Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If they can keep the price under 100,000 that would be a
Ford Bronco Competition: 2025 Land Cruiser Gets First Official Preview Teaser 1688672265405
Sponsored

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think Toyota has revealed their master plan yet. BUT... I'm really hoping the return of the Land Cruiser means Toyota will take the 4Runner in a more off-road-oriented direction.

Always thought it was a bit weird to squish the Land Cruiser between the Sequoia and 4Runner alongside the Highlander and Grand Highlander. It just feels like they have way too many SUVs with too much overlap between them. If they take the 4Runner and give it a bunch of off-road capability from the factory like the Bronco & Wrangler have... it could really set the 4Runner apart and have it clearly occupy its own market.
Whaaat Toyota doesnā€™t make that many SUVs, they just have the:
  1. Corolla Cross
  2. RAV4
  3. BZ4X
  4. Venza
  5. Highlander
  6. Grand Highlander
  7. 4Runner
  8. Sequoia
  9. Land Cruiser
No lineup bloat to see here, nope.

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Missed opportunity by Toyota. They could have joined the Jeep Bronco crowd with a real off-roader especially since they lean on the FJ40 heritage. This looks to be just another big dollar station wagon.

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a Bronco competitor unless it removes all the low body color painted body panels at the bumper and fenders both front and rear. I can smash the front end of my stock badlands on a rock and just respray the mod bumper. Canā€™t do that on any Toyota vehicle on the market right now. Thatā€™s why most aftermarket bumpers for Tacoma and 4Runner require cutting into the fenders and body color painted panels. Not a true off roader like a wrangler at all.

Sponsored

Jack D

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Jeep Liberty 6MT, 93 Explorer 2dr 5MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™m sure thatā€™ll be a fine vehicle, like most Yodas, but until itā€˜s available as a 2-door, convertible, and/or manual transmission, itā€™s not competition for MY Bronco.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™m sure thatā€™ll be a fine vehicle, like most Yodas, but until itā€˜s available as a 2-door, convertible, and/or manual transmission, itā€™s not competition for MY Bronco.
I would not be surprised if the 2.4T with a 6spd manual is an option.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's ridiculous to compare this vehicle to an FJ40. FJ55 or 70 series LC, but not the 40. Not even in the same ball park. A big yawn from me. I'd buy a good retro, removable top FJ40, 43, or 45 if they made it. I had the FJ cruiser and sold it because it was boring. I don't want or need another large SUV.

Tryingtogetabronco

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
This is so true.

Toyota confuses me...

GX being the high end lux offroader - check
LC being a 70k offroad oriented rig - check
Sequoia being flexed into offroad life at 60-70k - what? why? TRDPro?
4Runner - 40-50k super capable - check

LC and Sequoia occupying the same space just seems weird. Almost like they are setting up the LC to flop again.
4runner rumor is might be more wrangler and bronco like. Similar to how it started off as pickup truck with removal rear top.

Sponsored

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think Toyota has revealed their master plan yet. BUT... I'm really hoping the return of the Land Cruiser means Toyota will take the 4Runner in a more off-road-oriented direction.

Always thought it was a bit weird to squish the Land Cruiser between the Sequoia and 4Runner alongside the Highlander and Grand Highlander. It just feels like they have way too many SUVs with too much overlap between them. If they take the 4Runner and give it a bunch of off-road capability from the factory like the Bronco & Wrangler have... it could really set the 4Runner apart and have it clearly occupy its own market.

Or Bring back the FJ cruiser as the main off road offering so many people heavily modified the FJā€™s it was a shame to see it discontinued.

Tryingtogetabronco

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Missed opportunity by Toyota. They could have joined the Jeep Bronco crowd with a real off-roader especially since they lean on the FJ40 heritage. This looks to be just another big dollar station wagon.
Rumor is next gen 4runner will be that. Maybe blend between FJ and 1st gen 4runner.

bldavis11

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the Land Cruiser Prado in the rest of the world. My understanding is that this isn't going to be the full-size Land Cruiser. That vehicle is only available in North America as the Lexus LX.

I don't fully understand where Toyota is going with this either. We'll have to see how they actually put out this Land Cruiser (trims etc.) and how the next iteration of the 4Runner specs out. For me, it seems like this will punch in a notch about the 4Runner TRDPro trim level.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The ā€œnewā€ Land Cruiser is supposed to be based on the Land Cruiser prado which has been the base for the lexus gx. So I would expect it to have a lot of similarities to the new gx just announced. This puts 4Runner in a tight spot as it canā€™t realistically get the same tt v6 as the gx/lc so it will have to be smaller, probably not a three row anymore and there is a lot of speculation that it will compete directly with wrangler and bronco. Maybe Toyota will shock the world and offer a removeable top again.

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I see the Haterade was on a BOGO sale at the Blue Oval Quik Stop this week.
Sponsored