JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to mention that the 2.7 regularly outdrags the 5.0 stock for stock in new F150s.

Every if they offer a 5.0 in the Bronco against all odds, I'd rather have a TT ecoboost V6 myself. I can understand those the V8 want it purely for the engine sound though.
not just engine sound, but the at idle torque before turbos are spooled.
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would say that's the 2-door.
(meaning the beige tarp image)

I've been assuming all along that the beige tarp side-profile image is the 2-door. UNTIL the blue image recently came out. But if these two below represent the BroncoBronco 2 & 4 door, I'm thinking the vehicle roof on the left is almost square - and that certainly isn't the case with the roof of beige tarp image. Therefore it Must match the vehicle below on the right. BUT, I guess we're just reading tea leaves on the blue tarps, as they're not identified.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm reasonably confident those are the 6G Broncos, but if the design wasn't finalized small differences could have existed between the models used for this tarp rendering. One has a slightly curved windshield, the other has some extra contours on the hood, etc. Since they're not all the same there will be something different from them to what we'll actually get from Ford, but we don't know which parts of which heavily shrouded model we'll see in the end.

The design would have been finalized about half way between when those were made and now. Prototypes with the final sheetmetal designs could already exist, but I don't expect Ford to show them to us for a few more months. In the meantime the best we can hope for is probably some 'stolen' images from a dealer meeting or to glean some styling cues from another Ford model.

That won't stop ill informed people from promoting the idea that some nonsense rendering is the most likely direction Ford is taking. Bloggers and automotive 'news' outlets need something to use as a visual to spice up their articles, and they often just slap whatever will get attention onto it.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not to mention that the 2.7 regularly outdrags the 5.0 stock for stock in new F150s.

Every if they offer a 5.0 in the Bronco against all odds, I'd rather have a TT ecoboost V6 myself. I can understand those the V8 want it purely for the engine sound though.
I totally get the nostalgia bunch - I would easily count myself among them if I were affulent enough to be able to enjoy two selections. But purely performance, driveability combined with offroad capability... some of the newer technology is impressive in comparison. Add electric drives and/or Diesel options, there is a lot left to be explored in offroad power/drivetrains if the engineers were allowed to run wild.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, for sure. I mean, I love V8s, that's one of the reasons I have a Vette with a 427. But it's hard to argue with the Ecoboost engines for performance potential right now. Gone are the days of huge turbo lag and peaky power delivery.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can understand those the V8 want it purely for the engine sound though.
When I was a teenager in the '60s everyone wanted one of the throaty muscle cars. But today's engine acoustics are all software enhanced, ergo not the real thing. We're probably not all that far away from a time dashboards might have selector dials enabling drivers to hear whatever acoustics they like. I guess, in theory, you could even have baseball cards fanning against bicycle wheel spokes.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... I guess, in theory, you could even have baseball cards fanning against bicycle wheel spokes.
City streets will be getting quieter with more electrics.

I think we'll have to count on nature and solitude for quiet off road, at least until batteries or other energy storage solutions improve. Hauling in some electrons is rather cumbersome compared to a jug of liquid fuel. One thing the testing by TFL has shown is that the load and drain on batteries causes some major range anxiety in remote locations.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is just not true... the Bronco is coming back as the BRONCO as in the first gen, original Bronco. I do not personally like the 1978+ Broncos and based on used values neither do collectors. The 78+ Broncos are a shell of what they were intended to be and mostly designed as a cost cutting measure to utilize the F-150 platform.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The automakers didn't really seem to have a firm grasp on what characteristics defined SUVs or appealed to consumers. They changed wildly from one generation to the next for many models, and killed several of them off when they were selling 50-100k+ units a year. Compare that to most of the luxury or even premium auto brands like Lincoln or Cadillac whose entire annual sales are often less than one of these models, and it makes no sense.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I do not personally like the 1978+ Broncos and based on used values neither do collectors. The 78+ Broncos are a shell of what they were intended to be and mostly designed as a cost cutting measure to utilize the F-150 platform.
That's why it's tied for second (with another full size SUV, BTW) in the hottest collector vehicle list??
"The 1966–77 Ford Bronco sits atop the Hagerty Vehicle Rating for what seems like the umpteenth time in a
row (we stopped counting), while its younger sibling—the 1978–79 Bronco—is tied for second"

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/06/05/hottest-collector-vehicles-summer-2019

I love EB's, but their utility pails in comparison to 78/79's, except really tight offroad trails (and full removable roof).
Otherwise 78/79's do everything else better. Towing, ride quality, drivetrain stoutness (including bolt in 1 ton rears and
virtually bolt in 1 ton fronts avail), plowing, interior amenities, ability to fit big tires, drop in BB with motor mounts, headers,
and radiator, fit 5 easy (or 6 with front bench), climate control not based on 1947, and the coolest stripe package EVER!!!!!

JS_02.jpg

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is just not true... the Bronco is coming back as the BRONCO as in the first gen, original Bronco.
The original bronco was less than half the lifespan of the Bronco. The Bronco spent MOST of its life as a full size

I do not personally like the 1978+ Broncos.
And we personally do like them. What anyone personally likes means absolutely nothing objectively

and based on used values neither do collectors.
This is a VERY misguided assertion. To think that the simple value of 2 vehicles from completely different time periods at a given point is indicative of how likely it is to raise in value is purely ignorant

I bet if you were alive in the 80s when Shelby was trying to give away Cobra Daytona Coupes for $500 and there was still nobody buying, you would've said that they were the worst collector cars out there and they'd never be worth anything, right?

mostly designed as a cost cutting measure to utilize the F-150 platform.
Oh, you mean like how Ford is cutting costs on development of the new Ranger platform by using it for the Bronco? Hmmmm...
Sponsored