Sponsored

Gas Prices Are Still Dropping With No Signs Of Stopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jumped twenty five cents in a week in Maryland. BTW, Maryland fuel tax is obscene.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was shocked to fill up at $2.35/gallon in Marble Falls, TX when I attended the Off-Roadeo on Dec. 12th. Since returning home to FL, it is at $3.29 which is still cheaper than last summer, but it stings a bit knowing that it was almost a full $1 cheaper less than a month ago.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Paid $3.07 on Sunday in Cle Elum, WA (central cascades), just paid $3.34 at the same place. Still almost $1.50 cheaper than in the Seattle area

Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The types of comments on this thread would have looked FAR different just 6 months ago. Looks like everyone is back on the "supply and demand" dictate gas prices train and off the "let's fit my agenda" train :sneaky:

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Paid $3.07 on Sunday in Cle Elum, WA (central cascades), just paid $3.34 at the same place. Still almost $1.50 cheaper than in the Seattle area
Still not a great price. Hoping for a break in all these gas price increases.

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was shocked to fill up at $2.35/gallon in Marble Falls, TX when I attended the Off-Roadeo on Dec. 12th. Since returning home to FL, it is at $3.29 which is still cheaper than last summer, but it stings a bit knowing that it was almost a full $1 cheaper less than a month ago.
Agreed, hopefully they go back down, but only time will tell.

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The types of comments on this thread would have looked FAR different just 6 months ago. Looks like everyone is back on the "supply and demand" dictate gas prices train and off the "let's fit my agenda" train :sneaky:
Not quite.

The only thing keeping fuel prices down is the alarmingly large drawdown on the Strategic Oil Reserve. This reserve was set up to deal with acute fuel shortages due to war, embargoes and/or catastrophic weather damage, but has instead been drawn down to meet demand and keep voters happy.

It’s a runaway train that’s almost at the end of the track, and it will crash. The US is only producing about 13 million barrels/day and consumes all of it, so there is no way to replenish the reserve without importing fuel as long as the current administration is set on killing the oil industry. So, once the reserve is tapped out, expect shortages and price spikes.

Details:

US Strategic Oil Reserve....to be used in times or catastrophic weather/war.
Coming up on a full year.
Weekly update from DOE.

Still being drained in an attempt to artificially fix a shortage of oil.

Last 6 weeks:

•Week 48....1.4mb draw
•Week 49.... 2.07mb draw
•Week 50.... 4.7 mb draw
•Week 51.... 3.6 mb draw
•Week 52.... 3.5 mb draw
•Week 1 ...2023....2.7mb draw.

Total draw about 228 million barrles. This will end and it will need to be returned. US is only capable of producing 13 million barrels a day, and it's all used every single day with zero "spare" to pay back. The US would need to come up with a million barrles per day of extra capacity to pay it back in nearly a year. Which it doesn't have.

Hence, inflation has not been addressed with supply. It's been addressed with an I.O.U.

26C8665E-562A-4059-878F-CFF7565BDDF3.jpeg

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not seeing it much out here on the left coast!

Still $4.30 per gallon for premium and $4.85 for diesel in Reno, NV. I just spent a month in AZ and the price for premium gas south of the Tucson area was $.50 to $.80 less (around $3.40) than in parts of NW AZ while diesel was still mid to high $4’s. Cross the border into NV and the price jumps, but at least we don’t have state income tax in NV; they extract it from you somehow……

CA prices suck, too…

My wife paid $7 for a dozen eggs at a Winco (discount grocery chain) in Las Vegas earlier this week.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not quite.

The only thing keeping fuel prices down is the alarmingly large drawdown on the Strategic Oil Reserve. This reserve was set up to deal with acute fuel shortages due to war, embargoes and/or catastrophic weather damage, but has instead been drawn down to meet demand and keep voters happy.

It’s a runaway train that’s almost at the end of the track, and it will crash. The US is only producing about 13 million barrels/day and consumes all of it, so there is no way to replenish the reserve without importing fuel as long as the current administration is set on killing the oil industry. So, once the reserve is tapped out, expect shortages and price spikes.

Details:

US Strategic Oil Reserve....to be used in times or catastrophic weather/war.
Coming up on a full year.
Weekly update from DOE.

Still being drained in an attempt to artificially fix a shortage of oil.

Last 6 weeks:

•Week 48....1.4mb draw
•Week 49.... 2.07mb draw
•Week 50.... 4.7 mb draw
•Week 51.... 3.6 mb draw
•Week 52.... 3.5 mb draw
•Week 1 ...2023....2.7mb draw.

Total draw about 228 million barrles. This will end and it will need to be returned. US is only capable of producing 13 million barrels a day, and it's all used every single day with zero "spare" to pay back. The US would need to come up with a million barrles per day of extra capacity to pay it back in nearly a year. Which it doesn't have.

Hence, inflation has not been addressed with supply. It's been addressed with an I.O.U.

26C8665E-562A-4059-878F-CFF7565BDDF3.jpeg
the US averages consumption of 20 million barrels a day. I appreciate your math, but drawing 42,000 barrels a day or 0.21% of total consumption (from your peak number) from the SPR isn’t gonna make a dent my man and you can’t convince me otherwise. Even when the SPR was tapped 9 months ago experts estimated a drop of 5 cents, yet here we are $2 lower than the summer. The only thing that’s changed is a recession and lower oil consumption. No need to overcomplicate.

Last edited:

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the US averages consumption of 20 million barrels a day. I appreciate your math, but drawing 42,000 barrels a day or 0.21% of total consumption (from your peak number) from the SPR isn’t gonna make a dent my man and you can’t convince me otherwise. Even when the SPR was tapped 9 months ago experts estimated a drop of 5 cents, yet here we are $2 lower than the summer. The only thing that’s changed is a recession and lower oil consumption. No need to overcomplicate.
I see the data otherwise, but no matter. Time will tell. I hope I’m wrong!

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see the data otherwise, but no matter. Time will tell. I hope I’m wrong!
Let’s put this in bronco speak. Ford has just announced that they’ve acquired between 0.15% and 0.21% additional constrained parts from an alternative supplier. Would you expect any material change to your build date? Lol
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.