Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello boyzzzz, and girlzzzz,
my 22 WT came with the Fox suspension (struts and shocks), So far, I really like the way my Bronco handles on and off the road. can't complain. going on 8500 miles so far. however it all comes down as how stream you want your bronco to be. I guess is one of those things, like my bronco is better than yours or is it "I want my bronco to be the best badddd assss out on the road"
just an observation and a comment, no more. :cool:✌ KEEP ON BRONCKING
Sponsored

OP
OP
AccuTune Offroad

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sasquatch 4 Door, Jeep JLUR, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
my 22 WT came with the Fox suspension (struts and shocks), So far, I really like the way my Bronco handles on and off the road. can't complain. going on 8500 miles so far. however it all comes down as how stream you want your bronco to be. I guess is one of those things, like my bronco is better than yours or is it "I want my bronco to be the best badddd assss out on the road"
Are they aftermarket Fox shocks or a Fox upgrade package from factory?

OP
OP
AccuTune Offroad

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored
OP
OP
AccuTune Offroad

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like you I have HOSS 3.0 , same mileage, and love the FOx 2.5's even after really putting them through their paces, but............the hidden winch dipped the front end and I beat the shit out of the winch in Baja. to were it didnt work.......added the 37's and well now its a slippery slope of kinda needing the lift and wanting all the handling if not more so... and I really want to do it correctly an go faster in Baja next time......

Just ordered some Tuned Kings from Accutune last night.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
@AccuTune Offroad are you ok with a ton of newbie with a very specific use case but unsure on the "right" shock and suspension setup questions?

I'm so lost. I have money burning a hole and a idea of what I want to do, but I haven't ridden in any vehicles with 2.5 resi shocks and I'm afraid I'll drop 5k and hate them.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like you I have HOSS 3.0 , same mileage, and love the FOx 2.5's even after really putting them through their paces, but............the hidden winch dipped the front end and I beat the shit out of the winch in Baja. to were it didnt work.......added the 37's and well now its a slippery slope of kinda needing the lift and wanting all the handling if not more so... and I really want to do it correctly an go faster in Baja next time......

Just ordered some Tuned Kings from Accutune last night.
I have the EXACT same dilemma w/HOSS 3.0 and wrestling between Fox, Kings and ADS... Tune or no tune, though with purchasing ADS they will make the adjustments per my weight without extra charges....but they're more $$ too. Trying to lift for 37s is just going to make things even worse. It's super plush right now on the road, bottoms out in the rear without much effort. Anything more and it will be like floating around in an old caddy! I haven't even tried to take it through any rough stuff after adding the bumpers/weight due to this...

Last edited:

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey Guys, nice to see someone take a dive in this subject! We noticed in the write up that on the fox equipped Bronco you have a front aftermarket UCA (which has added caster built in, keeping 0'ed cams mostly in position) and a fixed oem UCA on the King equipped Bronco.. If true, a typical alignment shop would have to max out the lower cams to get in spec. Subsequently this would pull out the in-board cv joint where dimensionally Ford already has these too short, and risk damaging/pulling the CV. You also have aftermarket rear links on the Fox equipped Bronco with what appears to be a Johnny Joint or similar, and "hopefully" adjusted lengths to aim the pinion back to spec. Aftermarket joints rotate and cycle with less resistance than a factory pressed bushing. None of what we are saying is aimed at taking away from the incredible assessment you guys made, but it would be better executed had you compared the shock assemblies on the same vehicle and parts configuration. Fox and King both make industry leading products, we exclusively use only these brands on anything we do, but a shock absorber is just one component of a "suspension system". As a shock tuning company naturally you are going to compare shocks as a stand alone product. As a suspension designer and manufacturer of complete systems, we know the importance of collective assemblies and the impact each variable has on performance and longevity.
So with all this being said, if we install proper aftermarket UCA's, we shouldn't need this additional spacer added to the Kings to limit travel. Correct?

Sponsored
OP
OP
AccuTune Offroad

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
@AccuTune Offroad are you ok with a ton of newbie with a very specific use case but unsure on the "right" shock and suspension setup questions?

I'm so lost. I have money burning a hole and a idea of what I want to do, but I haven't ridden in any vehicles with 2.5 resi shocks and I'm afraid I'll drop 5k and hate them.
SEND IT! Shoot over a private message and we can get things cleared up for ya.

OP
OP
AccuTune Offroad

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So with all this being said, if we install proper aftermarket UCA's, we shouldn't need this additional spacer added to the Kings to limit travel. Correct?
FWIW, the image APG is referring to is an image sourced from Kings installation guide. For context in the article, our images didn't use the King reservoir mount, so I opted to use Kings image as a reference. In both cases when we installed and tuned Kings, they both had aftermarket UCA, not stock. Both cases had CV bind at full droop.

jbandc122

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak, Porsche Cayenne Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the EXACT same dilemma and wrestling between Fox, Kings and ADS... Tune or no tune, though with purchasing ADS they will make the adjustments per my weight without extra charges....but they're more $$ too. Trying to lift for 37s is just going to make things even worse. It's super plush right now on the road, bottoms out in the rear without much effort. Anything more and it will be like floating around in an old caddy! I haven't even tried to take it through any rough stuff after adding the bumpers/weight due to this...
For a vehicle like this, no matter the brand go with a tune. I’d take a $2000 set of tuned shocks over any $5000 set of untuned shocks on a Bronco.

As mentioned, Accutune also tunes their shocks free when you buy from them.

Sloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What are the maintenance intervals like on the Fox and Kings? Is one easier to service? Is one cheaper to service? Which is considered more reliable?
Sponsored