First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
A bunch of us did it at Bronco Safari last May. Many is us thought the entrance to Hells Gate was exhilarating and almost scarier than the exit. We had a great spotter. When we did the staircase none of us had done it since it had been closed for many years. It was quite a challenge as well great times. Beautiful pictures thanks for sharing.
Sponsored

Retro7924

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 5.0 LX Vert. 2014 Challenger Shaker
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

More info on your camper, please.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice pictures of Tombstone Rock - I’ll need to run Lost World when I’m back there this fall.

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hell's Gate is all about the line. Right line, easy, wrong line, disaster. If you haven't done it before, you really do need a good spotter. It really doesn't matter if you have a 4 door, a 2 door or a RZR, it is all about the line.

desibull

Black Diamond
First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome pics and videos!! A few questions for you. What is the antenna you are using? Which brand is your offroad camper? Does that additional antenna make a big difference in signal amplification?

Sponsored

roboticsrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We had a good campsite over looking some dunes. The sleeper was a big win after driving all day didn't need to set up any tents.

20240310_170222.jpg

We hit the Lost World trail and they made me lead since I had signal, but I was also able to download an offline map and upload GPX files into OnX. It was a really fun trail https://www.rr4w.com/trail-details.cfm?trailid=85 - lots of good desert running and a mix of crawling.

20240311_122618.jpg
PXL_20240311_174642948.jpg

PXL_20240311_193945187.jpg

The next day we hit Hell's Revenge and various features. I ran it stock, it went fine. Just didn't have any fast portions. :( But I was able to complete Hell's Gate and the Staircase. Ol' GlueBoy does a good job.
20240312_121238.jpg

20240312_141659.jpg

20240312_142926.jpg

I had to modify the video for it to upload properly on the forums. You can check out the whole thing on my instagram in my signature. Please give me feedback - I'd like to know how to crawl better. I am more comfortable with desert running.

PXL_20240312_222437090.jpg
Great video and great build!

OP
OP
GlueBoy

GlueBoy

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A bunch of us did it at Bronco Safari last May. Many is us thought the entrance to Hells Gate was exhilarating and almost scarier than the exit. We had a great spotter. When we did the staircase none of us had done it since it had been closed for many years. It was quite a challenge as well great times. Beautiful pictures thanks for sharing.
Yeah the entrance is wild, I much rather leave via the exit ahah! There's a dip in staircase that was rough for the entire crew but that was a fun feature. Moab is a fun journey.

OP
OP
GlueBoy

GlueBoy

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
GlueBoy

GlueBoy

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice pictures of Tombstone Rock - I’ll need to run Lost World when I’m back there this fall.
That trail has some really scenic views. We ran it backwards once we passed Tombstone Rock so the more challenging features took place last but that made it fun.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GlueBoy

GlueBoy

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hell's Gate is all about the line. Right line, easy, wrong line, disaster. If you haven't done it before, you really do need a good spotter. It really doesn't matter if you have a 4 door, a 2 door or a RZR, it is all about the line.
It indeed was my first time. The jeeps in front of me kept slipping on the passenger side so I made sure to stay high. Our spotter was good so that helped. I need to figure out why I kicked up there at the end, I see my rear driver wheel did dip. I just don’t know which line I should have taken.

OP
OP
GlueBoy

GlueBoy

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome pics and videos!! A few questions for you. What is the antenna you are using? Which brand is your offroad camper? Does that additional antenna make a big difference in signal amplification?
Weboots had like a 40% discount during overland expo
https://www.weboost.com/products/drive-reach-overland
Took advantage of it. It really does a great job - I was parked at Skyline Arch in Arches and had zero service, I flipped the antenna up and turned on the unit and got 10 mbps down. I was able to keep signal the entire time through Lost World while others in the crew kept losing it. It did a fantastic job.

The trailer was a https://www.tcteardrops.com/
rented via https://www.campingelevated.com/

I will be looking into purchasing one later in the year, it was a good sleeper.

OP
OP
GlueBoy

GlueBoy

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It indeed was my first time. The jeeps in front of me kept slipping on the passenger side so I made sure to stay high. Our spotter was good so that helped. I need to figure out why I kicked up there at the end, I see my rear driver wheel did dip. I just don’t know which line I should have taken.
You need to go a a little to the left before the dip and then right to go over the center of the dip. It is not intuitive as it seems wrong when you are doing it, but it works. Ideally your hood should stay level (left to right, not up and down) the entire way. The other key, which you did, is rock crawl. Going too fast is why people roll back down to the bottom. You did a good job. I will bet when your wheel was in the air, there was some pucker factor going on.
Sponsored