Wesly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX; '11 Armada; '02 Tahoe Z71; '91 XJ6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’d like to see how you mounted it. I didn’t get it because of the view. If it’s that good, I’ll get it and upgrade the front speakers and be done.
Here's the view from the front and the rear with the sound bar "upside-down" which puts it up high.
Ford Bronco Full Range to rear speakers Bar Front
Ford Bronco Full Range to rear speakers Bar Rear
Sponsored

OP
OP
wcmaness

wcmaness

Outer Banks
First Name
Wesly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmmmmmm now I wonder if I can get my dealership to do this for me without the sound bar. Has anyone tried that yet and been told one way or another?
I haven't seen any posts about the rear speaker performance AFTER the sound bar installation & flashing - that's why I did. I'd be interested to know if a dealer would flash it without the sound bar.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The flashing instructions (if that's what you are wanting) come with the sound bar. Although they are online, I'll attach the .pdf of the installation instructions which include that step.
Just as I figured... It's not settings related (or anything you can change with ForScan). And as far as I know, you need the FDRS to be able to download softwate/firmware.
But if we had the software, I think forscan can flash the module. 🤷

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is a great discovery. Doubtful you can do it on your own without the new software.
Sux that it doesn't come from the factory already flashed. Thank you!

Sponsored

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Bronco is (hopefully) coming in next month. I am sending an email to my dealer now to see if they will flash my bronco without the JBL on purchase.
So does the B&O system need to be flashed reckon?

OP
OP
wcmaness

wcmaness

Outer Banks
First Name
Wesly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My Bronco is (hopefully) coming in next month. I am sending an email to my dealer now to see if they will flash my bronco without the JBL on purchase.
Please - update us on that.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are the rears totally on high pass from the head unit, as in no bass even at low volumes, or does it roll off bass as volume is increased?

If you plan on adding an external amp the audio control lc6i with Accubass can overcome the factory radio cross over or roll off. Of course if you just want full range and the can program without the speaker bar this is great news. I was curious if that would be possible.

I’ll be going with the LCi6 since I am planning on amplification to multiple channels.

Audio Control LCi6
Internal Channel Summing
The LC6i has the unique ability to internally sum together multiple (4 or 6) input channels from the factory source unit into 2 channels. This is particularly handy when using the LC6i with a factory system that has multiple, actively crossed-over signals being sent from the OEM source unit or amplifier(s). For example, in some vehicles there is an actively crossed-over tweeter, midrange, and woofer all in the front of the vehi- cle. The LC6i lets you take all of those signals and sum them together to get a high-quality, full-range, pre-amp signal without the use of any additional cables or hardware. Internal jumpers allow you to sum the channels 2 and 3 to the main outputs, or keep them separate.

OP
OP
wcmaness

wcmaness

Outer Banks
First Name
Wesly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are the rears totally on high pass from the head unit, as in no bass even at low volumes, or does it roll off bass as volume is increased?

If you plan on adding an external amp the audio control lc6i with Accubass can overcome the factory radio cross over or roll off. Of course if you just want full range and the can program without the speaker bar this is great news. I was curious if that would be possible.

I’ll be going with the LCi6 since I am planning on amplification to multiple channels.

Audio Control LCi6
Internal Channel Summing
The LC6i has the unique ability to internally sum together multiple (4 or 6) input channels from the factory source unit into 2 channels. This is particularly handy when using the LC6i with a factory system that has multiple, actively crossed-over signals being sent from the OEM source unit or amplifier(s). For example, in some vehicles there is an actively crossed-over tweeter, midrange, and woofer all in the front of the vehi- cle. The LC6i lets you take all of those signals and sum them together to get a high-quality, full-range, pre-amp signal without the use of any additional cables or hardware. Internal jumpers allow you to sum the channels 2 and 3 to the main outputs, or keep them separate.
Mine had zero bass at all volumes. It’s really weird why that would be the case by design.

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine had zero bass at all volumes. It’s really weird why that would be the case by design.
The head unit has a high pass crossover for the rear channel then. My guess is they knew with a 4 inch speaker to be heard back there, it would have to be cranked up. Problem then is if it isn’t high pass filtered, it would sound like jack because it’s distorting the 4” trying to produce bass. I understand why they did it with factory speakers.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It can be done.

I buckled down and bought the sound bar that Ford is pushing (the JBL BB4000). It looks to be plug-n-play out of the box, because it uses the same connectors as the factory rear speakers. But, once you buy it, the installation instructions tell you to take it to the dealer after installing, so that the computer can be "flashed" to accept the sound bar.

I connected it up anyway without flashing it, and it sounded just like the factory rear speakers - high end unimpressive sound. I then took it to the dealer who "flashed" it for free. Then it performed like you would expect the sound bar to sound - full range and full of great sound.

Curious about this "flashing" business - just for kicks - I unplugged the sound bar and plugged back in the factory speakers I had removed - and viola - full sound range from the little factory speaker pods.

I don't know why it comes from the factory with limited rear speakers that way - but clearly it is intentionally limited.

To "flash" the audio, the sound bar instructions say you must have the FDRS software ACM (audio control module) to perform the "Audio Front Control
Module (ACM) Software Update." The trick then is - find out how to do that (or get the dealer to do the flash) without buying the sound bar.

The good thing is that I was able to tap into the rear speakers (instead of running wires all the way up to the front kick panel speakers) to add my subwoofer.

With the sound bar I've got the range all around and with a sub I'm done.

STILL - I wonder if I would have needed the sound bar if I could just broaden the range of the rear speaker pods.

Anyway - if this hasn't been posted before (I didn't find it - sorry if this is a repeat)- there's the answer.
i hooked up my pioneer sub to the fronts too eliminate having the dealer fees to reprogram powered sub sounds amazing

OP
OP
wcmaness

wcmaness

Outer Banks
First Name
Wesly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The head unit has a high pass crossover for the rear channel then. My guess is they knew with a 4 inch speaker to be heard back there, it would have to be cranked up. Problem then is if it isn’t high pass filtered, it would sound like jack because it’s distorting the 4” trying to produce bass. I understand why they did it with factory speakers.
A bigger more capable speaker would have been an easy design. The pod would necessarily be a bit bigger - but sure would be better than the all-obscuring sound bar design.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's the view from the front and the rear with the sound bar "upside-down" which puts it up high.
genious...Thank you! Now I can get my wife to stop bitching.
Sponsored