Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some of these arguments are decades out of date .

Lots of people out there still parroting the same crap their great grandparents were spewing 40- 50 years ago.
It's not even remotely relevant today.

This coming from a person who has benefited GREATLY from US steel mills, the old stalwart of "Buy American".

Today, many of their customers are the "foreign" branded manufacturers located here in the US, like Subaru, many of which are built here in Indiana, not horribly far from me.

Ford (GM, ...all of them) invests heavily in/on foreign soil.
How many plants have they shuttered and moved the facilities to Mexico or China?
Many, but the one that really matters to me is the one my brother worked at.
So my brand loyalty ended there.

Built in the US, it's a battle I can win, currently.

I've literally know people who were hounded so bad by the ignorant "buy (domestic brand), 'Murica!" folks that they traded in their union built, American built, foreign branded car and bought a Ford that was built in Mexico just to shut them up.
(heavily rolls eyes)
Sponsored

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI, Hyundai and Kia vehicles built in the States boast superior quality compared to those manufactured elsewhere, largely due to the stringent regulations in place. However, if these vehicles still fail to meet your expectations, it might be worthwhile to consider increasing your budget and exploring more premium options.

Considering that we're within a Bronco forum, I understand that the members here are predominantly Ford-or-Nothing enthusiasts. There's no need to forcefully promote other brands to sway their preferences. Let's keep the discussions respectful and light-hearted :)

Source: I'm Korean

Last edited:

KDWright5407

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Palisade, Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife drives a Hyundai Palisade (Caligraphy model, made in Seoul). It's the best bang for your buck as far as buying a 3-row SUV. You get a ton of luxury options without paying luxury brand prices. Quality is fantastic, too. The heads-up display, heated and cooled massaging seats with auto-adjusting bolsters, and other creature comforts are light years ahead of the 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie that I just sold so I can order a Bronco on Wednesday (saving the money from the truck and "monthly payments" for a strong down payment for whenever Bronco is delivered). After driving the Palisade, then sitting in a Wildtrak at a ford dealer, the well equipped Bronco feels like a cheapo, plastic base model. I have to keep reminding my wife that the Bronco is utilitarian and designed for something much different than the Palisade (minivan replacement grocery-getter).

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems like they're keying off of the folks who are off-roading the Palisade/Telluride. It'll be interesting to see if any of the more extreme off-road concepts make it to market

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't read the whole thread, but unless the top and doors come off it is in a different class than the Bronco and Wrangler. And don't get me started on the "overlanding" crowd, that's just the latest outdoor fad all the hipsters are jumping on. They've gotten too fat for their paddleboards, and now are sleeping on their cars instead but call it "overlanding" to not sound trashy. :D

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You see it here all the time. People adamant they won’t support a foreign company, and yet will buy a Mexican made American brand instead of an American made foreign brand. It’s like they only care about putting money in an American CEO’s pocket, as if that helps average Americans. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I guess they only care about the rich getting richer.
No one seems concerned with BFG’s profits going to France. Hyundai must sound too foreign 🤷‍♂️

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't look now, but a radical, unexpected, Land Rover, Land Cruiser & Bronco fighter just emerged. The boxy, 2024 Hyundai Santa Fe squarely takes aim at 80% of the public that wants the outdoors / overlanding look, along with the functionality to back it up. No, this is not a Bronco rock crawling competitor, with a removable roof, but there is a large enough part of the buying public that will take a look at this new model. It's the same length as the Bronco and 4Runner, 190".

Press Release and Specs

XRT Concept Shows the Rugged Possibilities

Which one of these is the Land Rover and which one is the Santa Fe?
-santa-fe-v-land-rover-defender-styling-face-off-3.jpg

ADEE585-E6DB-4519-9EEF-6E22FA6435D9_1_201_a-scaled.jpg
They're definitely trying to copy the Defender, including parts of the interior (though they can keep that hideous rear). That said, the photoshop in this first photo is funny to me, because while the Defender actually made it up there, the comparatively low ground clearance of the Hyundai (8.2 inches) tells me it's going to be more of a mall crawler. Looks like the breakover angle won't be that great, either.

I look forward to seeing another click-bait video where TFL guys air down the low-profile tires and then act shocked and angry when they get a flat.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

They're definitely trying to copy the Defender, including parts of the interior (though they can keep that hideous rear). That said, the photoshop in this first photo is funny to me, because while the Defender actually made it up there, the comparatively low ground clearance of the Hyundai (8.2 inches) tells me it's going to be more of a mall crawler. Looks like the breakover angle won't be that great, either.
That is why they built the XRT Concept, yes it's real, not a rendering, hopefully they will bring it to market.

