Sponsored

(fun list!) Bronco accessories to be avoided! (keep it friendly)

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How do they rattle, I used the same ones with no issues? Not the prettiest, but certainly do the job!
Both rattled really bad, do you have the LP6 and XL80? these aren't the lightest of lights so that may be part of the issue. If you have squadrons or other smaller lights from different brands, may not be an issue.
Sponsored

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, this should ruffle a few feathers... but the tailgate table.
I spent way too much for them 4 legged creatures to rip apart my ride because it smells like my dinner
As a fly fishing guide I love mine for rigging.

You are correct though - I'd never cook in my vehicle. That is just stupid.

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
It came as standard on my 24 HE and if you have dogs it is indispensable. I have 2 Crates that sit right to the rear tailgate edge and when I'm putting E-Collars on or just loading them in the crates the slide-out tailgate makes it that much easier. Additionally I use it as a work bench when I am doing various projects and even stand on it to wash the top. It is very sturdy, well designed and I would have added it if it did not come as a standard.
Does ity make the cargo space under the floor inaccessible?

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford hood protector. It has zero lift to it to send stones overwhelming roof and as far as protecting the front edge from chips, 3m clear tape will do the same.

Ford cargo drawer. Pain to remove and reinstall on as needed. Cannot access the trunk without removing drawer. Width is short and leaves 2-4 " open space on each side for stuff to fall into.
I just used the modcrate floorboard, and built my own, saved probably a grand that way

The Bronco script letters. Definitely does not look good
depends on which ones, most do look cheap. I had mine made by a buddy with a waterjet and a powdercoat booth, so they're the right size and color to offset the blue of the truck

I think my biggest regrettable purchase was the tailgate fabric molle panel for storage. it mostly just spent all its time figuring out new ways to sag and look dumb.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both rattled really bad, do you have the LP6 and XL80? these aren't the lightest of lights so that may be part of the issue. If you have squadrons or other smaller lights from different brands, may not be an issue.
I just have the squadrons and LP9's on the bumper with GG mounts.

Sponsored

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Does ity make the cargo space under the floor inaccessible?
Nope, you slide the tailgate out and lift the lid, both cubbies are accessible.

ebrs929

Big Bend
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2009 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've got over 40K on mine, and still on my first windshield. At least some of that luck has to be thanks to the hood protector.
Same here. We got one chip after a week of ownership, but nothing since we installed the hood - nothing. Over 34 K miles and still the same windshield (we did a DIY kit to repair the one spot)

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Snorkel—Unless you live in Australia and have done all the other things required to waterproof your bronco it serves no purpose and screams mall-crawler.
It doesn't take much water to send it over the hood. DAMHIK

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those goofy tube half doors. Either have the doors on or off, don't muddy the waters lol. JMO

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I said in the previous thread anything Mabbet, but everyone seems to fawn over everything he puts his name on. But I'll add Bro Addict to the list. I made the mistake of buying some rear window molle panels and install them and then 100% absolutely hated them from the piss poor install instructions, to the design and fasteners etc. I took em out and they're never going back in my Bronco.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
+1 on the steel door pockets - 100% you're gonna gash your leg or knee on those.
I find the stock stretch cord/mesh pockets to be great. They’re pretty expandable.

Gonzo

Outer Banks
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Those goofy tube half doors. Either have the doors on or off, don't muddy the waters lol. JMO
Tell me you don't have kids without telling me! My kiddos like having something to hold on to when we drive around town, even for short trips.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Tell me you don't have kids without telling me! My kiddos like having something to hold on to when we drive around town, even for short trips.
I don't have the tube doors, but my wife hates the fully off door experience. She's afraid she's gonna fall out. She won't play with her phone if I have the doors off either as she's afraid if she drops it she'll lose it...so not always a bad thing there ;) ...but she did say she would be okay with tube doors. /shrug she also mentioned side impact fear, but then those doors aren't going to provide any side impact protection, but don't tell her that.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mabbett center console / armrest insert. The number of times that has fallen into the console and dumped all of its contents… 🤬

And the StickerFab seat belt holders. Never adhered to the interior panels.
Sponsored