enough to get out of its own way.

Sponsored

Mike_D

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4D Bronco BD, '23 2D Bronco Base Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No thanks. They can keep their $200 in money at the company store. They are making way more than that by selling your info.

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The amount of paranoia is astounding. If you have a cellphone, ‘big brother’ knows where you are, who you’re near and anything else.
It’s NOT paranoia. I stated that I am aware that owning a cell phone opens me up to being tracked but I also said I have a vpn and limit what apps can track on each one MANUALLY. The point being, freedom is taken away in drips and drabs not all at once and if you give your personal and any other information away, you are a commodity..money in the bank. So I choose to investigate who I give this info to. There’s nothing paranoid about that and if you want to be a SIMS character that’s your right. I merely wanted to point out how ford pass is already pinging me thst I have not give them full access to my movements. It even wants access to my Motion and Fitness data
if you want to give that to Ford feel free.

Last edited:

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No thanks. They can keep their $200 in money at the company store. They are making way more than that by selling your info.
Thanks Mike. You sealed the deal for me. Deleting that damn app right now! 😍😂

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe there are 2 levels, say yes in Fordpass, then in the Bronco, make your selections, turning OFF those you dont want shared.

Mike_D

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4D Bronco BD, '23 2D Bronco Base Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe there are 2 levels, say yes in Fordpass, then in the Bronco, make your selections, turning OFF those you dont want shared.
I've heard this works. But after seeing how well Ford does all things IT, I wouldn't be too sure it isn't shared anyways. How would you know?

Since I've never installed it, I get an email asking me to download it periodically.
Sponsored