Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Correct, caught us off guard too when we got our first batch in. Even had to modify our images to look the part ;)
When you replace the rear spring on the Fox's, do you replace with a progressive?
Sponsored

OP
OP
AccuTune Offroad

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sasquatch 4 Door, Jeep JLUR, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base

4XMORE

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I agree with everything you said for off the shelf products. This analysis will be really helpfully for a lot of people. One thing you're missing is King's customer service is much better than Fox these days.

I've been tuning my Kings since they launched. IMO tuning a digressive piston is a better overall piston when you use the full bag of tricks in tuning. To do that you need to get into an electronic control systems. I partnered with SDI's and did a Universal E Click system system, since the King system wasn't ready for me yet. Icon has taken a similar route as you know.

This setups allows us to address the negatives of the piston type that you've highlighted. Basically you get better ride comfort by shifting some of your damping curves electronically. I also stepped down on the first stage compression valves to match the driving speeds and style off roading the bronco sees more often.

Great to see others dialing in the fun! Great info and writeup!

Cheers,

AJ

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just out of the box, both Fox and Kings will likely feel floaty and soft, which some may translate into a good ride, but that’s more of a race spec. Meaning, empty and stripped rig and softer for desert running through the whoops.

Now, once you adjust or customize/calibrate, (whatever!) think you can dial in either very well depending on the series of course.

What everyone needs to think about is which can handle weight and maintain proper handling.

I know most of you boys want to think you’re Ultra4 level drivers and crash the dunes all week, but because you don’t and will likely load up your rig with gear and family or friends, then head to trails, think about your suspension set up based on the “reality” of who YOU are, rather than who you want to be like or look like.

If you don’t calibrate your shocks and adjust or switch to the proper springs, or if you don’t know what any of that means, you should just stick to the shocks you have stock.

@AccuTune Offroad, do you calibrate for the shocks you sell after a consultation with the customer, wait until/if they ask, or just sell out of the box? This is the detail that decides where I’ll buy my set up from.

Also, do you guys sell ICON? More balanced overall for street and trail, but more a preference I guess.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great info. I might be the only one who didn’t know that the King are zinc coated steel. Up here in rust country that would probably make them a non-starter for me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AccuTune Offroad

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree with everything you said for off the shelf products. This analysis will be really helpfully for a lot of people. One thing you're missing is King's customer service is much better than Fox these days.

I've been tuning my Kings since they launched. IMO tuning a digressive piston is a better overall piston when you use the full bag of tricks in tuning. To do that you need to get into an electronic control systems. I partnered with SDI's and did a Universal E Click system system, since the King system wasn't ready for me yet. Icon has taken a similar route as you know.

This setups allows us to address the negatives of the piston type that you've highlighted. Basically you get better ride comfort by shifting some of your damping curves electronically. I also stepped down on the first stage compression valves to match the driving speeds and style off roading the bronco sees more often.

Great to see others dialing in the fun! Great info and writeup!

Cheers,

AJ
Thank you.

And no need to deal with either companies when you can go straight through us ;)

With Fox not selling direct, it makes it hard to get the customer service we deserve I suppose. No excuse though.

OP
OP
AccuTune Offroad

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just out of the box, both Fox and Kings will likely feel floaty and soft, which some may translate into a good ride, but that’s more of a race spec. Meaning, empty and stripped rig and softer for desert running through the whoops.

Now, once you adjust or customize/calibrate, (whatever!) think you can dial in either very well depending on the series of course.

What everyone needs to think about is which can handle weight and maintain proper handling.

I know most of you boys want to think you’re Ultra4 level drivers and crash the dunes all week, but because you don’t and will likely load up your rig with gear and family or friends, then head to trails, think about your suspension set up based on the “reality” of who YOU are, rather than who you want to be like or look like.

If you don’t calibrate your shocks and adjust or switch to the proper springs, or if you don’t know what any of that means, you should just stick to the shocks you have stock.

@AccuTune Offroad, do you calibrate for the shocks you sell after a consultation with the customer, wait until/if they ask, or just sell out of the box? This is the detail that decides where I’ll buy my set up from.

Also, do you guys sell ICON? More balanced overall for street and trail, but more a preference I guess.
100% agree with that you said. Yes we consult with customers on which route they want to go, look into spring rates for their vehicles total weight, then calculate valving for their needs. We custom tune every remote reservoir shock that leaves our building whether its for a prerunner truck or daily driver mall crawler. This service is free, and comes with a few other great values.

We just focus on Fox and King. We have our hands full with those and don't have space in our 7k sq/ft warehouse to add another shock brand at this time.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100% agree with that you said. Yes we consult with customers on which route they want to go, look into spring rates for their vehicles total weight, then calculate valving for their needs. We custom tune every remote reservoir shock that leaves our building whether its for a prerunner truck or daily driver mall crawler. This service is free, and comes with a few other great values.

We just focus on Fox and King. We have our hands full with those and don't have space in our 7k sq/ft warehouse to add another shock brand at this time.
Great to hear and nothing wrong with specialization; in fact I’d prefer that approach.

Sounds like you guys have a strong operation going. Hope you continue to grow and stay committed to the quality level of service.

Cheers to you guys! 🍻

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank for the write up. I’m having my Fox 2.5s finally installed next week with a 37” tire. Stock everything else. Will report back.

How much would you charge for upgrading my rear springs if they are too soft?

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Accutune was a fantastic company to work with in tuning my Broncos’s Kings y’all. They took all the detail I provided them on my wheeling that I do, Bronco I had and aftermarket weight that I had added. The tune they turned out for me made my Kings feel like they had been sleeping and just came alive. Kings and Foxes are fantastic shocks. Kings or Foxes tailored/tuned to your specific, personal vehicle are amazing.

Sponsored

Hashlak

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch, Porsche GT3RS, Honda CBR1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great thread with a lot of valuable info, thanks.

OP
OP
AccuTune Offroad

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank for the write up. I’m having my Fox 2.5s finally installed next week with a 37” tire. Stock everything else. Will report back.

Rear Eibach spring packages are around $270-ish. Our upgrade package includes a few more things, so it may be worth sending over a message to discuss, if that time comes.

PCDan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I would consider UCAs if you’re putting on Fox 2.5s and plan to flex it. Also plan to do some rubbing mods, plenty of threads here on it. I just did the last one on mine, cutting out the lower forward liner and pinch weld of the rear wheel well. And dialed up the LS and HS compression on the back end.

I may replace rear springs but I have a very early released set and the rear springs are fine, but just a tad soft.

Ford Bronco Fox vs King: Which Shocks For Your Bronco? IMG_9851

Last edited:

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would consider UCAs if you’re putting on Fox 2.5s and plan to flex it. Also plan to do some rubbing mods, plenty of threads here on it. I just did the last one on mine, cutting out the lower forward liner and pinch weld of the rear wheel well. And dialed up the LS and HS compression on the back end.

I may replace rear springs but I have a very early released set and the rear springs are fine, but just a tad soft.

Ford Bronco Fox vs King: Which Shocks For Your Bronco? IMG_9851
Thanks! I’ve been tracking some of the other 37 threads. You have a sweet build. I got Icon UCAs and picked a KM3 tire which should give a little extra wiggle room.

PCDan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks! I’ve been tracking some of the other 37 threads. You have a sweet build. I got Icon UCAs and picked a KM3 tire which should give a little extra wiggle room.
👍🏼 and thanks.

Yes you’ll have some more room with the KM3
Sponsored