Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just put some spare 5 gallon equivalent EV battery's on your saddles instead of gas tanks.... solutions baby 🤣🤣🤣

20220627_202804.png
Back on topic - I actually wonder if once out at your camping spot or overlanding spot, if just having some decent solar panels and equipment would be enough to get you back to a full charge before heading home. If not, guess they could just charge at camp grounds with electrical hookups. :)

Broncenstein

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Back on topic - I actually wonder if once out at your camping spot or overlanding spot, if just having some decent solar panels and equipment would be enough to get you back to a full charge before heading home. If not, guess they could just charge at camp grounds with electrical hookups. :)
I heard Elon Musk answer a question that relevant to this. he was asked if solar panels will ever be good enough to be able to power a car as its being driven and he said no, solar panels are tapped out as far as their advancement and putting one on a car would only increase your range by 1-2 miles

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I heard Elon Musk answer a question that relevant to this. he was asked if solar panels will ever be good enough to be able to power a car as its being driven and he said no, solar panels are tapped out as far as their advancement and putting one on a car would only increase your range by 1-2 miles
Oh yeah, definitely not on the Bronco - but if you could deploy a small array at your camp grounds, or on your trailer while you're already out there camping, enough to get like 1000watts, you could probably start making a dent in the charge level.
This is just a random picture from Google with a decent amount of solar panels on a trailer - obviously no one should be pulling a big trailer like that with a Bronco. 🤣

Ford Bronco GM rules out gas-powered Bronco competitor. But EV possible? 1676405855143

Broncenstein

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh yeah, definitely not on the Bronco - but if you could deploy a small array at your camp grounds, or on your trailer while you're already out there camping, enough to get like 1000watts, you could probably start making a dent in the charge level.
This is just a random picture from Google with a decent amount of solar panels on a trailer - obviously no one should be pulling a big trailer like that with a Bronco. 🤣

Ford Bronco GM rules out gas-powered Bronco competitor. But EV possible? 1676405855143
ok, that makes more sense. I guess camping made me think of tents lol

Sponsored

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I call BS on Reuss, GM built an SUV version of the Colorado for the International Markets called Colorado 7 or the Holden Trailblazer:

Ford Bronco GM rules out gas-powered Bronco competitor. But EV possible? -content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F07%2FColorado_SUV_2017

Grant you, IMO it's ugly, but give it the ZR2/Bison treatment and you have a competitor even without a removable roof.

The new/updated 2023 version of the Colorado/Canyon had the intent of bring the U.S./International versions much closer together and the SUV was mentioned as a possibility too, but they want to throw all their money into EVs.

An EV competitor to the Bronco/Wrangler would need 4 motors, one for each wheel to outshine them off and on road. But making a smaller version of the EV Hummer SUV would be more expensive than the full size version. The full size version is so big and heavy, because it has the largest battery pack put in a production EV, and any ICE vehicle making 24mpg is more efficient than the Hummer EV truck.

I fail to see how they can make a true competitor EV in the same price range as the Bronco/Wrangler and earn a profit.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
stuff like this cracks me up. I give no cares of anybody's sexual preference, but to think these corporations are pro-anything other than pro-profits is hilarious. they do this because it stirs up pride in the LGBTQ community and makes them want to buy a Ford (or insert brand Here).
Tbh I think this kind of thing is largely about keeping people within the company happy, too. Maybe even more so. Running a huge corporation means working with a lot of interest groups within.

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would take days to charge up an EV buy the amount of solar panels you could fit in a Bronco. Try plugging an EV to a household 110 current and see how long that takes.

Broncenstein

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It would take days to charge up an EV buy the amount of solar panels you could fit in a Bronco. Try plugging an EV to a household 110 current and see how long that takes.
TFL off road did this with their hummer EV and it stated 6 days of charging to go from 25% charge to full

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

PurpleBronco2.3

Base
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Some people might blow a head gasket.
Luckily, the EV version won't have to worry about that 😉
Chevy could find a way. But also they missed their chance by making the blazer a weird Trax variant basically.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Chevy could find a way. But also they missed their chance by making the blazer a weird Trax variant basically.
My brother was so disappointed in the new Blazer. He had a '78 K10 Blazer and I had the '79 Bronco... here I am with a 2021 Bronco and him without a Blazer. :confused:

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you seen his review on the Mach-e, lightning and EQS? He lived with them all for a week, has real world experience
I have not, I'm just going over the two blog posts that were thrown at me, sorry.
Anything interesting in his reviews, worth actually reading or knowing about?

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BEVs will make great trail markers.
Sponsored