First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Husband’s vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anybody know what is the part number for fox shocks that work for an outer banks? I have a family member who will make them for me, just need the part number/ correct shock name.
Sponsored

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a family member who will make them for me, just need the part number/ correct shock name.
Their set up will be vehicle specific. Quite a few custom parts to make it fit correctly.
Call Camburg Engineering , as they have them as "Pre-Order".

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anybody know what is the part number for fox shocks that work for an outer banks? I have a family member who will make them for me, just need the part number/ correct shock name.
Kristian, @Evolkidbell is correct. There are multiple shock and spring combinations for Bronco, depending on choices of trim, number of doors, front vs. rear, and suspension package.

@North7 did a comprehensive write-up that provides much of the details. Here is a relevant table from his thread…

Ford Bronco Fox shock part number for Outer Banks? A4AC6ECE-EEB3-4A9F-A1E3-A165588D708D

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

OP
OP
Kmonty

Kmonty

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Husband’s vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Their set up will be vehicle specific. Quite a few custom parts to make it fit correctly.
Call Camburg Engineering , as they have them as "Pre-Order".
The family member makes custom shocks for a living, and he just needs the specks so he can set up his rig. Thank you though! ☺

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kmonty

Kmonty

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Husband’s vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fox does not have any part numbers listed yet, expect them to be released between now and spring.

https://www.ridefox.com/subhome.php?m=truck&year=2021&make=Ford
Kristian, @Evolkidbell is correct. There are multiple shock and spring combinations for Bronco, depending on choices of trim, number of doors, front vs. rear, and suspension package.

@North7 did a comprehensive write-up that provides much of the details. Here is a relevant table from his thread…

Ford Bronco Fox shock part number for Outer Banks? A4AC6ECE-EEB3-4A9F-A1E3-A165588D708D
Thank you!!!

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The family member makes custom shocks for a living, and he just needs the specks so he can set up his rig. Thank you though! ☺
I used to design aftermarket shock kits for vehicles.
You may be able to find pin-to-pin numbers online, maybe spring rates as well.
But that would only be a small fraction of what is needed to integrate a non-OEM shock absorber.
Even if something fits, there's a lot of trial and error in tuning the valving and springs rates.
If your family member makes custom shocks for a living, this should be already known.

If they're making a custom set up, start by pulling the OEM units off and fit something up and see what does, and doesn't work.

Noissuefound

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I used to design aftermarket shock kits for vehicles.
You may be able to find pin-to-pin numbers online, maybe spring rates as well.
But that would only be a small fraction of what is needed to integrate a non-OEM shock absorber.
Even if something fits, there's a lot of trial and error in tuning the valving and springs rates.
If your family member makes custom shocks for a living, this should be already known.

If they're making a custom set up, start by pulling the OEM units off and fit something up and see what does, and doesn't work.
You are correct but if that person has access to components from Fox and information from them then it’s a different story. All they would need are the part numbers of the shocks.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are correct but if that person has access to components from Fox and information from them then it’s a different story. All they would need are the part numbers of the shocks.
Right. From a PN, you may get a Pin-to-pin. Fox usually doesn't give out spring rates, valving, or end mounting conditions. They don't even give this data to their customers/distributors either.

You would need to buy a set and reverse engineer that type of data. Or reverse it from the OEM unit.
Sponsored