Sponsored

2024 Land Cruiser, 2024 Lexus GX, 2025 6th gen 4Runner - Toyota Triple Header Rollout Begins

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@FJ 432, here is another one for you.

gxp8002-jpg.jpg
It looks awesome. I kinda hope that the front end incorporates a different fascia with round head lights. I believe the new front end fascia is light years ahead of my hourglass 2015 GX however I wish it harkened back to the past.
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On the heels of the Land Cruiser announcement, it had me thinking about the LX.

I looked up the specs/dimensions of the LX and compared to the GX. With the GX growing in size and wheelbase, and the LX now so expensive, it really makes the proposition of the LX pretty hard to stomach when you think about the price difference over the GX. Everyone is saying the new GX mid tier build will be $65-70k, but I just dont get it. Shouldn't it be more? Or should the LX be less? What am I missing. Everyone talks about the "over engineered" parts that make the Land Cruiser/LX justified over its competition, but wouldn't the same build quality apply to the GX?

djnemo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mini Countryman JCW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lexus could ask for $80k for a mid-tier GX, but they will sell far more if the price is under $70k, so probably more overall profit with the lower pricing. I would guess a mid-tier new Land Cruiser will be around $60k, and mid-tier new 4runner will probably be around $50k.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

On the heels of the Land Cruiser announcement, it had me thinking about the LX.

I looked up the specs/dimensions of the LX and compared to the GX. With the GX growing in size and wheelbase, and the LX now so expensive, it really makes the proposition of the LX pretty hard to stomach when you think about the price difference over the GX. Everyone is saying the new GX mid tier build will be $65-70k, but I just dont get it. Shouldn't it be more? Or should the LX be less? What am I missing. Everyone talks about the "over engineered" parts that make the Land Cruiser/LX justified over its competition, but wouldn't the same build quality apply to the GX?
I don't know so I can only speculate, Lexus will continue to have a broad price range of models to appeal to different buyers. Remember the way us enthusiasts dissect auto information is a foreign concept to most buyers, they see what they like and buy it, end of story.

With Lexus adding the new TX to the line and moving the GX to more Defender / Offroad fighter, I think they are trying to broaden their market appeal to bring in new demographics. With the TX, they get the 3 row, luxury around town vehicle many will want. That allows they to refocus the new GX to bring in younger buyers, Defender buyers, Bronco buyers, etc. By broadening the base they increase sales volume and profitability. Same story with Toyota, Tacoma, Land Cruiser, 4Runner, a broder range of choices allow buyers to select what they want.

Some are confused by all the new model overlap, in both the Lexus and Toyota lineups. I think Toyota is trying to keep the buyer on their lots with a variety of choices instead of the buyer going across the street to brand x. One cost savings is the new TNGA-F truck platform architecture, the Toyota Tacoma Chief Engineer explains it well in this video.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FYI here are the numbers:

New GX 3.74" wider, 2.75" longer, 2.4" longer wheelbase. Now 197" in total length.

The LX is 200" long, 78" wide, with a 112.2" wheelbase. The outgoing GX wheelbase was 109.8", so now is identical to the LX wheelbase at 112.2". Overall - The new GX is the same wheelbase, same width, and only 3" shorter in total length than the LX.

If the GX pricing is only increased by CPI (i.e. $65-70k mid-tier), thats a $25-30k premium to step up from the new GX to LX. (The LX premium is $96k). That gets you the v8, and a handful of creature comforts...Before, when comparing the price difference from the LX to the outgoing GX, I get. But with all the stuff they added to the new GX, and the additional growth in size, it really is a bit mind blowing to consider the price difference to an LX. I guess the competition, such as the Defender, is really holding back pricing on the GX making it a tremendous value when you consider how much the LX costs. You're getting 95% of the LX for 2/3rds the price (sans a v8).

Sponsored

mikes781

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a bronco badlands on order and am expecting it to get pushed to 2024. Keeping a close eye on the pricing of the GX and the Land Cruiser. If the price for GX Overtrail does end up starting with a 7 and the 24 Bronco has a significant price increase, its going to make me think hard about going that way.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have a bronco badlands on order and am expecting it to get pushed to 2024. Keeping a close eye on the pricing of the GX and the Land Cruiser. If the price for GX Overtrail does end up starting with a 7 and the 24 Bronco has a significant price increase, its going to make me think hard about going that way.
16 minutes into this Kirk K video he estimates pricing.

Ford Bronco 2024 Land Cruiser, 2024 Lexus GX, 2025 6th gen 4Runner - Toyota Triple Header Rollout Begins Screenshot_20230614_202544_YouTube

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a deposit on one. Wish the hybrid was sooner than later, but the wife has been waiting for about 3 years for the re-design so this is the time. I really like what they have done.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
$70k sounds right for the Premium+ (which i presume will be a vast majority of sales as its offers most options at a decent price point). For 2023, its a lot of vehicle for $70k, so I kind of expect it to have a 7 in front of it, not a 6. The 2023 has a base (premium) and luxury at $60k, and $70k. With Premium plus now slotting in between, you'd think $65k plus inflation/etc, for 8-10% increase making it $70k-$71k...the overtrail would be a solid $5k over that...

Sponsored

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

By the time I finally get my Bronco, it will be just in time to trade it in on a new Landcruiser. Hopefully they actually build it on the same chassis as the Prado.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

By the time I finally get my Bronco, it will be just in time to trade it in on a new Landcruiser. Hopefully they actually build it on the same chassis as the Prado.
Toyota is moving all trucks to the new TNGA-F (GA-F) platform. The Tundra, Tundra, Tacoma, Lexus GX, Lexus LX are already on it.

The upcoming international Prado, the US Land Cruiser and the 6th gen 4Runner will be on it as well.

Long story short, both the new Prado and Land Cruiser will be on the same platform and share a number of parts.

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Toyota is moving all trucks to the new TNGA-F (GA-F) platform. The Tundra, Tundra, Tacoma, Lexus GX, Lexus LX are already on it.

The upcoming international Prado, the US Land Cruiser and the 6th gen 4Runner will be on it as well.

Long story short, both the new Prado and Land Cruiser will be on the same platform and share a number of parts.
Yes. Which is what I want to happen- not interested in the three row, 6000lb bloated SUV it became in the US.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes. Which is what I want to happen- not interested in the three row, 6000lb bloated SUV it became in the US.
Here is another great video from the Tacoma Chief Engineer explaining more about the TNGA-F frame.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll wait for the Land Cruiser - should be ~$10k less. I don't need the fancy interior and there are several Toyota dealerships nearby that always sell at MSRP.
I didn't even know they were doing a Landcruiser and that one really intrigues me. I would love a GX but enjoy eating more than condiments for dinner. The redesigned 4Runner and Landcruiser are the only 2 vehicles I could see getting me out of my Bronco.
Sponsored