Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I've watched a number of videos where folks have put a winch and/or front bumper that interferes with the camera view. Is there enough wire or is there an extension that can be purchased to move the camera to the front of the bumper? If the answer is NO...it sounds to me this is someones $1M deal to get a new housing and extension cable built to do this. I will only take 5% finders fee.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup there are several extension kits available. This one by JCR is probably the most popular. Only downside is your 360 views are a little off since the calibration is off once you move the cameras, but it isn't terrible.

The harder one to move is the ACC sensor for adaptive cruise control in the Lux package. There are a few kits to relocate that but it never works 100% correctly after it's been moved. Big reason why I tell people to avoid the Lux package if they intend on heavily modifying the front bumper.

OP
OP
vzqhsg

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Yup there are several extension kits available. This one by JCR is probably the most popular. Only downside is your 360 views are a little off since the calibration is off once you move the cameras, but it isn't terrible.

The harder one to move is the ACC sensor for adaptive cruise control in the Lux package. There are a few kits to relocate that but it never works 100% correctly after it's been moved. Big reason why I tell people to avoid the Lux package if they intend on heavily modifying the front bumper.
Thanks Bryan...I have lux on my ordered Badlands, but don't plan to use the adaptive option of the cruise. I won't worry so much about that. Will check out JCR. I like their rear door table and front door pockets.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Bryan...I have lux on my ordered Badlands, but don't plan to use the adaptive option of the cruise. I won't worry so much about that. Will check out JCR. I like their rear door table and front door pockets.
Awesome.

If you do end up blocking the sensor make sure you set cruise control to "normal" mode. Otherwise the vehicle will sit there and yell "Sensor Blocked" non-stop while driving.

OP
OP
vzqhsg

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Awesome.

If you do end up blocking the sensor make sure you set cruise control to "normal" mode. Otherwise the vehicle will sit there and yell "Sensor Blocked" non-stop while driving.
OK...I just added LUX to my order in July. I was originally told you could not shut off the adaptive option of cruise. Once I found out you could I added LUX.

Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is not fully blocked. That being said, you can buy a cable to extend it fairly cheap. Extending the washer fluid hose is a different story. Right size hose and some fittings perhaps. Haven’t seen it done yet.

Ford Bronco Front Camera F041FAB5-AC74-44A2-A1FA-ECAE9FDE3E18

OP
OP
vzqhsg

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Mine is not fully blocked. That being said, you can buy a cable to extend it fairly cheap. Extending the washer fluid hose is a different story. Right size hose and some fittings perhaps. Haven’t seen it done yet.

F041FAB5-AC74-44A2-A1FA-ECAE9FDE3E18.jpeg
There is a link to the JCR site in one of the posts above. They show how to extend the hose. It is very simple. You need a lengh of hose and can use the same factory connections.

Last edited:

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I have a BL coming but only have the Mid package. Does that mean I won't have a front camera (the camera that's in the grill)? If not, then that will impact the height of the brush guard I get (will be lights on top of the brush guard too).

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://a.co/d/iuaTBpD

$6.49 for the cable on Amazon. And I moved my camera down to the "grill" area of the RC High Mount. Simple and free lol, had the two bolts, washers and nuts on hand.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://a.co/d/iuaTBpD

$6.49 for the cable on Amazon. And I moved my camera down to the "grill" area of the RC High Mount. Simple and free lol, had the two bolts, washers and nuts on hand.
I am very interested on how you did this using just the cable. Can you post some pics of the finished setup or even progress shots. I am thinking I could build my own mount using some strong ABS plastic (I have experience with this over metal) to mount to the front of my winch similar to the JCR version. I am worried my setup would still not fully work with the JCR bracket and force me to make my own bracket anyway. Thus, why pay $250 mostly for their bracket that will likely not work well.

If I could just buy my own cable (and I guess water hose), I think I can make my own mount to get the camera to line up. Would love to learn more on your setup!

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am very interested on how you did this using just the cable. Can you post some pics of the finished setup or even progress shots. I am thinking I could build my own mount using some strong ABS plastic (I have experience with this over metal) to mount to the front of my winch similar to the JCR version. I am worried my setup would still not fully work with the JCR bracket and force me to make my own bracket anyway. Thus, why pay $250 mostly for their bracket that will likely not work well.

If I could just buy my own cable (and I guess water hose), I think I can make my own mount to get the camera to line up. Would love to learn more on your setup!
Yeah I'll get some pics this evening. It's all simple, remove grill, remove camera, plug new cable to the end of the new cable, put grill back on, fish new cable behind the grill and through the winch mount, attach camera to the front of the mount where the led light would go.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I'll get some pics this evening. It's all simple, remove grill, remove camera, plug new cable to the end of the new cable, put grill back on, fish new cable behind the grill and through the winch mount, attach camera to the front of the mount where the led light would go.
Sounds great. Looking forward to seeing it. I have your recommended cable in my Amazon cart ready to order, although I may go out and measure to see if I need to get the 6 foot long one. Still trying to decide if I need to move the camera to in front of the winch (similar to JCR's setup) or how it sounds like yours is setup (which I why I am looking forward to seeing your pics).

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here‘s the JCR video on how to add the longer cable and extend the washer hose. It’s pretty easy.

Sponsored