395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Looks like 8.3". So the new Land Cruiser tops that at 8.7"? People who actually off-road are going to mod as needed.
Indeed. I knew the answer to the question before I asked it.
Sponsored

76to22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What the fu...gly

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Not many people know this, but Toyota has had their "GOAT" off road modes for at least a decade. My 4runner has it in it
I just used my sand mode out on the beach yesterday. 4 off road modes, crawl control, and ATRAC. Land Rover makes a great 4WD system with off road modes as well. The "GOAT" modes are nothing new.

IMG_6642.jpeg

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I support American workers. I really don't care where the CEO is and how much money is going into his pocket. Ever see what brands are the top 10 American MADE vehicle?

But, when it comes to deciding between Mexican made and Japanese made, I'll hedge my bets on which has better quality.
This whole argument doesn't hold water these days. This is an argument from generations ago. Bottom line is that the vast majority of products you buy are made in China and help to support the communist regime and the number one enemy of the USA. Chance are, you're most likely reading this on your Chinese made iPhone.

Sponsored

Dtronic

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350, 2023 Toyota Camry, 2022 BMW S1000R
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
The BASE model starts at mid 50,000s. I'd say Ford doesn't have to worry much.
Same starting price for the Bronco in 2024.

Dtronic

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350, 2023 Toyota Camry, 2022 BMW S1000R
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I like the looks of it. Makes me suspicious if they won't kill off the 4runner though as this will eat into their own sales with the 4runner only a little cheaper
The redesigned for 2024 4runner is aimed for a younger audience. The Land Cruiser will be more Luxurious.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The BASE model starts at mid 50,000s. I'd say Ford doesn't have to worry much.
Their base model seems to have rear lockers and sway bar disco, at least according to the blurbinked in the OP. That is about on par with a BD, which does not have the disco.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Watched some landcruiser videos on YT and I must say that I absolutely love the looks of the 1958 - much, much better than the Bronco or Wrangler. Love that fixed roof, and the reliability is going to be much better than anything with the Ford nameplate. If the mpg is really 27 due to the hybrid then it will be a real winner for many who only do moderate offroading.

Not getting any buyer's remorse (yet) since the pricing is going to be too rich for me (probably $60k+ by the time it is configured the way I like it and the puny tires are replaced). Also not sure about the cargo area, it looks narrow and I would like to be able to sleep two adults side by side in the back.

However all this bodes well for the '25 4Runner. By the time it is on its third model year my Bronco will be 5 years old and I may ditch it for a Toyota.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

toyota just needs to make a real Land Cruiser throwback saluting the FJ40/Bandeirante heritage. something that retains the look and feel, not like an fj cruiser but a true nod to the 2dr FJs. A removable top, flat fender mountain goat. They would sell like crazy and
Sponsored