John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Or so I interpret it. 20 seconds or so into the Above and Beyond Land Rover Defender ad, out in the desert, stopped for a red light to allow a herd of "Broncos" to pass by, reminiscent to a degree of the Indian ad (produced by Indian, not HD) where the group of HD riders allows the group of Indian riders to pass and they acknowledge them as equals.

Yes it is Madison Avenue hype, and just the way it caught my attention and maybe was not even intended that way, but still you gotta love LR commercials.

Sponsored

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I noticed you can take a Defender through a car wash!!

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Odd post. Just odd

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Or so I interpret it. 20 seconds or so into the Above and Beyond Land Rover Defender ad, out in the desert, stopped for a red light to allow a herd of "Broncos" to pass by, reminiscent to a degree of the Indian ad (produced by Indian, not HD) where the group of HD riders allows the group of Indian riders to pass and they acknowledge them as equals.

Yes it is Madison Avenue hype, and just the way it caught my attention and maybe was not even intended that way, but still you gotta love LR commercials.

Noticed the same thing. Doubt it was intended to be homage to the Bronco, but more likely than not, just cool imagery. Not as if Bronco is well known at this point, aside from the reveal, the only commercial I've seen is for the sport with the horse raised by goats.

Ran into a guy who was asking me about it at a store the other day. (Basesquatch) told me his friend had a Wildtrack 4 door and mine was far more badass. Said to myself, self, that's weird, he then went on to say yeah, it's a Wildtrack sport, can't wait to tell him about it. I smiled and figured I'd let his friend explain the difference, and wished him a great day...

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And if you take the roof off, you can’t put it back on without a welder…
I guess it's good I didn't end up with my Badlands order. The removable top was not at all a selling point for me. I'd still rather see a version with a less-removable but more weatherproof / soundproof top.
Sponsored