First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just test drove a Badlands manual a few hours ago. When I opened the doors, they imperceptibly dropped about half and inch (perceivable with apt attention), and then raised themselves up (and under the rubber molding) back up after closing.
This is exactly what the windows on my Mustang Convertible does. Ford started doing this on their convertibles with the re-released Thunderbird if I remember correctly.
Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

buddy had a 2000 mustang gt coupe and his windows did the auto drop a little at open and close. I am not at all concerned as it is not new tech and feel this is a non issue.

BroncoPA65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Fords & VW's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drove one this past Thursday. If you are trying to bust out the door fast, you'll feel the resistance as the window hasn't had time to roll down out of the weather stripping yet. If ya take a normal pace getting out, it'll give the window time and ya won't feel a thing.
You're exactly right... I have a VW with frameless windows. On that, just pull the handle a little to activate the window sequence before opening the door. It only takes milliseconds of a pause (you get used to it). Other people opening the passenger door don't do it sometimes, but in that case the window just "plucks" the seal as it opens.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When the two red Badlands (I think) were making the circuit several months ago, one of them had a noticeable hang up if you tried to open the door quickly. Was very evident that it would take some getting used to on the vehicle. The other vehicle did not have the issue at all.
Sponsored