Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro ZL1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I apologize if this has been asked but I did a search and was unable to find the answer. FordPass is a neat feature and I have been utilizing the securialert and scheduled start features. My concern is how secure is the app itself? There does not seem to be any 2FA when logging into your FordPass account so whatā€™s preventing someone from hacking your FordPass account details (or worse a data leak on Fordā€™s part), logging in as you and being able to track, unlock and remote start your car (I know you still need the fob to drive off but you get the point)?
Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, all thieves need to do these days is to clone the radio signal that the fob gives off. The tech has been around to do that for many years. Take a deep breath and just enjoy your bronco.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There likely isn't any. As with anything important, ensure you're using a unique/strong password for FordPass and if you're concerned it might be compromised, change it often.

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco, ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2FA is that you have press a button on the vehicle dash. You also get an email anytime a vehicle is activated using your email.

OP
OP
Bcol2012

Bcol2012

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro ZL1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, all thieves need to do these days is to clone the radio signal that the fob gives off. The tech has been around to do that for many years. Take a deep breath and just enjoy your bronco.
Yes I agree that has been around for a while but you can at least keep your key in a faraday or RFID blocking key box when at home. They even have ones for your pocket. Iā€™m just curious since we live in a day and age where hacking is becoming more and more prevalent.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bcol2012

Bcol2012

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro ZL1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2FA is that you have press a button on the vehicle dash. You also get an email anytime a vehicle is activated using your email.
Yes that is the process when initially connecting your FordPass account with your vehicle. However what I am referring to is once this is done. Once you have connected your account to a vehicle the only thing you need to do is login to your account and all the vehicles you have legitimately activated on that account are there and controllable. If someone hacks your account in which you already have a vehicle activated they could control it. I guess the question is can one account be logged in on two separate devices at the same time. Iā€™m also suprised Ford does not have 2FA when logging into your FordPass account (just when logging in after being signed out not everytime you want to control a feature like I have seen suggested elsewhere).

OP
OP
Bcol2012

Bcol2012

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro ZL1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There likely isn't any. As with anything important, ensure you're using a unique/strong password for FordPass and if you're concerned it might be compromised, change it often.
This is looking more and more like the answer.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a PSA, I encourage everyone to thoroughly read the terms and conditions tied to FordPass before signing up. IMO, you give up far more than you receive.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree, everything should have 2fa. You ain't wrong

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco, ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes that is the process when initially connecting your FordPass account with your vehicle. However what I am referring to is once this is done. Once you have connected your account to a vehicle the only thing you need to do is login to your account and all the vehicles you have legitimately activated on that account are there and controllable. If someone hacks your account in which you already have a vehicle activated they could control it. I guess the question is can one account be logged in on two separate devices at the same time. Iā€™m also suprised Ford does not have 2FA when logging into your FordPass account (just when logging in after being signed out not everytime you want to control a feature like I have seen suggested elsewhere).
Oh gotcha. Yeah, Iā€™ll have to experiment. They used to have a 4 digit PIN that you input when logging in but Iā€™m guessing someone reasonable pointed out that a 4 digit numeric PIN can be hacked in seconds, along with the fact that anyone capable of accessing your login info and trying to steal the vehicle would just clone the key fob.

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco, ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a PSA, I encourage everyone to thoroughly read the terms and conditions tied to FordPass before signing up. IMO, you give up far more than you receive.
Agreed. Iā€™d also encourage everyone to call Ford and take the time to request they donā€™t sell your information under the California Consumer Privacy Act. They will honor it even if you live outside of California, you just have to do a little convincing when they push back.

Hereā€™s the page https://www.ford.com/help/privacy/ccpa/?ccpatype=donotsellmypi with info on how to do it.
Sponsored