Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does anyone think the 800a will start in the upper 50s?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
if you want to go slow .. yes. The Raptor will spank the tremor.

BUT I agree, at that price point the tremor is better value BUT based on performance .. the Raptor would eat the tremor for breakfast.

Watch the TFL video where they interviewed the head engineer. At one point, the engineer said his team could all drive the Gen1 and Gen2 off-road with no issue BUT with the GEN3, some of them could not keep up. In that, the GEN3 limits was beyond what the driver could do. WOW!

At that point you might as well get the Tremor and have a 7.3L.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You do lose an inch of travel with 37s. I think 35s with the gen3 would be the sweet spot!
for my purposes, Iā€™d rather have the ground clearance of the 37s

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

BUT I agree, at that price point the tremor is better value BUT based on performance .. the Raptor would eat the tremor for breakfast.

Watch the TFL video where they interviewed the head engineer. At one point, the engineer said his team could all drive the Gen1 and Gen2 off-road with no issue BUT with the GEN3, some of them could not keep up. In that, the GEN3 limits was beyond what the driver could do. WOW!
I was thinking Tremor after my Gen 2...now that Iā€™ve seen the Gen3, I donā€™t want a Tremor...

Jchetty

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Tacoma, 00 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rumor from raptor engineer expect Raptor R starting at $70k without options. I would not expect any A-X plan discount or lease option , with taxes/options/ that dealer mark up , can easy be in the $90-100k + range .

The Five link rear suspension is a game-changer. Ford does it again.

Nobody will by an off-road sport truck- Fordā€ Hold my beerā€

Trucks need leaf spring suspension to be a truck- Fordā€ Hold my beerā€

So what other goodies could the Raptor R get that the regular Raptor wonā€™t? I wonder if they are crazy enough to try an IRS...

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Five link rear suspension is a game-changer. Ford does it again.

Nobody will by an off-road sport truck- Fordā€ Hold my beerā€

Trucks need leaf spring suspension to be a truck- Fordā€ Hold my beerā€

So what other goodies could the Raptor R get that the regular Raptor wonā€™t? I wonder if they are crazy enough to try an IRS...
Ram has been 5 link for about 10 years, I donā€™t expect Ford to go IRS and make their halo 150 ā€˜girlyā€™.

Sponsored

Jchetty

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Tacoma, 00 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ram has been 5 link for about 10 years, I donā€™t expect Ford to go IRS and make their halo 150 ā€˜girlyā€™.
Didnā€™t know the Ram had a 5-link. Should of expected it- Dodge has gotten pretty good at one-upping Ford lol.

As for IRS in the Raptor R, that is wild conjecture. But Ford has to do more that just drop a 5.2L supercharged engine.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Didnā€™t know the Ram had a 5-link. Should of expected it- Dodge has gotten pretty good at one-upping Ford lol.

As for IRS in the Raptor R, that is wild conjecture. But Ford has to do more that just drop a 5.2L supercharged engine.
Well the issue with the Ram is that it has a poor payload rating due to the suspension design. But it neednā€™t be that way as the H2 also had a 5-link and had 2,200lbs of payload so itā€™s all about the design.

Just giving the Raptor the V8 would be plenty for most people. I expect there are more people wanting that V8 power curve than there are people ready to jump their brand new $70k truck.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I heard order banks on the Gen 3 Raptor will be opening in May. I already notified my dealer to call me the day they open. I've decided to go with the 37 Package, but hoping they offer a Black interior instead of the fugly blue. It's like ground hog day, Ford and their dang Blue interior. Just because your the blue oval doesn't mean your buyers want blue interiors.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

dont forget in normal times the raptor holds its value significantly better than a normal f150
normal times meaning not this crazy used car market where 100k mile trucks are going for new msrp.
Sponsored