Sponsored

FordPass Not Available In Middle East/Kuwait?

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As the title says, FordPass isn't available here (Google Play), and I'd like to have more cheesy gimmicks for my Bronco.

I could probably just turn my VPN on or find the apk file somewhere, but I'd like to know if there'd be any region lock issues beforehand.

It'd also be nice to know why it isn't available. Would be a fun lil' marketing scheme. ("Pre-cool your Bronco from your phone!")
Sponsored

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I worked at GM in OnStar IT, I was part of the group developing releasing OnStar in new regions. One of the biggest set backs was getting carriers onboard in other countries and my guess it’s nothing technical Ford simply doesn’t have a carrier to talk to the vehicle.

OP
OP
MEAT_GOD

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When I worked at GM in OnStar IT, I was part of the group developing releasing OnStar in new regions. One of the biggest set backs was getting carriers onboard in other countries and my guess it’s nothing technical Ford simply doesn’t have a carrier to talk to the vehicle.
Fair enough, thanks for the clarification!

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Off topic: how many Broncos are in Kuwait? I've seen a total of 1 the out of the 6 months I've been out there.

OP
OP
MEAT_GOD

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Off topic: how many Broncos are in Kuwait? I've seen a total of 1 the out of the 6 months I've been out there.
Loads. They're far outselling Wranglers right now, and you can kinda spot them rather frequently if you're within the city. Most of them are 2-door Big Bends, too.

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Loads. They're far outselling Wranglers right now, and you can kinda spot them rather frequently if you're within the city. Most of them are 2-door Big Bends, too.
Thats awesome! When I saw one on the road I had to do a triple take. For some reason I just didn't expect to see any here. I'm itching to get back home to drive mine again.
Sponsored