In Nathan's review of it, he stuck his 12" long, size 13 boots underneath the display and had room to clear. Of course that does not equal 12" ground clearance at all points, but it does have a 2" lift so it looks like 10" plus will be possible.

038-2024-hyundai-santa-fe-front-view-jpg.jpg

hyundai-santa-fe_100893903_h-jpg.jpg

webp-optimize-high-quality-70-width-1440-dpr-1-jpg.jpg

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't look now, but a radical, unexpected, Land Rover, Land Cruiser & Bronco fighter just emerged. The boxy, 2024 Hyundai Santa Fe squarely takes aim at 80% of the public that wants the outdoors / overlanding look, along with the functionality to back it up. No, this is not a Bronco rock crawling competitor, with a removable roof, but there is a large enough part of the buying public that will take a look at this new model. It's the same length as the Bronco and 4Runner, 190".

Press Release and Specs

XRT Concept Shows the Rugged Possibilities

Which one of these is the Land Rover and which one is the Santa Fe?
Ford Bronco Radical, Unexpected, Bronco, Land Rover & Land Cruiser Fighter, 2024 Santa Fe webp-optimize-high-quality-70-width-1440-dpr-1-

Ford Bronco Radical, Unexpected, Bronco, Land Rover & Land Cruiser Fighter, 2024 Santa Fe webp-optimize-high-quality-70-width-1440-dpr-1-

Panoramic Curved Display, with dual 12.3-inch digital cluster and infotainment system
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

XRT concept model with a 2" lift

Hyundai makes good vehicles and people will line up to buy it. But, all I see is just another fish in a sea of bland grocery getter suv's

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is a Land Rover competitor not Bronco. Wrangler is the Bronco’s only competition, everything else is just a grocery getter.
As someone said earlier, more of an Explorer competitor, not Bronco.

Sponsored

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is why they built the XRT Concept, yes it's real, not a rendering, hopefully they will bring it to market.

In Nathan's review of it, he stuck his 12" long, size 13 boots underneath the display and had room to clear. Of course that does not equal 12" ground clearance at all points, but it does have a 2" lift so it looks like 10" plus will be possible.

This will be interesting to see how it actually performs off-road if they decide to produce it. There is a good bit of rear overhang, but it would still probably do OK. I'd assume it will have more of Bronco sport style "AWD" system, though it could still be decent - I know the Defender isn't body-on-frame and has no front locker, but it's still quite capable.

Back to style - I see so much copying in the design - Cherokee-eqsue grille, the outsides of the bumper area are very Defender (minus the Defender's fog lights), and the back sides / bumper are very Range Rover (and the side box very Defender, again). I get they're aiming to produce something with mass appeal, but it bugs me when everyone just copies each other and lack originality. It's like trying to pick out a small/mid SUV from a lineup. Hard to do.

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife drives a Hyundai Palisade (Caligraphy model, made in Seoul). It's the best bang for your buck as far as buying a 3-row SUV. You get a ton of luxury options without paying luxury brand prices. Quality is fantastic, too. The heads-up display, heated and cooled massaging seats with auto-adjusting bolsters, and other creature comforts are light years ahead of the 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie that I just sold so I can order a Bronco on Wednesday (saving the money from the truck and "monthly payments" for a strong down payment for whenever Bronco is delivered). After driving the Palisade, then sitting in a Wildtrak at a ford dealer, the well equipped Bronco feels like a cheapo, plastic base model. I have to keep reminding my wife that the Bronco is utilitarian and designed for something much different than the Palisade (minivan replacement grocery-getter).
We came really close to buying one last year. I agree about the features in the Palisade. Decided we didn't need a three row vehicle after all. We bought a Genesis G70 instead. Fantastic ride and power. Full of great tech as well. Picked up a Kona as a grocery getter as well.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SantaFe4G.com in 3 . . . 2 . . .

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

lets be real. not an offroad competitor BUT most bronco owners, like jeep owners, don't offroad. it is competition for the outdoor/exploring type if you don't want the removable roof and lower price.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We came really close to buying one last year. I agree about the features in the Palisade. Decided we didn't need a three row vehicle after all. We bought a Genesis G70 instead. Fantastic ride and power. Full of great tech as well. Picked up a Kona as a grocery getter as well.
You surely meant GV70, right?
Sponsored