Sponsored

(fun list!) Bronco accessories to be avoided! (keep it friendly)

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good list but for for people like me with 2021 6-speaker system, the dollar amount should be higher, no? It really sucks like even for the 80’s.
My 23 BD came with 5 speakers and a fake subwoofer... because the highly competent Ford supply chain gurus had a shortage of a rare and precious commodity called subwoofers, just like they had a shortage of tow hitches. Installing a much better Kicker subwoofer and the amp came to about $250. The vehicle is so noisy that I see little point in spending money on a fancy sound system, but we each are entitled to make our one choices.
Sponsored

JCook

Outer Banks
First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How about the Ford slide-out cargo gizmo that claims to let you stretch out for sleeping in the Bronco or sitting on it, like a tailgate? We looked long and hard at adding one while doing the "Build and Price" at the dealer's. I thought it would be like sitting on the tailgate, enjoying the view, and having a cold one as we do on my truck. The wife objected that it was not solid enough to be functional and was overpriced, which I agreed with, and we decided against it. Did we do the right thing? Does anybody have one who likes it?
I have and use it all the time. I sit on it, the cooler sits on it, etc. I am very glad I got it.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do they make those dumb angry headlights for the Bronco yet like I see on the Jeeps? I serious hate those more than I should. LOL I automatically think the driver is an idiot. Please tell me they don't exist for the Bronco. If they do then that is the dumbest accessory.
Every time I see one of those hideous things I wonder; Instead of stickers, do they come with a starter pack of 3 of those stupid ducks.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Possibly the most unused accessory item? ;)

Shackle.jpg
I used to run my truck with nipple rings, but once I heard them called that, they came off the same day.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol, the 'I wish I had a Raptor' grill lights. Silliest trend across all off-road vehicles imo.
I have never understood why someone would want to voluntarily comply with a government mandate that does not apply to them. Crazy.

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll +1 the official tailgate table.
Didn't like the requirement to drill holes in sheetmetal.
Even with a good amount of mechanical experience, it was difficult confidently getting the holes EXACTLY square.
Included fasteners are low quality
The shimming used to get it plumb feel like an afterthought.

Maybe it's great for full-out camping, but if you have access to a picnic table you're gonna use that instead. Even when working on the car, I just use the cargo area to hold whatever I have going on.

---
Ours has the nipple rings, but black-on-black. Mostly for pulling cars out of snow during winter. Used it once to pull a buried Prius out of the mud at my mom's house.

---
My wife tried putting on those 'trail sight overlay' stickers from Stickerfab on. It's a thin sticker that goes over a very textured surface including embossed text. It won't look good. We've had really good luck with the door handle pocket insert though

Last edited:

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mudflaps, the rear were broken on my first "real" trail and I tore them off the rest of the way half way through the day; the mounting hardware is still in place. The fronts broke too, cracked but are still in place and keep the rock off the area between sliders so I left them on for now.

These would have been better for a lot less and would have been easy to drill and mount using same mounting holes/screws that the "Bronco" ones at less cost. And they are flexible compared to the Mabett/IAG type.

https://www.amazon.com/Plasticolor-Ford-Oval-Logo-Guard/dp/B0002NIJQC/ref=sr_1_1?crid=102Q3LWMVJ660&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.ykOvKSyIibQN-Z80sQxbqmqStyTQxb9946Kzs0Khmt6CKrOkyzDPAyys9mPVs2G4AbLZVZEBg82dDKr8wQxUHnkPpUBACobRsQocrnMWqG8HnUg5-u7Y1e13l472r0KjUGcdupsuh9KvjRZBE2RDno51s3P_WDNrdvQRHo0o13LCeK43Wljga9uu9QOz8Xkvrvf4t57_JKJRGHB1g1tZF887yjRGJq8zyQ5g8ksqUgRFJjhT2SdPZ_aiZruNl9lwemLnwq7VugmRELdNEGHifgjiDEssqglIaq8-ncw98c4.7f9OkwaDsPSXAReXdvA3Zx5Gpc2nk824mKrWUFY5gs0&dib_tag=se&keywords=ford+mudflaps&qid=1713842015&sprefix=ford+mudflaps,aps,684&sr=8-1

$30 for two v $130 for all four Mabett. The rear flaps are really for the person behind you, so don't follow too closely... I replaced with a "Warning keep back! My Sasquatch like to throw rocks" sticker.
broken flap.jpg

That's like posting a 'Beware of Dog' sign on your porch. People want to know what the big deal is until they don't.

Roc_Cero8

Wildtrak
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Add the Ford folding tailgate table. The table itself is decent but requires you drill 4 holes in the tailgate of your new Bronco and the hardware Ford supplies to mount it once you’ve drilled those holes is garbage.
I completely agree there are way better options. The Ford Tailgate Table is absolute garbage. I agree the hardware sucks, the install is not easy, and opening holes into a vehicle that took so long to get is painful. Use your Ford points on something else...

Sponsored

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have an accessory I never put on I as decided I did not need it, so don't like it as I wasted money. Personalized badges to replace your OEM fender trim badges. Before they arrived I took of my BD fender badges. Decided I liked the clean look so well I left it clean. I must be the only one as all I see are OEM or aftermarket fender badges in pics on here.
What custom badge did you get, depending on the style I could take them off your hands.

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What custom badge did you get, depending on the style I could take them off your hands.
Well, it's already customized with "STORMTROOPER". That's the one word spelling from Star Wars and I have a white Bronco with all the black trim. I think I'll hold on to them in case I ever feel like a different look. Here's what I got if anyone is interested in the look customized to their taste:
https://ikonicbadges.com/products/f...om-text-mountains-fits-2021-bronco®-badlands®

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 23 BD came with 5 speakers and a fake subwoofer... because the highly competent Ford supply chain gurus had a shortage of a rare and precious commodity called subwoofers, just like they had a shortage of tow hitches. Installing a much better Kicker subwoofer and the amp came to about $250. The vehicle is so noisy that I see little point in spending money on a fancy sound system, but we each are entitled to make our one choices.
Yeah, they go the extra mile to put a fake in the corner for whatever reason I don't know. The factory is junk, but for $5K you too can have a system that your wife can hear inside when coming down the street with no outside noise even with the top off lol!

Last edited:

Jack D

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Jeep Liberty 6MT, 93 Explorer 2dr 5MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ordered these door sill guards (first pic) off Amazon. They're rugged, cover the edges, and look great IMO but they're too thick and rubbed against the door bottom. This required extra force to close the door. In fairness, my driver's side door alignment is slightly low (even after an attempted fix) so you may or may not get the same results.

I didn't want to have to "slam" the door with the flimsy widow glass up, so I replaced them with thinner StickerFab carbon fibre guards (second pic) that also cover the edges. Best $14 investment yet!

Ford Bronco (fun list!) Bronco accessories to be avoided! (keep it friendly) IMG_0261.JPG

Ford Bronco (fun list!) Bronco accessories to be avoided! (keep it friendly) StickerFab
Sponsored