Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh, I should try that. I like the sound after the upgrades - but it’s front heavy.
IMO doesn't do much. Did it with forscan. If you added the 200.4 makes zero difference.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
IMO doesn't do much. Did it with forscan. If you added the 200.4 makes zero difference.
I haven’t done that yet. I’ve been debating on adding a sub in the stock location as a winter project. That would be the difference in amp purchase, correct?

I picked up a Kicker Comp RT8 for cheap…but, perhaps just adding the 200.4 would suffice my needs and be way less of a headache. I’m not looking to win any bass competitions.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven’t done that yet. I’ve been debating on adding a sub in the stock location as a winter project. That would be the difference in amp purchase, correct?

I picked up a Kicker Comp RT8 for cheap…but, perhaps just adding the 200.4 would suffice my needs and be way less of a headache. I’m not looking to win any bass competitions.

I'm wondering the same thing. They're six and a half inch speakers in the kick panels... One would think there was a quality speaker in that spot, you can get plenty of bass.

To many ways to go about this!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So now that the 2023s are being delivered with subs in non B&O systems..... Has anyone been able to compare the AS builts to find out the differences?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So now that the 2023s are being delivered with subs in non B&O systems..... Has anyone been able to compare the AS builts to find out the differences?
Oh crap! Good call.

My original order arrived on Thursday with the sub…but, sadly I think we’ll have to deny it. Too much money and personal connection invested in our 2021 at this point.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Different amp, I opted for a powered sub and did an HS10.

IMO the 200.4 is the best change, along with swapping speakers to something decent. That actually adds a decent amount of bass with a great sound. Adding the sub is the finishing touch (but still recommended).

If you didn't do the amp yet I did kit 11-6 for adding the 200.4 and hs10, doing your own sub/amp pnp has a few kits.

I did hear and spend some time in a 23. It sounds way better with a sub, but underpowered and you still have the shallow, tin sound of the stock speakers. It is night and day from a stock setup and a 200.4/speakers/sub. Then again it is also around 1k to upgrade everything..

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of great information in this thread. One thing I didn’t see and I could have missed it, but is it worth it to get the flash done if you’re already running a key 200.4? Will it still open up the rears? I’ve done the Forscan mods, but still want to maximize what I can. I’m running aftermarket speakers in the rear for what it’s worth.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lots of great information in this thread. One thing I didn’t see and I could have missed it, but is it worth it to get the flash done if you’re already running a key 200.4? Will it still open up the rears? I’ve done the Forscan mods, but still want to maximize what I can. I’m running aftermarket speakers in the rear for what it’s worth.
Nope, not worth it. Did not notice a change once the key was installed.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I changed the 2 lines yesterday in Forscan and to me, it sounds better. I'm in the middle of upgrading the speakers, so that helped as well, but the speakers that I hadn't upgraded yet do sound better. Can't wait to get the rest of the new speakers in.

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, not worth it. Did not notice a change once the key was installed.
Thank you. Looks like it’s as good as it’s going to get. Just trying different things last night I reverted back to original output in FORScan and really couldn’t notice a difference there either.

Sponsored

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just read through about 20 pages of this thread, and my brain is mush. So many people talking about how they made changes, but I hardly see them indicate if they have the B&O or base system.

I have the B&O system in my '22 Badsquatch, and have upgraded all the stock speakers (all the fronts with Kicker, and the rear roll bar speakers with Focal)... I plan on removing the factory sub enclosure and running the stock rear amp to an LC2i Pro LOC, to the tailgate mounted sub.. but haven't got that all set up yet.

So - if I want to get a bit more dynamic range out of the rear roll bar speakers, what the heck do I need to do in Forscan? This thread has me brain dead and I don't think I saw the answer in 20 pages.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just read through about 20 pages of this thread, and my brain is mush. So many people talking about how they made changes, but I hardly see them indicate if they have the B&O or base system.

I have the B&O system in my '22 Badsquatch, and have upgraded all the stock speakers (all the fronts with Kicker, and the rear roll bar speakers with Focal)... I plan on removing the factory sub enclosure and running the stock rear amp to an LC2i Pro LOC, to the tailgate mounted sub.. but haven't got that all set up yet.

So - if I want to get a bit more dynamic range out of the rear roll bar speakers, what the heck do I need to do in Forscan? This thread has me brain dead and I don't think I saw the answer in 20 pages.
You do nothing. No Forscan changes for the B&O.

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

LOL...how many people would know Ight = Alright. My brother from another mother! I'm pretty sure I voiced it inside my head in the same tone as you!
Actually it’s ‘all right’ = ‘aight’
I hated when people spelled it ‘ight’. Makes no sense..

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok.. so there is NO adjustment to be made in forscan to get increased dynamic range in the rear speakers???

boomboomthump

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, make the recommended changes and ignore everything "F OR D" is saying that it doesn't work.

It indeed does. I tested it with various audio test tones. There's also video evidence that has been uploaded here.
Sponsored