Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love that boxy is cool again. Now if Chevy would pull their head out of their butts and give us a real blazer based on 1st or 2nd gen designs with H.O. 5.3.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OK I suppose I read that too quickly and price is still unknown. I owned a 2019 Genesis G70 brand new and my local dealership was actually mainly a Hyundai one. All the sales and service employees were intermingled so I never truly got the "Genesis" experience. The service dept didn't have a functioning alignment machine when they installed some suspension parts for me so I burned through a set of tires after 10K miles. So my personal experience with Hyundai is not very good.

santafe.JPG
My wife has owned two Genesis and we can’t complain. She thinks my Bronco is a shitbox.

• Haha
Reactions: Jdc

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My Ex has a (kia) K5 awd she bought new last year, and it currently has less than 20k miles

she drives 60 in a 65 on the right lane of the highway, so how her rotors are warped and the wheel weights dropped is beyond me, especially considering the only time it hustled was when I was behind the wheel

hard pass

Sounds like something a bronco would do.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I prefer to buy an American (mostly) product, assembled by Americans, in America. Old fashioned, I know. I love my Bronco.
Last time I checked Alabama is in the United States.

Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama (HMMA) Edit Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama Main article: Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama Opened in 2005, Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama (HMMA) is a manufacturing facility owned by Hyundai Motor Company employing approximately 3,000 people. Located in Montgomery, Alabama, the facility marked the official start of production with the 2006 Sonata in May 2005. HMMA is capable of producing up to 399,500 vehicles per year at full capacity. Apart from vehicle assembly, HMMA also produces Smartstream G2.5 GDI, G1.6 T-GDI, G2.0 Atkinson, G2.5 GDI, and G2.5 T-GDI engines.[22] Established2005 LocationMontgomery, Alabama, United States Area7,160,000 m2 (716 ha; 1,769 acres) Plants1 Employees3,100 Annual capacity370,000 vehicles (8% of global output)[23] 700,000 engines (13% of global output) Current models Edit Hyundai Sonata (May 2005 – December 2022) Hyundai Santa Fe (April 2006 – present) Hyundai Elantra (November 2010 – present)[24] Hyundai Tucson (February 2021 – present)[25] Hyundai Santa Cruz (June 2021 – present)[26]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Motor_Manufacturing_Alabama

Sponsored

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stand corrected on assembly, but profits go over seas. Do I buy products made in China and else where, yes, but not happy about it. I try to buy American when I have a choice.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You see it here all the time. People adamant they won’t support a foreign company, and yet will buy a Mexican made American brand instead of an American made foreign brand. It’s like they only care about putting money in an American CEO’s pocket, as if that helps average Americans. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I guess they only care about the rich getting richer.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Stand corrected on assembly, but profits go over seas. Do I buy products made in China and else where, yes, but not happy about it. I try to buy American when I have a choice.
You’re worried about the CEO getting paid instead of the hundreds of American workers and local tax base getting paid? How does Ford making Sports in Mexico help any but a select few Americans?
I support America workers, not CEOs.

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When American public companies make money, not only does the CEO get paid but all stock holders benefit. Do you have a 401K? Then you probably own stock and profit from the stock market. I am done. You can have your opinion, and I can have mine. I WILL NOT buy a Hyundai. EVER.

Sponsored

KDWright5407

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Palisade, Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot of Hyundai vehicles are made in the US, by Americans. In fact, many of their vehicles are more American (components sources within, and assembled in the US) than many "American" brands.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A lot of Hyundai vehicles are made in the US, by Americans. In fact, many of their vehicles are more American (components sources within, and assembled in the US) than many "American" brands.
Many non-US brands have invested heavily in US manufacturing while US brands have gone elsewhere. The importance of local economies with local tax bases escape many. Who do they think spend money at local small businesses?

Not just car manufacturers either. Dassault has invested heavily here locally and supports many jobs both directly and indirectly.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Don't look now, but a radical, unexpected, Land Rover, Land Cruiser & Bronco fighter just emerged. The boxy, 2024 Hyundai Santa Fe squarely takes aim at 80% of the public that wants the outdoors / overlanding look, along with the functionality to back it up. No, this is not a Bronco rock crawling competitor, with a removable roof, but there is a large enough part of the buying public that will take a look at this new model. It's the same length as the Bronco and 4Runner, 190".

Press Release and Specs

XRT Concept Shows the Rugged Possibilities

Which one of these is the Land Rover and which one is the Santa Fe?
-santa-fe-v-land-rover-defender-styling-face-off-3.jpg

hyundai-santa-fe_exterior06.jpg

ADEE585-E6DB-4519-9EEF-6E22FA6435D9_1_201_a-scaled.jpg

006-2024-Hyundai-Santa-Fe-rear-three-quarters.jpg

Panoramic Curved Display, with dual 12.3-inch digital cluster and infotainment system
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

XRT concept model with a 2" lift

It looks like you can sleep in it, that's gotta be 50% of the posts on this site. The other 50 is divided by top and transmission issues and the fact they can't build the damn HEs! 😉

Since I'm stuck on 50%, I'd guess 50% of the Broncos out there will be traded in before the last payment is ever made on something just like this!

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Many non-US brands have invested heavily in US manufacturing while US brands have gone elsewhere. The importance of local economies with local tax bases escape many. Who do they think spend money at local small businesses?

Not just car manufacturers either. Dassault has invested heavily here locally and supports many jobs both directly and indirectly.
When I visited Dassault, my cash stayed in Little Rock.

https://www.dassault-aviation.com/en/group/news/the-first-falcon-6x-arrives-in-little-rock/

Sponsored