Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Trucker pay hasn't been this good in a long, long time.

And it's only going up.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah ive been monitoring this situation its going to be weird, I hope it nothing like the gas crisis during carter years.

Luckily most of us wont have our broncos
Or the. Nixon years

Sponsored

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another bit of quality journalism…

In the first paragraph the story talks about the scarcity of drivers, in the next they say they’re having the drivers deliver for Amazon to keep them busy.

Then the author concludes that as people are allowed to travel (travel bans lifted) people will travel more and use more gas and this could cause shortages as distribution ramps up.

Maybe I should submit a story on the increasing use of Air Conditioning as the weather warms up.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

And it's only going up.
Now we just need the actual truckers. There’s such a shortage and will continue to be a shortage until self driving trucks are fully deployed.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And it's only going up.
I’m a company driver, we had our best year last year believe it or not (aggregate company with over 100 years in business), my buddy is an owner operator and mileage rates are as much as 2.5 times the norm right now. He’s making a killing. There already weren’t enough quality commercial drivers available, and now with so many not wanting to go back it’s even worse.

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Now we just need the actual truckers. There’s such a shortage and will continue to be a shortage until self driving trucks are fully deployed.
Don't count on self -driving trucks any time soon. Companies, lawmakers, and insurance agencies are not fond of the risks attached to them, and the technology isn't even good enough yet.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m a company driver, we had our best year last year believe it or not (aggregate company with over 100 years in business), my buddy is an owner operator and mileage rates are as much as 2.5 times the norm right now. He’s making a killing. There already weren’t enough quality commercial drivers available, and now with so many not wanting to go back it’s even worse.
It's going to stay this way for a while. There's a stigma against truck drivers (and honestly, a lot of them deserve it) that people don't want to be associated with. But damn, they're making a killing and nobody else is stepping up to the plate to hit the road.

If you're stressed out making less than $60k a year, then boy do I have some good news for you: you can make more money staring out a window all day.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's going to stay this way for a while. There's a stigma against truck drivers (and honestly, a lot of them deserve it) that people don't want to be associated with. But damn, they're making a killing and nobody else is stepping up to the plate to hit the road.

If you're stressed out making less than $60k a year, then boy do I have some good news for you: you can make more money staring out a window all day.
Yep. I’m not doing half bad driving 164,000 lbs of this all day. Lol.
Ford Bronco Gas stations running out of gas! 0357A59B-BEA6-4CEB-9400-480DEFF6C53C
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.