Jradionyc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rear speakers have little to no base? Is there a base blocker installed in the pods?
Was thinking of upgrading rears to 6” and chang pods.
Mia it worth it?
2022 badlands 4dr
High package. Non B&O system
Sponsored

Last edited:

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can mess with Forscan I think to open up the rears to full range. There have been threads on here about it

John Whammer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can mess with Forscan I think to open up the rears to full range. There have been threads on here about it
would love to see more on this

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I believe that only works for 2021 models for some reason.

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the rears opened up (low block removed) by the dealer, and upgraded the rear pods by adding killmat and replacing the 4” speakers. Result - more volume but still really poor bass response. The little drivers (JL Audio) just aren’t up to the task.

The 6.5” Mabett pods are likely my next change if I don’t go with an under-seat sub.

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Rear speakers have little to no base? Is there a base blocker installed in the pods?
Was thinking of upgrading rears to 6” and chang pods.
Mia it worth it?
Your right the rear speakers are terrible. I have a 22 OBX with the upgraded system and the rears gave out a muffled sound. Like talking with a hand over your mouth. I purchased 6.5 speakers from SSV works as they are truly plug and play and now the system is fantastic. Might be something you want to check out.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your right the rear speakers are terrible. I have a 22 OBX with the upgraded system and the rears gave out a muffled sound. Like talking with a hand over your mouth. I purchased 6.5 speakers from SSV works as they are truly plug and play and now the system is fantastic. Might be something you want to check out.

I'm a big plug, and play guy. Did you just upgrade speakers ? No additional amp adds ?

Fit right the same opening with no "ya gotta do this pigtail or drill that attachment plate" ?

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford would have made everyone's life easier if they used a passive crossover (like a "bass blocker") rather than a setting in the vehicle electronics. People have freed the low frequencies through Forscan or had the dealer go through JBL soundbar process to get the lows opened up. That works (to my knowledge) only for the base audio.

One thing to think about is what you are missing in your audio. If it's bass, a powered sub would get you much better results than the added bass from rear 6.5s.

E. J

Big Bend
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SCab 4X4 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Has anyone looked at the speakers in the Broncos? The speakers that came with my F150 have virtually no magnet. Just not capable of any real bass.

Might want to head over to Crutchfield.com and see what 3-way speakers fit the Bronco.

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
using forescan for stock rear pods wont do much. They are 4 dollar speakers. Honestly ford has about the worst stock speakers of all manufacturers. This goes back decades. Charge me anothe 1000 for a good stereo system instead of making me spend it after the fact.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I replaced the rear 4 inch speakers with Mabett pods and Morel 6.5 inch coaxials on the base 6 speaker stereo with an AudioControl 4.300 amp. While it cleared up the highs, there are still little to no mid or low frequencies being passed through. Unless you plan on freeing up the frequencies via the dealer JBL soundbar mod tuning, just replacing the 4 inch factory with a decent aftermarket speaker will work. If I had to do it again, that is what I would do.

OP
OP

Jradionyc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s what I am looking into as well as adding kicker key 200.4 amp.
but you just did 6.5” speakers and sounds better?!

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs