Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let me know when it's time to buy F.
Remember back during reservations where a few were boasting how their F stock was going to pay for their Bronco? 🤪

Tryingtogetabronco

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
If my Bronco heritage doesn't get built I will try to get another Toyota trd pro 4runner. The resale value alone is one reason to get these. Barely lose any money.

Last edited:

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
renderings don't seem like much has changed...which is a very old body style at this point.
Old body style doesn't seem to hurt Wrangler sales. And it's not like our Broncos are particularly novel style or pretty. Frankly they remind me of a hearse.

If they had come out with this as a MY23 model I would have been all over it instead of the Bronco. Ford long term reliability is not to be trusted and the removable top is so poorly designed and executed... And don't get me started on the pointless frameless doors. All style over function.

But... I have never owned a new vehicle for less than 10 years so I am committed to the Bronco unless it turns out to be a total POS from a reliability perspective.

Sponsored

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good looking car. Only question left is, wheel size and ground clearance. If the interior is anything like the new Tundra/Sequoia then great. I'm sure they will have an off road version similar to the Tacoma Trail Hunter. But still not a competitor to the Bronco though. Body colored front bumper parts and rear paint body parts is still too low to the ground like new gen Tacoma. We need a revival of the FJ.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Old body style doesn't seem to hurt Wrangler sales. And it's not like our Broncos are particularly novel style or pretty. Frankly they remind me of a hearse.

If they had come out with this as a MY23 model I would have been all over it instead of the Bronco. Ford long term reliability is not to be trusted and the removable top is so poorly designed and executed... And don't get me started on the pointless frameless doors. All style over function.

But... I have never owned a new vehicle for less than 10 years so I am committed to the Bronco unless it turns out to be a total POS from a reliability perspective.
the body doesn't have to change a lot, especially when that's how you identify it easily. We all know the corvette look etc. But internally the 4Runner, and until recently the Tundra, has remained relatively unchanged for over a decade. The Tundra got a complete overhaul in 2022 internally and had remained relatively unchanged for over 16 years.

I owned a 2012 4Runner, and recently ended up in a 2023 as a rental. It's literally exactly the same. Same screen, same buttons, even still had an actual key, not even push to start. The 4Runner needs an overhaul to bring it up to date with modern current vehicles. The exterior can remain mostly unchanged and maintain it's styling, but it has to update it's internals. Add a bigger screen, add push to start, change the knobs etc.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 4Runner needs an overhaul to bring it up to date with modern current vehicles. The exterior can remain mostly unchanged and maintain it's styling, but it has to update it's internals. Add a bigger screen, add push to start, change the knobs etc.
Agree, which is why I wanted to buy one after the redesign. However as a long term owner I will never buy a first or even second model year after a redesign. If they had come out with the new 4Runner as MY23 I would have bought one next year. However the '25 release was pushing me to MY'27, and likely a 2028 purchase. Was not willing to wait that long.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Agree, which is why I wanted to buy one after the redesign. However as a long term owner I will never buy a first or even second model year after a redesign. If they had come out with the new 4Runner as MY23 I would have bought one next year. However the '25 release was pushing me to MY'27, and likely a 2028 purchase. Was not willing to wait that long.
1st year Toyota will still be more reliable than a bronco.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Remember back during reservations where a few were boasting how their F stock was going to pay for their Bronco? 🤪
Depending on when one bought and sold, $10K invested in F could have paid for a nicely-equipped Badlands. Or $20K if one missed the boat on both the buy and sell opportunities. At a bare minimum, one could have bought on Bronco reservation day and sold on their Bronco purchase date and at least double the investment. F was at a COVID low price, so it was just a matter of buy low, sell high(er).

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Depending on when one bought and sold, $10K invested in F could have paid for a nicely-equipped Badlands. Or $20K if one missed the boat on both the buy and sell opportunities. At a bare minimum, one could have bought on Bronco reservation day and sold on their Bronco purchase date and at least double the investment. F was at a COVID low price, so it was just a matter of buy low, sell high(er).

I had the same thought, but couldn't convince the wifey back then. When I reserved (Aug of 2020) it was 4$/share. Yesterday it was $13.92. Could have tripled my money. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. 😁

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had the same thought, but couldn't convince the wifey back then. When I reserved (Aug of 2020) it was 4$/share. Yesterday it was $13.92. Could have tripled my money. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20. 😁
I got lucky, bought some of those $4-5 shares, and selling helped my down payment in October 2021. Its rare to be that lucky.
Sponsored