Agrod

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As the title says, I'm missing a bunch of modules from the list (IPC, APIM, etc). I'm using the latest available BETA with the temporary license in Windows 11 with the OHP ELMconfig adapter. I have tried changing the switch position, but it only seems to work in one position. I was able to disable the Double-Honk and Auto-Stop, but can't disable the Triple dings or get window global close to work since I can't get into the other modules.

This is what I see (that's the full molule list btw):
Ford Bronco Forscan: Missing a bunch of modules Screenshot_1

I took this screenshot from another post in this forum that shows the IPC module in the list:
Ford Bronco Forscan: Missing a bunch of modules ipc_module

I do see this message saying that the adapter is NOT recommended, but wonder if most adapters show this message (other than the OBDLINK EX they sell, of course):
Ford Bronco Forscan: Missing a bunch of modules Screenshot_2

I'm using an OHP ELMconfig adaptor that I got off Amazon that was recommended in a YouTube video:
Ford Bronco Forscan: Missing a bunch of modules Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 8.40.30 PM

Please let me know if you have the OHP ELMconfig adapter or if you have similar issue with another adapter. I don't want to drop another $60 on an OBDLINK EX just to find out it was because of something else...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Agrod

Agrod

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Huh. Following up to my own post. I saw the vid again and the guy says that the engine must be running and that he had to switch from HS to MS to see all the modules. I’ll give it another shot over the weekend. This wouldn’t be an issue on an adapter that has the auto switch function as the OBDLINK EX.

1fast04neon

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC AT4/ Badlands/ Ford edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did u ever figure this out? I’m having the same issue but I am using the obdlinkEX and still get the exact same modules that u are getting. I’m looking for the audio control module to fix the back speakers after installing 6.5s

OP
OP
Agrod

Agrod

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No. I haven’t found a way to list all the modules. Do you get the same message indicating that the adapter is not supported??

Where did you purchase the Obdlinkex from?

I got the fog light switch and I haven’t been able to change the config to enabled.

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the engine running? I’ve heard from one source that said they don’t see all the modules unless the engine is running.

Sponsored

1fast04neon

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought mine on Amazon. Same one that forscan recommended. I have not had the car running only in accessory position, I got that message with my other connector but not with the obdlinkEX connector. I tried version 49 and version 53 of forscan.

1fast04neon

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I’ve tried with engine running, engine in accessory only, starting while connected. And I only get those same modules. This is driving me crazy. My free access is gonna expire before I get these speakers working. Pics of my screens attached Incase anyone sees anything I have messed up.

2B22F687-BAC6-4B31-8728-213169D1B7D3.jpeg

547D1E66-8149-424E-ABE3-60035642EEA1.jpeg

10ACDC53-32FB-47E7-B80C-2A4DC64A4AED.jpeg

3B03F0EC-3FF3-42AB-9269-69A48421D658.jpeg

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if it's the connector? I ordered this one, still have not tried to make forscan changes yet. Did you get the same one?
OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter

OP
OP
Agrod

Agrod

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My same exact issue. Yesterday, I checked again with the engine running and saw just those same modules that you listed. I toggled the DEBUG mode to off, but the same modules were seen. I'm still unable to enable global window up, enable the fog light switch and disable the triple ding on startup.

You don't get the message with the OBDLINK EX that I get with the OHP, indicating that the adapter is not recommended for the vehicle. But you're still not able to see the rest of the modules.

This other thread says that he had the same issue on Win11, but not on Win10. I don't have a Win10 laptop available to test.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been attempting to help @1fast04neon with this issue on the side without much success. Personally never seen this issue before, and I cannot reproduce it on my end—tried with three different adaptors (including an OBDLink EX) and four different laptops... one Windows 7, two Windows 10, and a Windows 11. Zero issues on any of them.

I did some searching though and looks like @Jpez1127 also encountered the issue. His solution? Use a different laptop. 🤷‍♂️

Assuming @1fast04neon is in eastern New York, we are probably close enough to each other that we could meet at some point to get it done. But would be nice to get it solved for sure.

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been attempting to help @1fast04neon with this issue on the side without much success. Personally never seen this issue before, and I cannot reproduce it on my end—tried with three different adaptors (including an OBDLink EX) and four different laptops... one Windows 7, two Windows 10, and a Windows 11. Zero issues on any of them.

I did some searching though and looks like @Jpez1127 also encountered the issue. His solution? Use a different laptop. 🤷‍♂️

Assuming @1fast04neon is in eastern New York, we are probably close enough to each other that we could meet at some point to get it done. But would be nice to get it solved for sure.
@RagnarKon to the rescue #respect!!!

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I noticed that the Bronco uses a different architecture than older Fords. Previously, the obdii port was connected directly to hs1-can and ms-can (also hs3-can on cgea 1.2 vehicles).

With the Bronco and probably other newer Fords, the obdii port is now a unique "diagnostic" line to the gateway module. I tried reading raw messages and it just sends a heartbeat every second until a valid diagnostic reader wakes it up.

*That said*, cheaper adapters might not interface with this new method properly.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed that the Bronco uses a different architecture than older Fords. Previously, the obdii port was connected directly to hs1-can and ms-can (also hs3-can on cgea 1.2 vehicles).

With the Bronco and probably other newer Fords, the obdii port is now a unique "diagnostic" line to the gateway module. I tried reading raw messages and it just sends a heartbeat every second until a valid diagnostic reader wakes it up.

*That said*, cheaper adapters might not interface with this new method properly.
Yeah they changed how it all works starting in 2019-ish, and I think just about all of their vehicles use the new method now. The gateway module is now effectively the gatekeeper to all of the CAN networks (6 total on the Bronco), and Ford seems to block access to some of those networks using some magic in the gateway module.

Haven't messed around with it too much so definitely not the best source of info, but yeah... it's different for sure.

1fast04neon

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@RagnarKon is the man!! Been awesome with all his help!! So much knowledge !!! I have no doubt he’ll help us solve this issue.

Binky

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on the day
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Adding to the fun, I just attempted to connect to my neighbors 2022 Bronco and only get a handful of modules. YET, I can walk over to my 2021 Bronco with an empty profile on the laptop and it reads all of the modules just fine.

Also connected to my wife's 2020 Exploder and was able to see all modules.

Did Ford change something from 2021 to now? I'm not running the latest ForScan so that may be it too.

BTW, also using the recommended OBDLINK EX
Sponsored