broncobeth

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My 2021 OuterBanks Bronco has been at the dealership for 2 months now for gateway module failure. Initially I was told a new part was needed, had been ordered, then backordered and now the update is that there is no part. Rather the engineering team is working on fixing the part. A seemingly indefinite timeline. I initially thought as mine was one of earlier Broncos and therefore earlier module, this would be rectified w/ newer vehicles/modules but I've read people with 2023 having same issue at only a few hundred miles. . .

Has anyone had this gateway module failure and successfully received replacement module with a now running truck?

And, anyone know if the modules are interchangeable?
Sponsored

mocktheworld

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1990 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
my gateway module went after having mine for 2 weeks. it took them 5 weeks to get a new one in. the plus side was once the module showed up its a quick install and test drive and you'll get the car back. no programming required just an install. sorry for that inconvenience, I feel your pain.

OP
OP

broncobeth

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
my gateway module went after having mine for 2 weeks. it took them 5 weeks to get a new one in. the plus side was once the module showed up its a quick install and test drive and you'll get the car back. no programming required just an install. sorry for that inconvenience, I feel your pain.
Thanks for your response! I'm glad you got yours back. Did this happen recently for you?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My 2021 OuterBanks Bronco has been at the dealership for 2 months now for gateway module failure. Initially I was told a new part was needed, had been ordered, then backordered and now the update is that there is no part. Rather the engineering team is working on fixing the part. A seemingly indefinite timeline. I initially thought as mine was one of earlier Broncos and therefore earlier module, this would be rectified w/ newer vehicles/modules but I've read people with 2023 having same issue at only a few hundred miles. . .

Has anyone had this gateway module failure and successfully received replacement module with a now running truck?

Hey there! Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to take a closer look into your Bronco's module issues on my end.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious what symptoms occur when it dies? Is it still drivable? Does just affect Ford pass & any updates?

Thanks for the insight & GLWTR 🤠

ML's Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

My '21 has been at the dealer since 6/13... today is 10/20. They finally they replaced the entire wiring harness, hoping that would fix it, but now it's the Gateway Module which has been on backorder since Sept 18th. Did you get your Gateway Module replacement yet??

OP
OP

broncobeth

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No replacement and nothing on its way. I filed a ford claim and actually more helpful was the better business bureau. It got approved for buyback but big lowball on offer. Seems pretty impossible to get a replacement vehicle especially with current rates. Not to mention the initial one year wait to get the vehicle in first place. Huge bummer with Ford honestly.

ML's Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No replacement and nothing on its way. I filed a ford claim and actually more helpful was the better business bureau. It got approved for buyback but big lowball on offer. Seems pretty impossible to get a replacement vehicle especially with current rates. Not to mention the initial one year wait to get the vehicle in first place. Huge bummer with Ford honestly.
Thanks for the reply.. yes, terribly disappointed with Ford. No loaner, no reasonable rental option... just wait and we'll get the part someday. The strike maybe extending the issue as well. But the lack of customer service is stunning. So many people I've talked to about this say, never Ford...
Good luck, and I'll ping you back when/if the Gateway Module comes in...

OP
OP

broncobeth

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You should be getting a rental at least! Is yours still under warranty? I would submit a ford claim if you haven’t

Sponsored

ML's Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You should be getting a rental at least! Is yours still under warranty? I would submit a ford claim if you haven’t
Yes, still under warranty. They offered $45.00 per day for a rental IF the rental was a Ford. If not, They'd pay $40.00 per day. Such a joke. The cheapest rental I can get in NW Connecticut is $89.00 plus Tax. so almost $100.00 a day leaving me with $55.00 per day out of pocket.
I've had my Bronco 11 days since June 13th. so I'd be out $6,600 if I took their subsidy. Luckily friends and family have lent us cars. Ford just doesn't care about their customers. I tell everyone I know to stay away from buying a Ford. A year wait for this Bronco, $46,000 cash and this is what I get...

OP
OP

broncobeth

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the reply.. yes, terribly disappointed with Ford. No loaner, no reasonable rental option... just wait and we'll get the part someday. The strike maybe extending the issue as well. But the lack of customer service is stunning. So many people I've talked to about this say, never Ford...
Good luck, and I'll ping you back when/if the Gateway Module comes in...
Did you end up going buyback route or planning to wait it out for the gateway module? I got an update that there is no update from my dealer yesterday in terms of part ETA

OP
OP

broncobeth

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey just wondering timeline of yours. When yours failed and when you got replacement part. Mine has been in shop since July and still no ETA on replacement
Sponsored