Radical, Unexpected, Bronco, Land Rover & Land Cruiser Fighter, 2024 Santa Fe

Exhaust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Your information is 20 years out of date, have you seen Hyundai's quality and customer satisfaction ratings for the last number of years? They beat many international and domestic brands.
I actually like Kia/Hyundai, but they are really suffering from the stolen car/immobilizer fiasco. I think that wiped out a decade of reputation building as no one around here will ever buy them again. Every day people post on Nextdoor about their car being stolen.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wouldn’t touch a Hyundai or Kia with a 10ft pole…too many bad experiences
I bought a Kia Soul for my wife and (knock on wood) it's been great so far (3 years running). Got it brand new for $14K with the manual transmission my wife wanted, nice fuel milage and we've taken it all over the country. Shockingly good rear seat room for adults (trunk space is mediocre though).

We had trouble finding a comparable priced and equipped economy car offering from the USA based companies, some of whom were dropping their economy vehicle offerings in favor of chasing SUV big spenders.

I will say it's nice to have a decent lower cost economy car in the household, as a compliment to the functionalities of our other vehicles.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, I bought a G70 sedan. Decided we didn't need the room and wanted a sports sedan.
Ha ok I had a G70 and know how tight that rear seating is. Big difference from a vehicle with 3 rows.

Sponsored

Hannaboy78

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Armada
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have owned 2 KIAs over the last 15yrs (2004 Sorento & 2011 Optima). They were both good vehicles. The only issue I had was the engine recall on the Optima but it was taken care of in full. I have always liked the looks and designs of the Kia model cars but I can't figure out what Hyundai is doing. The vehicle designs always look decent except one thing that completely turns me away. The rear of this Santa Fe for instance... specifically the tail lights. The Genesis also looks really nice. Whoever is designing the Hyundai models must have bets with each other to see who can incorporate the ugliest characteristic into an otherwise good looking vehicle and still sell the most. The front end (headlights) of the new Tucson is another example. Just MHO.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your information is 20 years out of date, have you seen Hyundai's quality and customer satisfaction ratings for the last number of years? They beat many international and domestic brands.
So are the Theta II issues behind them with the Theta III? Have the thefts due to crappy ignition security design slowed down?

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So are the Theta II issues behind them with the Theta III? Have the thefts due to crappy ignition security design slowed down?
Are we comparing it to the long list of Bronco issues?

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are we comparing it to the long list of Bronco issues?
I'll take that as a no on both accounts.

Whataboutism, not just for politics anymore.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a 2011 Sante Fe and it will be my last Hyundia vehicle ever. Hyundai will not do anything but plug into the computer, no code, no problem. Gone traded away and Hyundai will never see my money again. My pervious Hyundai where awesome cheap cars that ran and dead reliable.

Otherwise looks good, definitely competition for the Bronco Sport.
Sponsored