First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sasquatch 4 Door, Jeep JLUR, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
What are the maintenance intervals like on the Fox and Kings? Is one easier to service? Is one cheaper to service? Which is considered more reliable?
Reliability/Duarbility is discussed in this article:
https://accutuneoffroad.com/fox-shocks-vs-king-shocks-ford-bronco/

There are no specific maintenance intervals, since that would depend on use and abuse. Top tier race teams will get shocks rebuilt after every race. Most average users can expect to get upwards of 50k miles before needing service/rebuilds. Cost for basic rebuilds are about the same from us. We do offer 25% off labor on rebuilds if you do buy the shocks from us. These specific shocks are still pretty new so we have yet to get a set in for service/rebuild. Both are pretty time consuming to take apart to be honest. Spring removal, bar pins etc.
Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've never done a suspension upgrade but will probably persue one with the Bronco. Are these kits doable by your average Joe in their driveway or garage? It seems like it would be realivley plug and play since the parts would be direct replacements.

OP
OP
AccuTune Offroad

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sasquatch 4 Door, Jeep JLUR, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've never done a suspension upgrade but will probably persue one with the Bronco. Are these kits doable by your average Joe in their driveway or garage? It seems like it would be realivley plug and play since the parts would be direct replacements.
If you are mechanically savvy with the right tools, very doable. Just need to get an alignment afterwards.

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Like you I have HOSS 3.0 , same mileage, and love the FOx 2.5's even after really putting them through their paces, but............the hidden winch dipped the front end and I beat the shit out of the winch in Baja. to were it didnt work.......added the 37's and well now its a slippery slope of kinda needing the lift and wanting all the handling if not more so... and I really want to do it correctly an go faster in Baja next time......

Just ordered some Tuned Kings from Accutune last night.
So the 37s, are they rubbing anywhere on the wheel well?
I want to add a winch to my WT, but I'm hesitant 'cause the extra weight means modifying the suspension and to be honest I want to enjoy it for a while as is before I start making any mods.

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So the 37s, are they rubbing anywhere on the wheel well?
I want to add a winch to my WT, but I'm hesitant 'cause the extra weight means modifying the suspension and to be honest I want to enjoy it for a while as is before I start making any mods.
Yes, it's minor but it does touch the inside wheel well. Since adding the 1.4" spacer to the O offset wheels you have to fully crank the wheel to make any contact. You can just barely make out a rub spot on the left wheel well above where the mud flap might mount. That that was made prior to the spacers.

Ford Bronco Fox vs King: Which Shocks For Your Bronco? 20230722_132657

Sponsored

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm running Kings 2.5s on my basesquatch with -12mm offset wheels on 37s. No rub but the CV angles SUCK! Something to consider. Oh yeah, Kings in the front are on the lowest setting and that's still higher than SAS. I've already overextended my driver side CV and had to replace. Patiently waiting for ACFAB's diff drop to drop.

Last edited: