Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Arcadia, VW Tiguan, Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Has anyone found a good solution for storing a jerry can of gas for emergencies? One that you can keep for awhile??? I saw a prepper strap 2 cans to either side of the spare and that looked weird I know if I get a roof rack I could do something but it makes the vehicle very tall.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone found a good solution for storing a jerry can of gas for emergencies? One that you can keep for awhile??? I saw a prepped strap 2 cans to either side of the spare and that looked weird I know if I get a roof rack I could do something but it makes the vehicle very tall.
I've been looking at the rotopax ez tire, and two 3 gallon gas cans. I haven't seen any easier ones out there yet for storing petrol outside of the truck. There are some being developed now that would allow storage by the rear side windows. I haven't replaced my rear bumper yet, so mounting there isn't an option.

Sponsored

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
True, expensive but Iā€™ve seen people blow money for dumber things on here šŸ˜‚

Or there is the trailrax fuel storage, forgot about it

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/trailrax-pak-rax-for-the-ford-bronco.27456/
My real world reason for not getting any roof rack is it won't fit in my garage at home , and as a filmmaker, we park in all kinds of parking structures and locations all over the city. And if your vehicle doesn't fit, its parking at base camp or some turkey like that.

Tripodbruno

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma(no more) F-250, Hiker Trailer, Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You could buy some Tru fuel in sealed cans. Itā€™s expensive but is ethanol free so it will last. You could store it in the rear floor storage.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/TRUFUEL-1-...eVeG-yuBfC8C2dW-mNwaApJjEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Tru-Fuel and similar runs around $24/gal near me. Another option would be ethanol free fuel from the pump. "Maverick' gas stations and some others have it. I buy ethanol free for any tool, or vehicle that is going to sit for awhile. It usually runs similar to diesel/gal in price.

Sponsored

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
we are the creators of the Hammer Built rotopax mount with tail gate reinforcement. Happy to answer any questions about it and listen to any feedback!

OP
OP
Luterdan

Luterdan

Raptor
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Arcadia, VW Tiguan, Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

we are the creators of the Hammer Built rotopax mount with tail gate reinforcement. Happy to answer any questions about it and listen to any feedback!
Thanks, I'm just gathering info right now as I wait for my Bronco

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What is the largest capacity fuel can that your bracket can hold, (I have a 2 door Wildtrak) and still be able to open the tailgate all the way? Thanks.
Sponsored