First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
watch this video. Pay attention to what the engineer said. He talks about how the exhaust sounded so good that some test mules running around in Detroit was thought to have a V8
It still sounds terrible. In my opinion there is no auto manufacturer in the world that has been able to make a turbo V6 that sounds good. They make incredible power but they all sound off.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
you have heard the gen3 raptor exhaust in person? Please give me more details?

It still sounds terrible. In my opinion there is no auto manufacturer in the world that has been able to make a turbo V6 that sounds good. They make incredible power but they all sound off.

Last edited:

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Iā€™m interested in a base raptor with a couple options.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You know the drill >> Find a dealer with an allocation and custom order a Raptor. You will never find a base Raptor on the lot. Dealers order every option when they order for stock.

The irony is that (or anyone that wants a Raptor) I have a better chance getting an allocation for GEN3 Raptor then I do for a Bronco.

I am on the wait list for my Bronco (late reservation so 2022), Raptor and Warthog at the same dealership. Even though there is no info on the Warthog, my dealerships knows I want one.

The later I get pushed out for the Bronco the better as I want the Warthog anyway so hopefully Ford will spill the beans soon and give us more info.

Iā€™m interested in a base raptor with a couple options.

Last edited:

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

37s comes with bigger Fox live shocks and the rear sub-frame is slightly different so a truck with 35s will not accommodate 37s later.

also you can't carry a 37 spare on a 35 equipped truck.
that's debatable given the Raptor has a bed.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Of course you can carry your spare in the bed and most guys who off road hard do it for 2 reasons.

1 - under certain conditions you have better clearance when the tire is not under the truck
2 - a spare in the bed is much easier to access when you have a flat

BUT Then you lose 70% of your bed as the tire is always there and even if you remove your spare for driving around town, you most likely have some sort of spare tire mount to properly strap down your spare when it is the bed.

that's debatable given the Raptor has a bed.

Last edited:

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
to the untrained eye yes. But I own a 2019 and there are some BIG differences. And the interior is completely different.

BTW .. the GEN3 Raptor will offer 37s. It will be the 1st prod truck with 37s. And you can't order 35s and install 37s later.

37s from the factory is crazy town.
Well 2nd production truck for America, just the first by one of the big 3.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah, after seeing what Ford has done, I am very happy I decided to not get a Bronco and turn that money towards Gen 3 in a few years. Still loving my Gen 2 but factory 37s and a V8 in the Raptor R....you only live once.

Ford had the A game for the Bronco, no doubt...Gen 3 is a whole different level.

This was one of 8 jumps that day....try that TRX....

Sponsored

Jchetty

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Tacoma, 00 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

37s comes with bigger Fox live shocks and the rear sub-frame is slightly different so a truck with 35s will not accommodate 37s later.

also you can't carry a 37 spare on a 35 equipped truck.
Exactly. The Fox live shocks also lose some travel. I also read that the front spring perch is in a different location.

While Iā€™m hesitant about the twin-turbo(as I do all my maintenance), Ford nailed it. I also believe that pretty soon these trucks will be too expensive for me to afford.

I am crunching numbers- will probably have to sell my Lightning but I am really considering one.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You do lose an inch of travel with 37s. I think 35s with the gen3 would be the sweet spot!

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Exactly. The Fox live shocks also lose some travel. I also read that the front spring perch is in a different location.

While Iā€™m hesitant about the twin-turbo(as I do all my maintenance), Ford nailed it. I also believe that pretty soon these trucks will be too expensive for me to afford.

I am crunching numbers- will probably have to sell my Lightning but I am really considering one.
I have enough between my Raptor and my cancelled Bronco fund to get a gen 3, just wondering if I should sell a kidney for the V8 version....

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most people can probably get a Raptor sooner than a Bronco. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Just saying

jasonf

First Edition
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have enough between my Raptor and my cancelled Bronco fund to get a gen 3, just wondering if I should sell a kidney for the V8 version....
Rumor from raptor engineer expect Raptor R starting at $70k without options. I would not expect any A-X plan discount or lease option , with taxes/options/ that dealer mark up , can easy be in the $90-100k + range .
Sponsored