First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"All of the sudden" is the problem with this argument. There will be no all of the sudden. That should be obvious. The argument detractors are making is that there will be no change in the power infrastructure over the next 30-50 years.
Sponsored

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
even with the shitty lithium ion batteries electric cars , as of today , are better performing than ice cars.
I've got 12 KW of solar production on our house so I am all in on alternative energy, but saying electric vehicles out-perform ICE vehicles in a blanket statement is true and false at the same time. While electrics have performance advantages in power, torque, acceleration, there other performance areas they don't. Nascar, F1, Indy, grand prix, are all performance based racing, an electric vehicle would not perform better in those races. So no, electric isn't always the Performance champ.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've got 12 KW of solar production on our house so I am all in on alternative energy, but saying electric vehicles out-perform ICE vehicles in a blanket statement is true and false at the same time. While electrics have performance advantages in power, torque, acceleration, there other performance areas they don't. Nascar, F1, Indy, grand prix, are all performance based racing, an electric vehicle would not perform better in those races. So no, electric isn't always the Performance champ.
That's still primarily an energy storage/battery problem. F1 cars are technically hybrids and have a goal of carbon neutrality by 2030. A graphene based battery could potentially deliver power much quicker than anything available right now and provide race car levels of performance, for example. Racing technology is certainly much further off than what's require on a consumer level though.

Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think in the next 5 years a large portion of the new car market will be hybrid/electric. Then as the demand for more charging stations increases the demand for a more robust power grid will also increase. In 10 years the only gas powered vehicles on the road will be used, in 20 years they'll be like seeing a classic car on the road. Fairly uncommon.

I was planning on getting the rumored Hybrid, but I decided to get the 21'Bronco because I may not see a hybrid for 2 model years and my current car will have lost its prime value by then.

Thinking electric isn't the future is like saying that no one is going to give up their horse drawn carriage as their "daily driver"

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Closed minded? Not at all. Just not into discussing the power plant. It’s not relevant.
And yet...you keep posting.

Just as solar/wind is not a viable alternative to traditional power generation, I don’t believe electric vehicles will ever be a superior choice to ICEs.
Seems like you dislike renewable energy and electric vehicles. Strange.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And yet...you keep posting.

Seems like you dislike renewable energy and electric vehicles. Strange.
Just as you keep posting, strange.
I dislike unreliable forms of energy. Just as any other intelligent person. ??‍♂

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And rolling blackouts show what your vaunted plan is worth. ???
We had rolling blackouts during one of the hottest weeks on record, and you think solar/wind is the problem? I think you're missing the bigger picture, my dude.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We had rolling blackouts during one of the hottest weeks on record, and you think solar/wind is the problem? I think you're missing the bigger picture, my dude.
Yes, it was the exact problem. How do you not realize that? Greater reliance on technologies that are completely ineffective when you need them most are completely asinine.

Sponsored

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just as you keep posting, strange.
I dislike unreliable forms of energy. Just as any other intelligent person. ??‍♂
LOL you're funny.

I'm personally holding out for a PHEV Bronco. It's going to be the tits, and what better way to use the excess capacity from my roof solar???

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL you're funny.

I'm personally holding out for a PHEV Bronco. It's going to be the tits, and what better way to use the excess capacity from my roof solar???
Glad your ignorance can bring you enjoyment. ?

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The horse and buggy analogy doesn't apply and certainly shouldn't be used as a comparison. The labor, food, shoes, animals needing a rest, etc; made motorized transport so much more efficient. The discussion really is what will the primary power provider to a cars wheels. Buying a new gasoline or hybrid will be an option for quite awhile.

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And the limitations of electric vehicles are already mostly imaginary at this point

With a 300 mile range and the chance to"fill up" at home overnight, it's a rare day that won't be good enough. And if it's not good enough there are charging stations out there.

Ever get in your gas car and realize you have to go gas up on your way to run your errands? That's really annoying if you're in a hurry. With electric you can start every day with a full tank

And oil changes too, I can't be bothered to deal with used oil anymore so now I pay to have it done. That's 2,3 maybe 4 days a year where you're wasting half a day at the mechanic. Electric gives you those days back

And if you want to go on a big roadtrip, I can call Avis and get a car for $30 a day.....
What if you forget to charge your car over night, now you’re inconvenienced for hours instead of a couple minutes.

I’m not opposed to electric but for my personal use it’s not there yet. For my work van maybe but then I’d probably have to park it at the shop so it could be charged every night. Would suck when on call
Sponsored