Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toyota needs to shed it's reputation for being uninspired for the uninspired.

All of their vehicles are just blah and the 4Runner in particularly has been blah for around 16 years with hardly any changes what so ever besides putting some lipstick on that pig. I know that's what some want and you can call it old school, I just call it old.

This new 4Runner looks ok, I guess for today, I do like the hybrid and at times wish Ford went that direction for a V6 option, but I'm also fine with the fact that they didn't. Will Toyota do a plug in that's not a full EV? Doubt it, but given that this thing won't debut until summer 2024, who knows?

Will the 4 Runner be ok? Sure, it's fine, but that's about it. The new Tundra doesn't do it for me, nor that huge Sequoia, which was a strange release ahead of 4Runner, but whatever, same platform as Tundra, so why not? :rolleyes:

Hard pass and Hard pass on all things Toyota. The Taco will be interesting vs the new Ranger, but Bronco sails past this 4Runner for all but the typical Toyota guys, and I know Ford wouldn't mind them, but in my opinion, hope they stay right where their boring asses are in the limp world of Toyota..... :cautious:

brrke

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NA8 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

haha, more like I am trying to order one.... the manual is preventing it from going in until probably June or July.

I love the red though, totally sold me on the heritage model

I did try to order a Supra manual before this... the dealer told me that I could put down a few grand as a deposit for a 7th place spot. When I asked how many they were getting, they told me 4 :p. Then I asked about the Corolla GR... and it was a flat "No".

When I get mine, let me know and you can check it out 2 door 2.7L

I picked the bronc over GR Corolla personally lol

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
No manual, no care

Also, in our region at least, getting an order in for a Toyota is much harder
Yeah while waiting the almost 2 years to get my Bronco I considered a Taco.

1 - cheapest I could spec out with a stick was $8k more than my Bronco.
2 - Even though you can build it on-line, you can't actually order from Toyota.

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I also call BS on the V6. It will no doubt be the 2.4T and Hybrid Max. Hopefully front locker available.

Sponsored

Mod3lat6202ft

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I find it funny when people, myself included, talk poorly about Toyota not improving upon the drivetrain in the 4Runners. I would pay a lot of money for a new Jeep with a 4.0l inline 6. I say this as I wait for a replacement 7 speed for my new bronco…

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know the Bronco is loaded with tech and all, but what made it so appealing is the no nonsense back to the basics styling exterior and interior. This 4Runner if it ends up looking anything like the rendering is awful. Sure the Bronco has some quirks but I wouldn't trade it for anything, and I have yet to drive any SUV type vehicle (rentals) that I enjoy driving as much as the Bronco. I understand hybrid and possible EV is in the works for Bronco as well, and I might be interested in the hybrid down the road.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same. We absolutely love our Bronco, the only issue we are having is the tiring wind noise for the useless (for us) removable hard top. Don’t tell me to buy a 4Runner instead, it’s a 9 year old archaic vehicle with an underpowered engine and old tech. Don’t tell me to buy a defender, it’s overpriced, unreliable and expensive to maintain.
Excuse me, I've had no reliability issues with my Defender in 18 months of on and off-road, plus a long road trip, too (and yes, real off-road). Fewer recalls than the Bronco, too (just 1 for an EGR replacement). :cool::p It was a touch more than my Badlands build, and maintenance is looking to be a touch pricier, but I love the thing.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's an FJ Cruiser.

Sponsored

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excuse me, I've had no reliability issues with my Defender in 18 months of on and off-road, plus a long road trip, too (and yes, real off-road). Fewer recalls than the Bronco, too (just 1 for an EGR replacement). :cool::p It was a touch more than my Badlands build, and maintenance is looking to be a touch pricier, but I love the thing.
I paid 58K for my fully loaded Bronco Badlands Lux. A similarly equipped Defender according to build and price is 75K.

A friend had a Discovery that spent more time at the dealer than driving and cost for anything maintenance was atrocious.
My ford dealer charged me $65 for oil change + 5 tire rotation + 10K miles checkup.
Something similar for my friend’s discovery in the same city we are based was 6 times the price. 600% more is not a “touch pricer” in my book. So is 75K vs 58K.
This is without mentioning that after warranty, Defender parts are a lot more expensive than Bronco parts. Good luck changing the 4 air suspensions VS the 4 Bilstein. They charged my friends in the thousands for basic parts.

I said I could pay 5K more for the top. Find my a Defender with the same options as my Bronco (Lux package) and V6 for 63K, and 65$ maintenance and I will be buying it. Hint: doesn’t exist.

Todd308

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It will be interesting, I looked hard at the 4-runner before I bought my AT4 a couple years ago. Toyota is almost always disappointing when it comes to features, but the price is at premium levels. When you look that a 2023 4-runner TRD Pro still has 2005 quality cameras, and is very underpowered, sure it's reliable, but anything you don't change a drivetrain for 15 years and make tweaks of course it's reliable. For me I can value being reliable by holding back features, but I won't pay a premium price tag for it. Heck a $40k rav 4 has significantly better tech than a TRD Pro 4-runner.

They ruined the Sequoia in 23' with the hybrid, you lose over 12" of cargo floor space due to the battery and as a result the 23' sequoia is a huge vehicle but has the same cargo cubic footage as a 23' 4 runner. Plus it's ground clearance and approach angles got worse over the 22' version. They did add tech, but they also took a huge price increase to the tune of almost $80k for a TRD Pro Sequoia.

I laugh at the renderings, I've yet to see a vehicle look like the guesses that artists make, I mean hopefully it's a monster more options are always good, but I wouldn't hold my breath. It's almost as silly as hoping GM learns how to make an off road full size truck, they don't have a clue.

TRDFurgesson

Wildtrak
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 2dr WT Lux, '22 Mach 1 HP, '92 Toyota 4x4 P/U
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe I'll be ready to go back to the FJ by then.
I loved my FJC. I bought one in 2007 and drove it for 15 years but it doesn’t compare to the my WT. If Toyota can get the top off of it, MAYBE but it’s going to take more than just a topless tart.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Toyota needs to shed its reputation for being uninspired for the uninspired.

Hard pass and Hard pass on all things Toyota.
Sums it up for me too. Reliability was a great differentiator 40-50 years ago when automobiles were more of a stretch purchase and getting to 100k miles was an achievement.

I took an Audi (no reliability king) to 206k miles with no major repairs before this Bronco. Today you need to sell something with some soul. Any new car will outlast their owners willingness To keep it.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Remember in the depths of the Bronco launch delays people thought they were going to jump ship for a redesigned '23 4Runner? :LOL:
I was one of those people for 757 days and then Ford blessed my beloved reservation on a dealer lot that didn’t screw me. In a way, It was fate. Cause any shenanigans and I’d be still hanging on to the 4Runner pipe dream.
Sponsored