First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Toyota 4Runner, 1974 Ford Bronco Truggy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Filled up my tank earlier today and the gauge didn’t go up. It continued to go down. Currently it is telling me 4mi to E. But it’s got close to 17 gallons in it based on filling up and how far I drove after. I’ve cycle the ignition switch 5 times, disconnected the battery and did a master reset. No fix.
Sponsored

OP
OP
scbronco74

scbronco74

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m driving cross country to move my family to the east coast in 5 days. I was hoping someone might have some advice on a fix.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Top off the tank, reset the trip, and fill up every 250-300 miles.

Until you can get a dealer to fix it. Hope it is just the sensor in the fuel pump and not the pump itself because that will leave you stranded for 1-4 weeks

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would check the connection at the tank, just make sure its snapped in good. Also, I know its new, but might not hurt to throw a bottle of techron additive to help loosen anything that might be causing the sending unit to not reset cleanly. I have had these happen before, ran a tank with techron additive and everytime now, after refueling, gauge is reading. Good luck...

Sponsored
OP
OP
scbronco74

scbronco74

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the advice. I’ll give it a shot.

Chelsgirl21

Black Diamond
First Name
Chelsea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you ever figure out what the problem was? Mine did this today 😔

OP
OP
scbronco74

scbronco74

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you ever figure out what the problem was? Mine did this today 😔
Unfortunately no… however, after several times trying to fill the tank from a moderate level in hopes of the gauge catching up, I watched the fuel with the trip meter and let it go near actual empty. The fuel eventually caught up with the guage and Both were really low. I fueled up and miraculously the guage did to.

Chelsgirl21

Black Diamond
First Name
Chelsea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unfortunately no… however, after several times trying to fill the tank from a moderate level in hopes of the gauge catching up, I watched the fuel with the trip meter and let it go near actual empty. The fuel eventually caught up with the guage and Both were really low. I fueled up and miraculously the guage did to.
Damn…..😔😔😔

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tonight I discovered my fuel gauge showing full when i was pretty sure it was a half tank. I have a steep driveway and had parked it at the steepest part. I know that will mess up fuel gauge in my other cars, but once I get on the flat those correct. This gauge seemed to not want to reset. In my case turning off ignition, opening door to make it shut off everything then restart and it was back to reading half a tank

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is anyone else bothered that there is no low fuel indicator that stays on once you get to a certain point? If you don't happen to catch it when it flashes to tell you you've got 50 miles left or whatever you miss it you may not be paying attention bad things will happen.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is anyone else bothered that there is no low fuel indicator that stays on once you get to a certain point? If you don't happen to catch it when it flashes to tell you you've got 50 miles left or whatever you miss it you may not be paying attention bad things will happen.
Don’t you have to physically click ok for the warning to go away? Or am I remembering incorrectly? Also it warns you multiple times, not just at 50.

BCFDLtE13

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is an indicator, the little fuel pump symbol on top of the gauge turns orange after the first "50 Miles to Empty" warning. It stays that way till I fill up.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is an indicator, the little fuel pump symbol on top of the gauge turns orange after the first "50 Miles to Empty" warning. It stays that way till I fill up.
I'll have to watch for that... Only been there twice, but didn't notice. Perhaps too subtle.
Sponsored