Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, after almost two years of Bronco ownership, I am still searching for the right top solution. I currently run the Jtop bimini sunshade, which is ideal for 90% of my use. I really am impressed with the Jtop bimini. The downside to the Jtop bimini is it is not waterproof when it rains, or when I am in muddy conditions. After a trip that involved some pretty good mudding, I had to remove the bimini top to wash off the large mud clumps that landed on the roof. For my situation, I don’t need rear windows and would like a “safari” top that could be used year-round. Is there a top solution that will provide water-proof protection up to the C pillar? In essence, the same coverage as a Jtop bimini, just waterproof.

I was hopeful that Bestop would have introduced a solution by now. The trektop seems to be a decent option, but I don’t want/need the rear windows and I am not interested in sunrider feature for a convertible roof. Alternatively, I could take my factory soft top and see if I could resize and modify to cover just the cab. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howdy. Your best bet is go to a sail maker and have them make you one. I have not seen any solution to this. I am wanting something like this also. I run the Jtops as well on a two door. I have been wanting to do this, but I just don't have the cash flow right now to make it happen.

OP
OP
Tataman

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for weighing in. I will have to brainstorm or do some searching to see if there are any sail makers in my area. I was wondering if an upholstery shop might be able to customize something also. 🤔

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What’s wrong with just running the OEM soft-top (or Bestop) with the rear windows removed? 🤷‍♂️

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for weighing in. I will have to brainstorm or do some searching to see if there are any sail makers in my area. I was wondering if an upholstery shop might be able to customize something also. 🤔
I would hope a good upholstery shop could do it. I was looking at dropping down right behind the front seats of the 2 door with a clear piece in the middle that would allow me to see out the back.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tataman

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What’s wrong with just running the OEM soft-top (or Bestop) with the rear windows removed? 🤷‍♂️
Factory soft would function, but the weight of the top and finding a friend to help install and uninstall takes time and effort. Also, soft top has worn paint from c pillar in several areas. I am not a fan of the soft top.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Factory soft would function, but the weight of the top and finding a friend to help install and uninstall takes time and effort. Also, soft top has worn paint from c pillar in several areas. I am not a fan of the soft top.
I think you just end up almost with a soft top once you start waterproofing it. The connection at the windshield would need seals and some rigidity. The rest of the top would need something to give it shape so that the water would be channeled to the sides. Of course, those sides need to also not drop water into the cabin. Finally, it all has to be strong enough to not blow apart when you go 70 down the highway.

Not saying it can’t be done, but it’s going to take some engineering to do it right.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reach out to the boat dealers, marinas etc and find out who is making boat covers in your area.
They'll be able to make what you have in mind.
They could probably market it once they make one !!!!

....and I swear there is a sun shade/bimini maker making what you are describing for the Bronco already.
A "canvas type" bikini top. , right?
Lemme dig around a bit ...

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

SumBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, and it's a bit pricey, but you might want to check out https://broncobikini.com/. There's some review posts on this site as well if you do a search.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, and it's a bit pricey, but you might want to check out https://broncobikini.com/. There's some review posts on this site as well if you do a search.
LOL, kickass!!! Looks like I need to update my saved sites folder.

OP
OP
Tataman

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model