North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Don't look now, but a radical, unexpected, Land Rover, Land Cruiser & Bronco fighter just emerged. The boxy, 2024 Hyundai Santa Fe squarely takes aim at 80% of the public that wants the outdoors / overlanding look, along with the functionality to back it up. No, this is not a Bronco rock crawling competitor, with a removable roof, but there is a large enough part of the buying public that will take a look at this new model. It's the same length as the Bronco and 4Runner, 190".

Press Release and Specs

XRT Concept Shows the Rugged Possibilities

Which one of these is the Land Rover and which one is the Santa Fe?
Ford Bronco Radical, Unexpected, Bronco, Land Rover & Land Cruiser Fighter, 2024 Santa Fe -santa-fe-v-land-rover-defender-styling-face-off-3

Ford Bronco Radical, Unexpected, Bronco, Land Rover & Land Cruiser Fighter, 2024 Santa Fe hyundai-santa-fe_exterior06

Ford Bronco Radical, Unexpected, Bronco, Land Rover & Land Cruiser Fighter, 2024 Santa Fe ADEE585-E6DB-4519-9EEF-6E22FA6435D9_1_201_a-scaled

Ford Bronco Radical, Unexpected, Bronco, Land Rover & Land Cruiser Fighter, 2024 Santa Fe 006-2024-Hyundai-Santa-Fe-rear-three-quarters

Panoramic Curved Display, with dual 12.3-inch digital cluster and infotainment system
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

XRT concept model with a 2" lift
Ford Bronco Radical, Unexpected, Bronco, Land Rover & Land Cruiser Fighter, 2024 Santa Fe hyundai-santa-fe_100893903_h

Ford Bronco Radical, Unexpected, Bronco, Land Rover & Land Cruiser Fighter, 2024 Santa Fe 038-2024-Hyundai-Santa-Fe-front-view

Ford Bronco Radical, Unexpected, Bronco, Land Rover & Land Cruiser Fighter, 2024 Santa Fe leadingInteriorSpaceandTailgateOpening-1-1536x1024

Ford Bronco Radical, Unexpected, Bronco, Land Rover & Land Cruiser Fighter, 2024 Santa Fe uto=webp&optimize=high&quality=70&width=1440&dpr=1

Ford Bronco Radical, Unexpected, Bronco, Land Rover & Land Cruiser Fighter, 2024 Santa Fe ooks-digitally-ready-to-conquer-the-world-218694_1

Ford Bronco Radical, Unexpected, Bronco, Land Rover & Land Cruiser Fighter, 2024 Santa Fe rt-concept-earthy-brass-exterior-113-64cc0b8ce9360

Ford Bronco Radical, Unexpected, Bronco, Land Rover & Land Cruiser Fighter, 2024 Santa Fe hyundai-santa-fe_interior10

Ford Bronco Radical, Unexpected, Bronco, Land Rover & Land Cruiser Fighter, 2024 Santa Fe 2024_Hyundai_Santa_Fe_12_1600

Sponsored

Last edited:

Rip

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This was a very shrewd decision from Hyundai to understand this market segment.

You hit the nail on the head regarding the percentage of people that want the outdoors/over landing look. This will keep more innovative attention coming to over landing. It will make all of the brands better over the next 5 years.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do like the look of the new santa fe and if we needed another family hauler, I would absolutely look into these. That said my wife got a '22 exploder last year and she usually sticks with a car for about 8 to 10 years so our days of needing a 3rd row might be gone by that point.

Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Another Glampers' Delight

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I know Hyundai is cheap garbage but a $25k starting price is very impressive
Your information is 20 years out of date, have you seen Hyundai's quality and customer satisfaction ratings for the last number of years? They beat many international and domestic brands.

I'm not sure where you saw the $25K? The 2023 is $29K base, $36K hybrid and the Calligraphy is $43K. The 2024 has not released pricing yet, but is expected to start in the low $30K and range to $50K. The full reveal and pricing will happen in November at the LA Auto Show.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And heres Chevy run by a woman who aspired to be on Sex in the City with their crossovers

at much as I wanna bag it, at least they’re taking a step in the right direction. Doesnt mean its a serious competitor, but they’re infinitely better than Govt Motors

Sponsored

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK I suppose I read that too quickly and price is still unknown. I owned a 2019 Genesis G70 brand new and my local dealership was actually mainly a Hyundai one. All the sales and service employees were intermingled so I never truly got the "Genesis" experience. The service dept didn't have a functioning alignment machine when they installed some suspension parts for me so I burned through a set of tires after 10K miles. So my personal experience with Hyundai is not very good.

Ford Bronco Radical, Unexpected, Bronco, Land Rover & Land Cruiser Fighter, 2024 Santa Fe santafe.JPG

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

OK I suppose I read that too quickly and price is still unknown. I owned a 2019 Genesis G70 brand new and my local dealership was actually mainly a Hyundai one. All the sales and service employees were intermingled so I never truly got the "Genesis" experience. The service dept didn't have a functioning alignment machine when they installed some suspension parts for me so I burned through a set of tires after 10K miles. So my personal experience with Hyundai is not very good.

Understand, certain dealers of any brand can make ownership painful, don't get some of the Ford guys started, all their dealers are stellar. ;)

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

My Ex has a (kia) K5 awd she bought new last year, and it currently has less than 20k miles

she drives 60 in a 65 on the right lane of the highway, so how her rotors are warped and the wheel weights dropped is beyond me, especially considering the only time it hustled was when I was behind the wheel

hard pass

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I prefer to buy an American (mostly) product, assembled by Americans, in America. Old fashioned, I know. I love my Bronco.
Sponsored